• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Daigr

Not sure if anyone is interested but the Prima Zelda Guide box set is on sale for $50 on indigo online.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-box/9780804161381-item.html

EDIT: I should add this is for plum members only (I believe it's a free membership).

Another EDIT: As zroid points out below I may be wrong about the members only for $50. When I first added it to my cart it came up over $100, but it may have just been a glitch.
Thanks for posting this. Hard to pass up at that price.

You can do a ship to store and pick it up, if you are near one of course.

None in my city, unfortunately.

I got a 32GB ADATA card for $13 on Black Friday. It depends on the brand's reputation and the speed, but yes prices will always go down over time.

Looks like the cheapest the Zelda guides have been:

http://ca.lightningdrops.com/product/0804161380

I read on Redflag that Walmart often puts them on sale for $13. I don't know if that is true or not. But I don't really care for the read speed, because I believe the 3DS has a max read speed and most cards will achieve that speed.

I ordered the Zelda set. At less than $10 a guide, it is a great deal. It will go lower if places still have stock, but that has to be pretty low by now.

NEW DEAL...sorta

n3DS XL charging cradle from NoA store is $9 + $7shipping. After taxes to Ontario it comes to $18.08 CAD.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560458

Bah. I ordered this on Amazon.ca from a third-party, and I'm shitting my pants thinking about brokerage and customs fees. I'm only at this place for another month, so I might even miss the freaking invoice if there is even one. Also Amazon.ca reassured me that they would take care of any custom fees.

I'm just really scared since I got $30 brokerage fees from DHL for $20 cards. >_>

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bah. I ordered this on Amazon.ca from a third-party, and I'm shitting my pants thinking about brokerage and customs fees. I'm only at this place for another month, so I might even miss the freaking invoice if there is even one. Also Amazon.ca reassured me that they would take care of any custom fees.

I'm just really scared since I got $30 brokerage fees from DHL for $20 cards. >_>
If you didn't select any kind of express shipping, at the very most you'll just get hit by Canada Post...

Firestorm

Speaking of Apple, everything in the Canadian store just rose 10-15% or so due to the shitty dollar. I was able to grab an iPhone 6 off Craigslist just now (which I felt pretty nervous about but the guy was cool about it and agreed to stick with me as I got the hell off Rogers and activated it in the Wind Store). $100 more for iPhones and $100+ more on the refreshed MacBook Pros it seems. At least the MBPs have a new processor, new track pad, and better battery life in 'em?

Apple TV got a $20 price drop ($30 price drop in the US).

BTW this is a pretty sweet plan on Wind if you go to the US frequently: http://www.windmobile.ca/phone-plan-39

No longer need to switch to my T Mobile SIM every time I go down and pay $3 a day.

Sealtest

how easy can the 3ds tip in this thing? I keep mine at the edge of my bed side table and i'd be afraid of knocking it over.

krae_man

Speaking of Apple, everything in the Canadian store just rose 10-15% or so due to the shitty dollar. I was able to grab an iPhone 6 off Craigslist just now (which I felt pretty nervous about but the guy was cool about it and agreed to stick with me as I got the hell off Rogers and activated it in the Wind Store). $100 more for iPhones and $100+ more on the refreshed MacBook Pros it seems. At least the MBPs have a new processor, new track pad, and better battery life in 'em?

BTW this is a pretty sweet plan on Wind if you go to the US frequently: http://www.windmobile.ca/phone-plan-39

No longer need to switch to my T Mobile SIM every time I go down and pay $3 a day.

That Wind plan would be great if it had a non shitty windtab. You'd need to be in the US in 4 different billing cycles a year to make it worth it as opposed to the normal $40 plan.

Uh, guys?
YWaFHto.png

LifeLike

Haha 839$ for an iphone 6 16gb without taxes...
This is madness. I bought the Z3 compact at launch and don't regret it. It's still 599$ on the sonystore. Anyways apple product are overpriced this is getting out of hand.
965$ for an iphone 6 16gb what a fucking joke.

For those who missed out on Mortal Kombat X Kollectors PS4 on Amazon.ca or don't do Amazon

I just noticed it went up at bestbuy.ca: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...tion-playstation-4-883929460342/10362427.aspx

Still trying to decide if I even want to keep the one I have on order. I thought these would fly off the shelves, but it's been a slow trickle at best. Amazon sold out quick enough, but ebgames had the PS4 version for the longest time. I really wish I knew how limited it was. There's no info on how many were actually made.

Dazzler

I need a new power cable for my MBP as my old one is fraying badly and the plastic seems to be molting off of it

Priced it on the Apple site there, $99 for the cable

lol

LOL - well, I pre-ordered the MGS V Collectors Edition on amazon.ca despite the fact that I have the vanilla version pre-ordered from last year's E3 sale. Maybe I'll come to my senses before September but I couldn't resist tapping that "1 click pre-order" button. :D

Sometimes I wonder if Apple is playing with fire by pricing everything so high ($450 for a low-end Apple Watch when it'll be outdated in a year) but it hasn't hurt them yet.

Sometimes I wonder if Apple is playing with fire by pricing everything so high ($450 for a low-end Apple Watch when it'll be outdated in a year) but it hasn't hurt them yet.

Honestly, $350 doesn't sound that bad but with the CND being around $449 it kind of killed the excitement for me.

I managed to get in on an Early Bird Pebble Time that will come out to around $210 CND shipped. I think I will try that out to see if I will use a smart watch enough to warrant a larger purchase next year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's never an issue when your consumer base and the tastemakers for the rest of society are people who feel the need to and will spent hundreds to replace products that work perfectly fine with every new iteration.

It's never an issue when your consumer base and the tastemakers for the rest of society are people who feel the need to and will spent hundreds to replace products that work perfectly fine with every new iteration.

There has to be a saturation point though. Even the most loyal Apple fans won't buy a new MacBook, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch every year. And if they can't get new consumers on board their sales will stagnant. The Watch is nearly (completely) useless without an iPhone as well.

iOS constantly updates and renders older products nearly obsolete by hampering their performance to the point where users are basically forced to upgrade.

NEW DEAL

Wal-Mart next week:
XB1 Unity bundle with $50 GC $369
$10 GC with Hardline or FF Type 0
Lego Batman 3, Unity, Rogue, Mordor, Watch Dogs, Just Dance 2015 $29.96 each

What do you guys think. I need a bluray player. Should I get a ps3, standalone, or bluray drive for my computer.

Well you can get a Blu-ray player for under $50 bucks now or a Blu-ray drive for your computer if you like watching stuff on your computer chair. If you're not going to use any of the other multimedia features of a PS3 (or, y'know, play games on it) just go that way.

Well think of it this way, they literally need to sell 1/3 of a product to get the same amount of revenue that selling 3 for $150 would be (and your costs would be lower selling 1 device as opposed to 3). And Apple people like their Apple stuff so they pay that money for it.

NEW DEAL

Wal-Mart next week:
XB1 Unity bundle with $50 GC $369
$10 GC with Hardline or FF Type 0
Lego Batman 3, Unity, Rogue, Mordor, Watch Dogs, Just Dance 2015 $29.96 each

But...Watch Dogs is only $20 right now at Shoppers. The BF/BD sales this past holiday season had better deals for Lego BM 3, and Mordor. And Unity is well...Unity.

Sidenote. I finally hooked up my PS4's camera a couple of weeks ago (had it since BD) and had a heck of a fun time with my two younger boys playing in Playroom. My daughter also had her 15th b-day at the end of Feb. So I picked up Just Dance 2014 for her and her friends to play. They all had a blast. I'd consider 15 actually.

Guess I'll ask again, but anyone here gotten their Sm4SH CD shipping notice? I'm seeing loads of friends online mention they've got theirs but mines still hasn't shipped.

Top Bottom