• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

xclaw

Anyone see PS4 Zombie Army Trilogy in any stores yet? Can't pull up results on BB. FS or EB and don't really want to drive around looking.

New Deal

Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch underscore Dogs, and Ryze are all $20 at Shoppers starting tomorrow (all consoles). They also have 18,500 points for a $75 purchase this weekend.

You can also price-match since it's in the flyer.

Also has anyone been able to contact Best Buy? Been using their "Contact Us" form for the past month or so and realized that they never respond. Going to have to call.

No_Style

When the charge fails to go through, they'll send an email to check your credit card, at which time you can update. You can also call them now, but that'll take longer.

Thanks. I'm trying to update via their site but it's broken as usual. I'll just wait for the notification. I'm in no rush for any of this stuff.

i-Jest

New Deal

Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch underscore Dogs, and Ryze are all $20 at Shoppers starting tomorrow (all consoles). They also have 18,500 points for a $75 purchase this weekend.

You can also price-match since it's in the flyer.

Also has anyone been able to contact Best Buy? Been using their "Contact Us" form for the past month or so and realized that they never respond. Going to have to call.

Watch Dogs on my Wii U? Hhhmmmm. Probably won't even find the damn thing though.

ahdurian

Not a deal but b anyone looking for a N3DS case... It looks like EBs got some shipments. Just got one at the Eaton centre location

I wonder where they get the refurb games from. Can't be that many defective discs out there.

~$40 per game after taxes and shipping (assuming you buy more than 1) is pretty good.

My Zelda new 3DS XL arrived today from Amazon. But the box is a bit beat up because they shipped it in a regular bubble mailer. What will they do if I contact them? I don't want to return it as I think there is only 1 dead pixel, and they don't have anymore stock.

I hope this is the place for this, but if not I will delete this post.

I am selling a New 3DS Xl. It's the red one, and it comes with a charger and a hori case (8 bit Mario on the front). I'll also include my digital games on it (there are about a dozen Nintendo developed games, including Smash Bros).

I'm looking for $280. Just enough to cover the refurbished WiiU I just bought.

I'm in Woodbridge Ontario, but I would consider shipping if the buyer wants to pay for shipping.

My Zelda new 3DS XL arrived today from Amazon. But the box is a bit beat up because they shipped it in a regular bubble mailer. What will they do if I contact them? I don't want to return it as I think there is only 1 dead pixel, and they don't have anymore stock.

if you can live with it, keep it. if you can't, try dealing with nintendo. dealing with amazon won't end well

Mattiator

Hello :)
Going to buy an xbox one today anyone have any opinions on if the refurbished models are safe or should I go with a creed bundle??
Thanks!

ahdurian

This is what I was thinking to do. I don't know what Nintendo would do, as it isn't their fault Amazon packaged an expensive product with a small bubble mailer.

worth a shot to call Amazon for some kind of credit, but also call Nintendo
Someone on this thread called them, and they ended up sending them a replacement one
but i think he got really lucky on it.
Nintendo said that if they can't repair it, they would send him another one (but only an LE, not a regular N3DS)

Edit: i thought i was in a different thread and mentioned the this thread LOL whoops

Why not complain to Amazon? You can probably get some promotional credit out of it.

He can try, but I don't see how he'll get out of having to return the item, at which point he'll never see it again. Will they just take his word that the box was dented? Will they accept pictures? If the box isn't completely wrecked (which it sounds like it isn't), will they even give a fuck?

I mean go for it, you can try.

kennah

Hmm. No chance in hell of the wiiu arriving before the 21st eh? Want to get one for my kids birthday but probably gonna have to go retail.

I'm considering selling Mario Kart 8 and Shadow of Mordor. I never play Wii U, and beat Mordor. Though it's great, it will likely be dirt cheap down the road.

Mario Kart is fantastic, but I don't have friends over, or play multiplayer much.

Money versus great games

I'm considering selling Mario Kart 8 and Shadow of Mordor. I never play Wii U, and beat Mordor. Though it's great, it will likely be dirt cheap down the road.

Mario Kart is fantastic, but I don't have friends over, or play multiplayer much.

Money versus great games

Get rid of Mordor, but hang on to MK8. Mario Kart will have very little depreciation in value, so if the time comes where you do regret selling it (which happens to evergreen titles like that with me), you'll regret it. Not worth it for the short term gain.

Mordor though, get rid of that before it's $20 everywhere.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone else has been looking for a Duraflex for the NEW 3DSXL, but I finally found one at my local EB. Now if they could just stock the screen protectors...

Get rid of Mordor, but hang on to MK8. Mario Kart will have very little depreciation in value, so if the time comes where you do regret selling it (which happens to evergreen titles like that with me), you'll regret it. Not worth it for the short term gain.

Mordor though, get rid of that before it's $20 everywhere.

Thanks for the tip. I may do just that.

EB Games has in store and online preorders up for the Metal Gear Solid V Collectors Edition.

Just got back from preordering in store.

$124.99
$10 minimum deposit.

Rbk_3

Wow FS gave me $25 trade in for Madden that is free with EA Access.
Also got $35 for NHL which retails for 49.99. It will be free on Ea access before too long I would imagine.

I honestly expected $30 for the both of them at best.
This is why I just don't see myself ever going fully digital.

He can try, but I don't see how he'll get out of having to return the item, at which point he'll never see it again. Will they just take his word that the box was dented? Will they accept pictures? If the box isn't completely wrecked (which it sounds like it isn't), will they even give a fuck?

I mean go for it, you can try.

Amazon CS is better than FS/BB. People have gotten $15 Order CE's from them. I got a replacement of an item by just saying it was damaged on delivery (had to send it back but they took my word for it).

With FS/BB they'll quote their return policy and do squat.

Not sure if anyone else has been looking for a Duraflex for the NEW 3DSXL, but I finally found one at my local EB. Now if they could just stock the screen protectors...

The screen size is the same as the 3DS XL. Why not get a screen protector for that (unless they don't carry them anymore)?

Harusame

EB Games has in store and online preorders up for the Metal Gear Solid V Collectors Edition.

Just got back from preordering in store.

$124.99
$10 minimum deposit.
I'm interested in pre-ordering this, however I have never really played much of the Metal Gear series.

I did, however, pre-order a number of games earlier today such as Miku Hatsune: Project Mirai DX, Xenobalde Chronicles 3D, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Rodea the Sky Soldier & SMT: Devil Survivor 2

Top Bottom