• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Guess I'll ask again, but anyone here gotten their Sm4SH CD shipping notice? I'm seeing loads of friends online mention they've got theirs but mines still hasn't shipped.

Nope nothing here! And I even emailed them a while back to check if my order for it went through and is in the system (they said yes) ....

Eoyote

Neo Member
The smash soundtrack hasn't shipped for anyone in Canada. This is pretty standard affair when it comes to Club Nintendo. The US always receives their offers before us (platinum/club orders).

tsundoku

Is shoppers a much bigger thing in other areas/provinces? I live in Durham Region Ontario and every shoppers I check has very few games or systems and never has stuff i've seen mentioned.

big_z

on bestbuy or futureshops webpage can anyone log into their account during the checkout process? can you log into your account at all?

I was trying to order a new 3dsxl this morning and I think they were testing a new site layout(had advanced shipping info) and now I get an error with my account. I can still check my order history, just not buy anything else or edit my account info.

Is shoppers a much bigger thing in other areas/provinces? I live in Durham Region Ontario and every shoppers I check has very few games or systems and never has stuff i've seen mentioned.

most shoppers have very little gaming stuff. many have gotten rid of games and electronics altogether. some people have an addiction to collection shoppers points so it seems like a bigger thing than it is, especially on RFD but its not a great store in general, prices are high.

Qwyjibo

When Shoppers had the Boxing Day Wii U deal ($249.99 for the 3D World combo + coupon for 20x points) I had to go to four different stores here in London, Ontario before I found one with it. They only had one of them too. They won't have much but when you can find something you want and get all those glorious optimum points, it's pretty damn good.

the3ye

Guess I'll ask again, but anyone here gotten their Sm4SH CD shipping notice? I'm seeing loads of friends online mention they've got theirs but mines still hasn't shipped.

Nintendo said:
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I would first like to apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this unusually busy time of year.

In regard to your email, I can certainly understand your concerns about Super Smash Bros. Soundtrack CD. I checked your account and verified that there are no issues with your part order. Orders will begin shipping in March, 2015 . All orders should be shipped out by the end of March, and will arrive within 4-11 days from when they are shipped.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Richard Woolslayer
Got it one week after sending question about it.

Returners

A little off topic but can we buy stuff off Xbox Live Marketplace with the browser anymore? I keep getting redirected to en-US when I want to make a purchase.

I've recently decided that I want a Vita, mainly to catch up on some classic PSX and PSP rpgs that I missed out on, but also for some exclusives like P4G. The problem is, I don't really know where to get one at a good to decent price. I scoured the Targets here in Winnipeg but it seems to me that their clearance models are all sold out. I browse kijiji a few times a week, but I would prefer a new slim model rather than a used, beat up OLED model which seems to be the only one anyone has up for sale. I'd probably settle for either model as long as the condition was good and the price was right though.

Basically what I'm asking is if there's anywhere I could get a discounted Vita that I'm maybe not thinking of? I'll probably check Shoppers and maybe the Source or something when I have some free time, but I'm thinking I'm out of luck.

So on the Ukraininian store, Grand Theft Auto PS4 is up on there for $54.99 CAD

I shouldn't have any problems buying a game on there right, as every game is region free?

Marakh101

Neo Member
Do you guys think those MGS V collector editions will be limited? I wanna get one but don't have enough money to shed $140 on a pre-order right now.

on bestbuy or futureshops webpage can anyone log into their account during the checkout process? can you log into your account at all?

I was trying to order a new 3dsxl this morning and I think they were testing a new site layout(had advanced shipping info) and now I get an error with my account. I can still check my order history, just not buy anything else or edit my account info.

FS/BB's website is trash. I ordered something on Boxing Day and wanted to access the order information but kept getting 404's. Sent numerous emails through their Contact Us form and got nothing.

Called them a couple days ago to cancel another order and mentioned the bug and they said they'd look into it.

Ventara

I've recently decided that I want a Vita, mainly to catch up on some classic PSX and PSP rpgs that I missed out on, but also for some exclusives like P4G. The problem is, I don't really know where to get one at a good to decent price. I scoured the Targets here in Winnipeg but it seems to me that their clearance models are all sold out. I browse kijiji a few times a week, but I would prefer a new slim model rather than a used, beat up OLED model which seems to be the only one anyone has up for sale. I'd probably settle for either model as long as the condition was good and the price was right though.

Basically what I'm asking is if there's anywhere I could get a discounted Vita that I'm maybe not thinking of? I'll probably check Shoppers and maybe the Source or something when I have some free time, but I'm thinking I'm out of luck.

Have you checked the B/S/T thread? You might get lucky there.

kennah

Have you checked the B/S/T thread? You might get lucky there.

Lol, this was posted as you posted

WTS PS VITA SLIM PCH-2001

The Vita is in Excellent condition. No major scratches. Only very minor and imo negligible scuffs from fingers. I hardly used the thing, and the most use it got was from my girlfriend playing Spelunky on it for a few weeks. Other than that this baby is flawless.

I bought a 64GB memory card for it which was $100
Also bought the Nyko PowerGrip which doubles the battery and helps people like me with huge hands handle the thing. Made playing KZ Mercenaries a much better experience for me.

Asking $250 shipped for everything.

I am in NorCal.

And here is what it looks like to hold it with the Nyko Grip.

kennah

That's a pretty decent deal. Might seem expensive, but a 64GB is a must and that grip definitely comes in handy. Pretty much makes the Vita $150.

US$ though, so +25%

Randomly Nameless - if you're interested in the deal, I have some friends coming up from the states to Winnipeg in a few weeks.

Wow thanks, I didn't think I'd get so much help! While that deal is nice, I don't think I'll be needing the 64GB card or the grip, plus the exchange rate is kind of brutal. I'll definitely keep my eye on the B/S/T thread from now on though.

Omlagus

Wow thanks, I didn't think I'd get so much help! While that deal is nice, I don't think I'll be needing the 64GB card or the grip, plus the exchange rate is kind of brutal. I'll definitely keep my eye on the B/S/T thread from now on though.

If you haven't had a Vita before, you will be needing the 64 GB card. It may sound like overkill, but once you start using it and getting stuff (or if you've been grabbing Vita titles all along if you have Plus) you will quickly see the need for it.

I think for this to include it right off the bat is great. Saves you having to pick one up later. Which, again, you will want to.

Still wishing I had the money to upgrade my 16 GB ;_;

16GB will be fine, should be able to store 4-5 games, then probably once in awhile you will need to delete or backup games to PC to make some room for new games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It sort of depends. If you are playing Uncharted or Killzone digitally, that 16 gig card is going to be toast. Then again, at this point, it's really the only way to play those games now unless you can find a used cart for cheap somewhere.

On another note, even though EB has raised prices already, I was pleased to see Atelier is "only" 60 bucks on Futureshop. I totally forgot to preorder it, but at least they seem to be still taking orders.

ohlawd

It sort of depends. If you are playing Uncharted or Killzone digitally, that 16 gig card is going to be toast. Then again, at this point, it's really the only way to play those games now unless you can find a used cart for cheap somewhere.

On another note, even though EB has raised prices already, I was pleased to see Atelier is "only" 60 bucks on Futureshop. I totally forgot to preorder it, but at least they seem to be still taking orders.
oh lol now the date on ebgames is the 12th now. this shit came out on the 10th but ebgames had it for the 11th. I went earlier and they told me they'll call since they didn't get their delivery yet. this was about 3 hours ago. did the date really change in that three hour period? wat

Just sent you a PM.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
oh lol now the date on ebgames is the 12th now. this shit came out on the 10th but ebgames had it for the 11th. I went earlier and they told me they'll call since they didn't get their delivery yet. this was about 3 hours ago. did the date really change in that three hour period? wat
EB always gets their games late... but since it's 5 bucks cheaper at FS, why not get it from them? lol

Ryne

Trying to find another 980 to add to my rig, however watching the prices for the EVGA version raise from 620~ to 699 in the span of about a month and a half is highly discouraging. I should just wait for the 1080 or something, however I probably won't.

Anyone here had any experience buying a second hand video card on Kijiji? I wonder how would I ensure that the card works before purchasing as I wouldn't have much of a recourse if it didn't

Trying to find another 980 to add to my rig, however watching the prices for the EVGA version raise from 620~ to 699 in the span of about a month and a half is highly discouraging. I should just wait for the 1080 or something, however I probably won't.

Anyone here had any experience buying a second hand video card on Kijiji? I wonder how would I ensure that the card works before purchasing as I wouldn't have much of a recourse if it didn't

Only but if the seller is willing to come to your place while you test it, run a couple of benchmarks.

You might want to meet them somewhere else first to make sure they don't look like they are going to murder you.

Anyways thats what you should do, myself, I have just bought them and hope for the best, I've never bought a gpu as expensive as a 980.

dream

Trying to cancel my Codename Steam preorder from Best Buy but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Am I just stupid?

Trying to cancel my Codename Steam preorder from Best Buy but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Am I just stupid?

Did you order JUST Codename Steam or is it part of a larger order like in a big E3 pre-order deal?

If you ordered Codename Steam by itself and you can't cancel it, it might be processing. Check if they charged you or not. Worst case scenario you'll just have to return it. Still might be worth giving them a call.

i'd be willing to sell mine for retail :)

this just made me check my order....didnt EB have the Majora's pin on the site for preorders of S.T.E.A.M? it's not on the site anymore

Pretty sure it's in-store only so it shouldn't matter too much.

Their site's a mess, stuff changes and disappears on it all the time.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Finally got my hands on the newer version of Hori's screen protector for the NEW 3DSXL. I've bought and installed about 4 of the previous iteration. Was completely satisfied. Until now. Damn thing came nicked and scuffed out of the box. I can't believe I waited a month to open my system only to have this happen in the end. Shocked, really. I've always liked Hori's products, but this really soured me against them.

Screen protector's are such a ripoff as is. Not going to blow another $10 just to have the same quality control issue. If these damn systems didn't innately scratch themselves, I wouldn't even care. Remember a time before screen protector's? I shouldn't be caring about what the damn screen looks like, but rather, what's being displayed on it. Sigh...

Top Bottom