• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

N° 2048

Interesting. Because I've avoided it because so many people seemed incredibly unimpressed by it.

Exactly what I try not to do. I've played so many games that people think are bad or have gotten low review scores and had tons of fun.

Watch_Dogs was one of the best games I played last year. Loved it and still want to go back and %100 it.

mdubs

Banned
Interesting. Because I've avoided it because so many people seemed incredibly unimpressed by it.

Personally I enjoyed it at the time but it was a little bit forgettable truthfully. I think back more fondly on my time with Sleeping Dogs which is pretty similar in a lot of ways but with a better story and less hacking.

Exactly what I try not to do. I've played so many games that people think are bad or have gotten low review scores and had tons of fun.

Watch_Dogs was one of the best games I played last year. Loved it and still want to go back and %100 it.

Gah! Am I taking another trip back to shoppers?

SickBoy

I think it's a game you can have fun with, but I think the story is pretty weak, and I can't remember controlling a character I disliked more than Aiden Pearce.

(EDIT: So are people finding these game in stock? Against my better judgment* I'm thinking of grabbing Black Flag)

*Not because "OMG Assassin's Creed is lame," but because I think I have two AC games in my sizable backlog.

jholmes

Does anyone have some advice on HD antennas? I've finally moved to an area where cord cutting makes sense, but I'd luke to get an antenna so I don't have to stream everything. I've got basically no knowledge of antennas so and input would be appreciated.

You've got a lot of good advice (tvfool especially) but all I'd really add is that you shouldn't pay too much for an antenna as the tech is really basic. Depending on where you live you may need one that you can plug in to amplify. tvfool can give you an idea of that.

The big difference isn't what antenna you have so much as where you put it.

target has 30% off tvs as part of their clearance sales. obviously ymmv but i grabbed a sony kdl50w790b brand new in box from the one closest to my house the other day. lowest latency tv in 2014 so its great for gaming

Anyone have any idea of the frequency that Black Ops II goes on sale on the marketplaces (specifically Xbox Games on Demand)? Couldn't find a history for its digital prices on deal sites. I realize COD games go on sale basically never, but I seem to remember a sale in the past year that had the game and the DLC packs.

used at ebgames or kijiji/craigslist is probably your best bet

*Not because "OMG Assassin's Creed is lame," but because I think I have two AC games in my sizable backlog.

I had every AC game up until Black Flag. Haven't played even one of them. Still bought Black Flag.

There needs to be a TV show on TLC or something dealing with Video Game Backlogs. Kinda like a video gamers version of Hoarding.

BadWolf

target has 30% there tvs as part of their clearance sales. obviously ymmv but i grabbed a sony kdl50w790b brand new in box from the one closest to my house the other day. lowest latency tv in 2014 so its great for gaming

How much did it cost total?

Is there an option for delivery or do you have to take it yourself?

Personally I enjoyed it at the time but it was a little bit forgettable truthfully. I think back more fondly on my time with Sleeping Dogs which is pretty similar in a lot of ways but with a better story and less hacking.

For me, the driving was more fun in Watch_ than Sleeping. The actual combat was better in Sleeping but I enjoyed the cat and mouse multiplayer in Watch_. The hacking was boring, but some of those videos on the servers were entertaining.

Does anyone remember the price of Type-0 at Best Buy during the E3 promotion? It was like $49.99, right? I'm having trouble bringing up my order status online.

Seik

Banned
New Deal

Sonic Classic Collection for DS is $9.99 at BB

If you have any iteration of DS you should buy this for ten bucks. Solid collection, great deal.

Also, BB is offering 25% off your order if you purchase two or more clearance games.

Thanks, I went to best buy and they still had 1 copy of Sonic Collection, grabbed it and the guy at the counter fucked up and applied a too big discount percentage and it ended up costing me $2.85. :lol

Then I went back to get ZoEHD Collection on PS3 that ended up the same price and I made sure to see the same guy. This pretty much made my day. :p

Target has new stock of toys?

I got some Lego minifigures and a Marvel Legends figure lol.

Mine got a bunch of boxes of the recent series of Lego minifigures in. Managed to find the lone Simpsons one on the shelf.

Also got a Marvel Legends (only the old Spiderman, sadly no Captain America or Avengers).

Sora_N

Mine got a bunch of boxes of the recent series of Lego minifigures in. Managed to find the lone Simpsons one on the shelf.

Also got a Marvel Legends (only the old Spiderman, sadly no Captain America or Avengers).

They had the Avengers Thor Wave. I managed to find ONE Captain Marvel lol.

Two Hawkeye, 2 Machineman, 1 Iron Fist. MM looks cool but the other two are eh.

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Prima Zelda Guide box set is on sale for $50 on indigo online.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-box/9780804161381-item.html

EDIT: I should add this is for plum members only (I believe it's a free membership).

Another EDIT: As zroid points out below I may be wrong about the members only for $50. When I first added it to my cart it came up over $100, but it may have just been a glitch.

I think it is limited, it's just not snapped up by resellers because it's super heavy and expensive to ship.

I'm tempted to get one but it's pretty big and bulky.

Ventara

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Prima Zelda Guide box set is on sale for $50 on indigo online.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-box/9780804161381-item.html

EDIT: I should add this is for plum members only (I believe it's a free membership).

Another EDIT: As zroid points out below I may be wrong about the members only for $50. When I first added it to my cart it came up over $100, but it may have just been a glitch.

Damn, that's a great price if you like guides. I bought this for $75 and thought it was a steal. I'm actually kinda surprised there's still stock of it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm tempted to buy it, but I know I mustn't buy it. Because then I'll end up buying the Majora's Mask guide and then I'll be overflowing in guides. Maybe it's just the
Amiibo
withdrawal talking.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm tempted to buy it, but I know I mustn't buy it. Because then I'll end up buying the Majora's Mask guide and then I'll be overflowing in guides. Maybe it's just the
Amiibo
withdrawal talking.
But you'd still be missing the ALBW collector's guide and that thing is expensive.

I remember knocking this off my pre-order list and cancelling it with a gut feeling it would not be a true collector's item and be really cheap after.

Glad I did.

Ondore

I swear to Arceus if I find out one of you dropped $22,000+tax on the top of the line Apple watch I'm moving in with you.

I swear to Arceus if any of you have bought an authentic pair of Sutor mantellassi shoes, I hereby want to move in with you.

I will not take no for an answer.

Is GMG the cheapest place to get Cities Skylines? After the conversion it comes around to $27. Thinking about MAYBE getting it tomorrow and then scrounging up money to pay for my FF Type 0 CE next week

Maximus.

Holy shit, thanks for this, ordered!

DJ_Lae

I remember knocking this off my pre-order list and cancelling it with a gut feeling it would not be a true collector's item and be really cheap after.

Glad I did.

Same. I even got in on the cheaper preorder price of $95 or so. Ended up canceling that, then buying the set earlier this year for about $60. Guess I could have waited a little longer, but it's a really nice set either way.

JazzmanZ

yowza, cheapest yet, biding my time has worked!

Jashobeam

thanks grabbed it, was too good of a deal to pass up even though I really shouldn't have lol.

Top Bottom