• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

I'm interested in pre-ordering this, however I have never really played much of the Metal Gear series.

I did, however, pre-order a number of games earlier today such as Miku Hatsune: Project Mirai DX, Xenobalde Chronicles 3D, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Rodea the Sky Soldier & SMT: Devil Survivor 2

today?

man, you missed out on 10% (hey, it's still some money saved) off preorders at FS. Preordered Project Mirai DX, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker there. was a recent promotion. Maybe BB will do it soon and you can save too.

Mrmartel

Banned
Fantastic price on refurbished copies of Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and NSMBU+LuigiU right here. $40 plus tax. Shipping included.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat550211

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for a Wii U for awhile and was about to take the dive last week. So glad I held off!

This is one of the best deals (for Canadians) I've yet seen for a Wii U.

So I bought the Wii U with Super Mario Land $225.00
Mario Kart 8 $33.00
New Super Mario Bros Wii U $33.00

Shipping is only $7. Nintendo store also only charges GST. Which is great because PST is 8% in Manitoba.

All in all it came to $312.00

If I would went ahead and bought everything at full price it would've cost me $480.00.

I saved $168 bucks!! Plus I bought Zombie U for $22 and Wind Waker for $44.00 (both include taxes) from Amazon.

In the last two weeks I've gotten a solid library and a good overall experience for the Wii U at $378.00 Canadian! Unbelievable, especially for this part of the country.

kennah

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for a Wii U for awhile and was about to take the dive last week. So glad I held off!

This is one of the best deals (for Canadians) I've yet seen for a Wii U.

So I bought the Wii U with Super Mario Land $225.00
Mario Kart 8 $33.00
New Super Mario Bros Wii U $33.00

Shipping is only $7. Nintendo store also only charges GST. Which is great because PST is 8% in Manitoba.

All in all it came to $312.00

If I would went ahead and bought everything at full price it would've cost me $480.00.

I saved $168 bucks!! Plus I bought Zombie U for $22 and Wind Waker for $44.00 (both include taxes) from Amazon.

In the last two weeks I've gotten a solid library and a good overall experience for the Wii U at $378.00 Canadian! Unbelievable, especially for this part of the country.

Baaahh. Hope it is still valid when tax return comes in.

Harusame

today?

man, you missed out on 10% (hey, it's still some money saved) off preorders at FS. Preordered Project Mirai DX, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker there. was a recent promotion. Maybe BB will do it soon and you can save too.

Yeah, if that happens, I'll reconsider.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Does anyone know how placing an order at EB that includes an item in stock and something yet to be released (preorder) works? Do they ship available items first, or only once all items are in stock? How do shipping costs work in this scenario?

Sora_N

Does anyone know how placing an order at EB that includes an item in stock and something yet to be released (preorder) works? Do they ship available items first, or only once all items are in stock? How do shipping costs work in this scenario?

Available items are shipped first.

This happened with my Amiibos which were released at different times.

Don't think they charge again, I paid with a gift card though and wasn't asked for extra payment if that helps.

jred2k

Does anyone have some advice on HD antennas? I've finally moved to an area where cord cutting makes sense, but I'd luke to get an antenna so I don't have to stream everything. I've got basically no knowledge of antennas so and input would be appreciated.

Why shouldn't I buy a Borderlands Vita? Because I already have a Vita. But it's only $140! But I already have a Vita.

You already have a regular Vita, but you want to get a slim? Have...have you seen the screen on your Vita? Don't go lcd unless it's your last option!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Hold on, hold on. Trix went somewhere? Why?
I'm behind on my cereal lore, is count chocula still being made? Please say yes.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This is a sad day for us friends :(
What the heck is up with our cereal.

New Deal

Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch underscore Dogs, and Ryze are all $20 at Shoppers starting tomorrow (all consoles). They also have 18,500 points for a $75 purchase this weekend.

You can also price-match since it's in the flyer.

Also has anyone been able to contact Best Buy? Been using their "Contact Us" form for the past month or so and realized that they never respond. Going to have to call.
Does anyone have a link to this flyer? Can't find it. :(

Omlagus

Does anyone have some advice on HD antennas? I've finally moved to an area where cord cutting makes sense, but I'd luke to get an antenna so I don't have to stream everything. I've got basically no knowledge of antennas so and input would be appreciated.

I've used an antenna since cutting the cord three or so years ago. Pick up I think around 20 channels.

Go to tvfool.com and you can enter your address to get some idea on what you will pick up.

Basically point it toward the CN Tower and height is your friend.

StevieP

Banned
I've used an antenna since cutting the cord three or so years ago. Pick up I think around 20 channels.

Go to tvfool.com and you can enter your address to get some idea on what you will pick up.

Basically point it toward the CN Tower and height is your friend.

Lol best me to it. Cn tower is flooded with signal so point it there

curb

Banned

Are you in a more rural or urban area?

Got a nice helping of CC fraud today, allmost a $1000 spent at some Australian travel agency. Bank took care of the problem but I'm going to have to call to update every single one of my e3 orders now, guess I should be happy that's the worst of it!

Meh. I had $2300 charged at allaboutshoes.

N° 2048

Worst I had was some German dude got into my Paypal and bought FTP software (of all things to buy), he also wiped my email. I managed to get the email back. Still have no idea how they got my info. (has Paypal ever had a leak?)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Worst I had was some German dude got into my Paypal and bought FTP software (of all things to buy), he also wiped my email. I managed to get the email back. Still have no idea how they got my info. (has Paypal ever had a leak?)
I've had someone do that to my Paypal account too. At least they resolved it fairly easily, although I can't remember if they gave me money back into my bank account or if I had to just let it sit in my Paypal balance.

So Target's 30%... they had a single Fire Emblem, so I didn't want to take the chance waiting for more discounts. I gotta find a target with PS4 MGS:GZ in stock. >_>

Sealtest

Can anyone recommend a good hdmi splitter that strips HDCP so I can stream on my vita tv? Hopefully under $30 and ship/sold within Canada.

New Deal

Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Watch underscore Dogs, and Ryze are all $20 at Shoppers starting tomorrow (all consoles). They also have 18,500 points for a $75 purchase this weekend.
For anyone who hasn't played it, I actually think Watch_Dogs is an underrated game.

I liked it more than GTA 5, don't kill me.

RustCohle

Neo Member
Anyone have any idea of the frequency that Black Ops II goes on sale on the marketplaces (specifically Xbox Games on Demand)? Couldn't find a history for its digital prices on deal sites. I realize COD games go on sale basically never, but I seem to remember a sale in the past year that had the game and the DLC packs.

Top Bottom