• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Qwyjibo

I felt like a chump pre-ordering Devil Survivor 2 at $54.99 so this makes me feel a tiny bit better about my purchase. I assume this game will eventually be heavily discounted in digital form but I'd really like a physical copy.

Mr. F

Banned
Doing a big spring cleaning since I'm moving, and have a bunch of 360 games I'd like to get rid of. Anyone have any luck selling on Ebay or Kijiji or am I better off just donating them/trading them in for 0.50 cents credit and save the hassle?

Well I broke down and picked up Watch Dogs for the PS4 from Shoppers for $20. Figured I would wait until the very last minute of the sale and if it was still there, I'd pick it up. Twenty dollars is usually my magic price point. When a game hits that, there's no point in waiting for it to get cheaper.

Is there currently an option for watching HBO shows as they air?

Well...I've watched some shows within a half hour of them finishing. Yeah sure I have to avoid the net for a whole hour or so so that things don't get spoiled. But I'd sooner do that then pay $70+ a month to big telecom. Why the hell should I pay for a channel that airs Honey Boo Boo (seriously...wtf).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In case you people missed it...

NEW DEAL

Wayforward 25th Anniversary sale (I included the Canadian prices)

PSN (3/10-3/17, North America):
– Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) – FREE for PS+

iOS (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Full Version (iOS) – FREE
– Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down! (iOS) – 50% off $2.39 $1.19 CAD

Steam (3/12/-3/19, Worldwide):
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut (Steam) – 75% off $10.99 $2.64

Nintendo 3DS eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) – 75% off $5.99 $1.49
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS) – 75% off $7.00 $1.49
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS) – 25% off $22.39 $16.79

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):
– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off $9.99 $2.49
– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off $7.00 $1.49
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off $22.39 $16.79

Are you sure you want to admit this on GAF?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is the game any good? I remember thinking about picking it up when it came out.
Any good? It is totally good! One of the best stealth games from last gen which was criminally underlooked. Story mode is tense, coop is fun, and Spies vs Mercs was addictive (doubt there'll be a lot of people playing by now)

+ Its made by Ubisoft Toronto so we have to support the local talent.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Should I get Mighty Switch 1 or 2 for WiiU?

Might get Shantae on Steam..console too expensive.
I haven't played MSF2 yet because I was being cheap and used the Canadian markup as an excuse not to buy it (and let WF know that was the reason) but the first game is very good. MSF2 is exactly the same visually on the Wii U and 3DS while the first game got a graphical upgrade on the Wii U compared to the 3DS version.

In case you don't know: The console game is Shantae 3 which came out in October on the 3DS and Christmas day on the Wii U while the Steam game is Shantae 2 which first came out on the DSi in 2010 and just came out on Steam last Summer.

IceIpor

I think the Coverdale target has a 2ds in stock. It comes with yoshi's new island.
I know this is a gaming deals thread, but I just wanted to mention that there are a lot of good items that are pretty cheap left that are unmarked/priced because we don't have enough time to do it all.

For example, a 31" tower fan is just $15. I think there was 2 left after 3pm today. A smaller desk-sized black version is available for $12? But the white ones, which are now sold out, were actually $5.
Memory foam for the bed that is unscented, a full/double size one is $30. I unashamedly took it, since it was sitting there for months now.
We have some memory foam pillows that are $20, I think... Some down alternative ones are $15.
Garden hose nozzle sprays were like 50-70 cents each. They were put out Wednesday (we had tons) and are sold out now.

So yeah... The liquidation sale isn't a total bust for the lucky ones~.

They're not really trying to win or make lots of profit, they're trying to increase the demand and bids for content so Netflix has to pay more and raise subscription costs as a result.

New-ish Deal

Splinter Cell Blacklist PS3/360 is $4.99 at EB again. PM for less. Tempted to get it for co-op.
Oh they don't have the Wii U version available

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played MSF2 yet because I was being cheap and used the Canadian markup as an excuse not to buy it (and let WF know that was the reason) but the first game is very good. MSF2 is exactly the same visually on the Wii U and 3DS while the first game got a graphical upgrade on the Wii U compared to the 3DS version.

In case you don't know: The console game is Shantae 3 which came out in October on the 3DS and Christmas day on the Wii U while the Steam game is Shantae 2 which first came out on the DSi in 2010 and just came out on Steam last Summer.

Playing MSF2 on the 3DS for the first time and it's just as good as the first, plus it gets harder earlier on. Definitely recommended if you enjoyed the first, hell at $1.50, they're both recommended for anyone.

Roto13

Mighty Switch Force is the only WayForward game that I ever really liked, so I went ahead and bought the sequel. Went for 3DS.

Are you sure you want to admit this on GAF?

Admit that I watched something? Not exactly confessing illegal doings. I've also gone over to the houses of friends and family to watch cable, cable I myself am not paying for. Would that be illegal? I get what your saying though. And can see how someone might want to take it in a context that would imply something other then what it was.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If my friend has a platinum edge card from EB Games, can I borrow it from him and get a discount on used games or do I have to show my ID?

Roto13

What's a good price for a 32GB Micro SD card? I bought one today for $25 (SanDisk Ultra Plus) at Future Shop. But I've never paid much attention to Micro SD card prices. :p

Canon

Banned
What's a good price for a 32GB Micro SD card? I bought one today for $25 (SanDisk Ultra Plus) at Future Shop. But I've never paid much attention to Micro SD card prices. :p

$20 on Amazon for Samsung 32 GB, free shipping. It's orange. You have to look for the username who offers free shipping.

oneran

Ya, it's a pretty good retail price. You can get a 64gb Ultra Plus at costco for like $40 but unless you want to go with an off brand or a slower speed card your probably not going to do much better.

What is the best website to get Xbox One controller sticks to replace my PS4 ones? My warranty just expired, and I also didn't know where my email receipt was, so I never contacted Sony.

Well I broke down and picked up Watch Dogs for the PS4 from Shoppers for $20. Figured I would wait until the very last minute of the sale and if it was still there, I'd pick it up. Twenty dollars is usually my magic price point. When a game hits that, there's no point in waiting for it to get cheaper.

And now I realize they sold me the PS3 version. Ugh. Back to shoppers tomorrow.

joshaube

Neo Member
Wii U owners: I managed to find a sealed copy of The Wonderful 101 at Target during their clearance. It's been pretty hard to find in-stores, so you might want to keep your eye out.

Renewed

Wii U owners: I managed to find a sealed copy of Wonderful 101 at Target during their clearance. It's been pretty hard to find in-stores, so you might want to keep your eye out.

That reminds me: It seems W101 is OOS on Chapters. I got it from there earlier in the year so I guess that was the last of their stock they weren't going to replenish.

SickBoy

That's good about Rogers and Shomi. I like Netflix but I'd like some options. As for Amazon, I wonder what would be left content-wise after Bell and Rogers moved into the space.

Yeah, it became pretty clear Canada's not really on the radar when they signed a content deal with Rogers to stream their original content here :\

Wii U owners: I managed to find a sealed copy of The Wonderful 101 at Target during their clearance. It's been pretty hard to find in-stores, so you might want to keep your eye out.

That reminds me: It seems W101 is OOS on Chapters. I got it from there earlier in the year so I guess that was the last of their stock they weren't going to replenish.

I've seen one copy at Superstore but it's $60.

A general rule of thumb I use for microSD pricing is 2GB per dollar. At 64GB though speed is pretty important so it might be worth paying more.

mdubs

Banned
Yeah either one is probably fine, especially consider they are both over 99% positive with like 50k reviews. Plus the amount of money you're spending is so low, I wouldn't think twice about it

Roto13

$20 on Amazon for Samsung 32 GB, free shipping. It's orange. You have to look for the username who offers free shipping.

Yes, I know about Amazon, thanks. That card was $22.60 and I figured it wasn't worth saving an extra couple of bucks, especially since I'd have to spend at least the difference (probably more) to qualify for free shipping anyway.

Ya, it's a pretty good retail price. You can get a 64gb Ultra Plus at costco for like $40 but unless you want to go with an off brand or a slower speed card your probably not going to do much better.

Yeah, I don't really need 64 GB for what I'm going to use this one for, anyway. (Basically just filling it with digital comics.)

Yeah either one is probably fine, especially consider they are both over 99% positive with like 50k reviews. Plus the amount of money you're spending is so low, I wouldn't think twice about it

Alright, thanks. I ordered one of them. The quality of the rubber cannot be any worse than my current analog sticks, that is for sure xD

kasane

I have been hearing all these good things about gamers club but is it the same here in canada? Might as well join

I also cant find that fucking real tone cable for rocksmith

Top Bottom