• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sealtest

Yeah, they get discounts. We get 2X points for gift certs.

Though, they have to pay for theirs, we don't.

I'd be more then willing to trade our program and pay yearly for 20% off games everyday. Would mean I dont limit myself to games outside of E3 preorders.

NEW DEAL-ish

Best Buy''s doing an after hours sale tonight, 10% off "select preorders" and 30% off headsets.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/online-only-sale.aspx

Hmm... I want to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Fossil Frontiers, but my mind tells me not to. I didn't realize Fossil Fighters was a budget release, so $31.50 before taxes isn't that bad. But, it will also probably drop pretty quickly... maybe. And paying $40.50 + tax for Xenoblade is weird because I had the chance to buy the Wii version when it came out for $50.

It is funny how they have One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 up for pre-order. No way that gets a retail release in North America.

Sajjaja

got myself Project Mirai and Etrian Mystery Dungeon
too bad Lord Of Magna is not part of the sale, and I'm still considering if I should get Operation Abyss or not, hmm...

jitterbug

Neo Member
I was hoping to get Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition for 10% off but doesn't seem to be part of the sale on the xbox one side and the ps4 version is sold out (that was quick). Seems like all of the new editions to the site are not 10% off. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for the PS4 is though. Not sure if anyone considers a re-make of a re-make a good deal at $53.99.

Sajjaja

There's $50. but whether you pay with a credit card or an eShop card is just a matter of preference.

I'm not saying I'm discounted for using a CC, just that I don't need to plop $30 for prepaid vs paying $25 by purchasing directly. Get it? Just less out of pocket.

i-Jest

Sigh... Guess this will be the best I'll get for Record Breaker huh? Should I pre-order?

Do Atlus games eventually decrease in value? Will there be more sales down the line with deeper discounts that will involve this game? Can you wait that long to even play this game?

zroid

Banned
Do Atlus games eventually decrease in value? Will there be more sales down the line with deeper discounts that will involve this game? Can you wait that long to even play this game?

every atlus game is like perennially 50% off on the eshop after a few months

every atlus game is like perennially 50% off on the eshop after a few months

Was gonna say, if you're not dead-set on physical, Atlus games all seem to have their first sale a few months after release, and then they're on sale every other week it seems. I'm holding off on Etrian Mystery Dungeon because I already have a giant Etrian Odyssey backlog and it makes zero sense for me to add to it at full price with a spinoff of all things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, if you don't care about physical and don't need to play day 1, you might as well wait for the inevitable sale. Although they seem to discount more often on PSN than they do on Nintendo Network.

Stage On

3DS games are expensive now.

$50 for a handheld game is absolute bananas and that's before stuff like the Atlus tax or just tax in general.

$30 was the real sweat spot for handheld games for me, I really enjoyed that price point last gen on several ds titles, and even this gen during e3 sales.

I only make minimum wage and don't get a lot of hours so all this is doing is forcing me to be even more selective about which games I buy then I was already, that and waiting longer for them to get down in price since they don't bottom out quite as fast.

It hurts being someone who prefers physical first when possible. I'm willing to comprise if I have to and go digital sometimes but only when something is either very hard to find or it's significantly cheaper to get it digitally which doesn't happen with nearly enough.

This entire situation just makes me want to cry.

Ryne

What is the best video on demand service for Canadians? Netflix? Shomi?

I'm looking for something because I'd love to catch up on a lot of recent movies that I had a passing interest in but missed for some reason.

Dunlop

What is the best video on demand service for Canadians? Netflix? Shomi?

I'm looking for something because I'd love to catch up on a lot of recent movies that I had a passing interest in but missed for some reason.

Probably Netflix, Shomi is only available if you are a Rogers customer atm

zroid

Banned
I dont know if any of you are Starbucks rewards members, but today they are doing BOGO breakfast sandwiches, and there's also an ongoing 3 bonus stars for purchasing any breakfast sandwich offer (not sure if it's for all members though), which ends tomorrow. So you get 7 stars total for the transaction. Good deal.

Battlefield Hardline Deluxe is $80? wtf?

Damn, which is tanking harder, the Canadian dollar or the Leafs?

Well Leafs have always been tanking. I can't even remember the last high point.

With the dollar it was more like we enjoyed a few good years of what was basically parity with the USD and now suddenly price increases everywhere.

Also Origin charges tax. Thanks EA. GMG isn't really an option either. Also can't get away with the Mexican Origin VPN thing because they use USD on there. Hopefully Hardline drops to $30-40 in the next few months.

EDIT: Oh, GMG has BF Hardline on their VIP thing for $49.99. That brings it to around 63-65 CAD on PC. Somehow cheaper than if it was still going for $59.99 at retail plus tax I guess.

Zing

Banned
does anyone know if EB will take my copy of Codename S.T.E.A.M if i don't return the MM pin as well?
Why not call and ask them?

That said, there are dozens of posts on Kijiji from people reselling their sealed copy they bought simply for the pin.

Sajjaja

does anyone know if EB will take my copy of Codename S.T.E.A.M if i don't return the MM pin as well?

Was it a preorder pin? I think you'll be fine because when I preordered MGR for the artbook from them, I managed to return the game itself no problems and kept the artbook.

Top Bottom