• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

UberTag

Our Canadian dollar is such shit that I wouldn't be surprised 3DS games to increase at 49.99$ too.
As egregious as it may seem to some people to see certain games priced at $74.99, I suspect the real reason why we haven't seen sweeping price adjustments is that the next true retail leap will be $79.99 games.

That day is closer than we realize.
$59.99 US is presently equal to $76.64 CDN.

khaaan

Well at the very least it seems that Square Enix shipped everything early enough that they can ship out games as early as Monday morning. I'm super jealous of the guys who got Type 0 today.

Mine says that it's available to pick up at the post office but the guy at the counter said he couldn't find my name =(

I don't know if it's worth going back and asking him to check again or just wait till tomorrow morning.

Edit: I'm weak, and the answer was the same ;_;
Man, I really needed a win after the way work went today. I can hold onto the hope that I was accidentally mailed the collectors edition which is why it didn't go into my mailbox like it normally does.

jholmes

I support this claim. Pizza Pizza is the lowest tier of pizza you can get.

Pizza Pizza is always the last resort. ALWAYS. Would never choose Pizza Pizza over literally any other place.

Now this is where I'd disagree. Everyone I know is annoyed that the Blue Jays lost Pizza Pizza and now it's just Pizza Nova in the ballpark.

-Deimos

I support this claim. Pizza Pizza is the lowest tier of pizza you can get.

Pizza Pizza is always the last resort. ALWAYS. Would never choose Pizza Pizza over literally any other place.

Pizza Pizza might not be gourmet stuff, but there are plenty of shittier pizza places. Pizza Nova, for example. Domino's is worse that Pizza Pizza too, but I'll put anything that's 50% off in my mouth.

iphys

Bonus redemption at Shoppers this weekend: 50K=$100, 95K=$200. Still no sign of the n3DS in the flyer -- fingers crossed that it magically shows up.

ohlawd

is it bad I can't tell pizza apart

Pizza Hut
Domino's
Panago
Boston Pizza
Fresh Slice
cornerstore pizza; 1.5 a slice

tastes the same to me tbh

khaaan

I tend to get pan pizza's from Pizza Hut and only Pizza Hut so mentally I feel like it's pretty unique. I like Pizza Pizza though at the very least I put it above Dominos and Ginos.

Edit:
never heard

Metro, like the grocery store formerly known as Dominion - Metro. (I'm assuming)

jholmes

Panago is really good for the price, we love it and go there a lot. Those Cinnamon Sticks are so good

Panago is one of the fast food chains I fell in love with out west that seriously need to up their locations in Ontario as there's rarely one around.

The other is Wok Box and they're just fucked in Ontario, unfortunately.

N° 2048

Panago is one of the fast food chains I fell in love with out west that seriously need to up their locations in Ontario as there's rarely one around.

Guess I am lucky to have one 15 min away!

The Liberty Village location is great, only once my girlfriend had to ask for a little bit more cheese (replacing default cheese with feta is so damn good).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yup. This one. They make great pizza. Sometimes I go on Wednesday to get it cheaper. It's always made fresh. Taste great too. No one else does this? I've only gone to the Metro in Toronto at Bloor and Spadina but I think other locations make it too.

Every Metro I've been to has pizza from their Fresh to Go section. It's usually great, but can vary store to store. Definitely one of the better take out pizzas you can get.

I now have some sort of expectation of Panago. I also just found out there's one near me in Midtown Toronto. Guess I'll go sometime this week.

Every Metro I've been to has pizza from their Fresh to Go section. It's usually great, but can vary store to store. Definitely one of the better take out pizzas you can get.

At some point in my life I worked part time at Metro. I had morning 10AM to 2PM shifts and the pizza would be on sale for $2.50 + a free drink starting at 11AM. For $2.50 it's pretty fucking good.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yup. This one. They make great pizza. Sometimes I go on Wednesday to get it cheaper. It's always made fresh. Taste great too. No one else does this? I've only gone to the Metro in Toronto at Bloor and Spadina but I think other locations make it too.

Yep! The pizza at metro is great.

What is up with you people? Or maybe my local Metro is shit. The pizza there is the worst I have ever had. The dough is acceptable, but the pepperonis suck and the "sauce" isn't sauce. On ever pizza I have had from Metro, the "sauce" is literally just big chunks of tomato. Pizza Pizza puts chunks of tomato in their sauce, but Metro has HUGE chunks and that is the whole sauce.

Domino's is the best chain, but my family restaurant has my favourite :p

Jashobeam

Bloodborne is back in stock (preorder) at shop.ca

Take advantage of the $20 facebook coupons and you can get the game for $59.09 after taxes, best deal at the moment.

I've received many games from shop.ca right on release day, so they are very dependable (in Ontario btw).

Take advantage of the $20 facebook coupons and you can get the game for $59.09 after taxes, best deal at the moment.

I've received many games from shop.ca right on release day, so they are very dependable (in Ontario btw).

They usually are. Still waiting on my Type 0 order to budge tonight. It's stuck on Supplier Processing.

Anth0ny

I love me some Metro Pizza. Pizza Pizza is great too. And Pizza Hut. Gimme all dat cheese.

My last resorts are Pizzaville and Pizza Nova. Gross.

GOAT pizza is Topper's Pizza. But the closest one to me is in Wasaga, so it's a rare treat.

What do you mean by that?

I stopped at Wok Box a few times on my way home from a course, and took my mom there once. The food I had tasted pretty good, but there wasn't enough of it for the price, so I stopped going.

Pizza Nova has great chicken wings, as does a local mom and pop place, so I go there. My friend and I'll just get wings, though he eats pizza whereas I don't.

Jashobeam

They usually are. Still waiting on my Type 0 order to budge tonight. It's stuck on Supplier Processing.

yea its odd, it always show that the day before release yet it still arrives on time. Happened to me with The Order 1886, I don't think their shipping status updates are very accurate lol.

khaaan

I'll have to try Metro Pizza sometime, a co-worker recently recommended it to me too.

How do I get the $20 FB coupon?

yea its odd, it always show that the day before release yet it still arrives on time. Happened to me with The Order 1886, I don't think their shipping status updates are very accurate lol.

Yeah, looking at my previous orders I probably won't receive the email until 12:30 am.

The one problem has been UPS. For some reason they tend not to bother trying to deliver my shop.ca orders while they are pretty good about making attempts for my Amazon.ca ones.

I guess they see the Amazon box and take it more seriously.

I thought preview vids/trailers for Type-O looked pretty shitty, but seeing the 8.5 review makes me curious. I don't have 85 hours for it, though, else I'd borrow it from the library.

jholmes

What do you mean by that?

Wok Box opened three locations in the GTA and two of them have closed after a year. One was in Mississauga in some stupid plaza near Heartland and was abysmally managed, open only on weekdays. One was in Oakville, in another plaza and this one not really near anything. The third is in Oshawa, as if that even counts as GTA.

I adore the food but they're putting franchises in stupid places and they go belly-up pretty much immediately.

I thought preview vids/trailers for Type-O looked pretty shitty, but seeing the 8.5 review makes me curious. I don't have 85 hours for it, though, else I'd borrow it from the library.

Playing through the story once is apparently only about 20-25 hours.

That's not too bad.

Jashobeam

I'll have to try Metro Pizza sometime, a co-worker recently recommended it to me too.

How do I get the $20 FB coupon?

Go to shop.ca facebook page and click the More tab, and click one of the #PlayHappy links, all you need to do is 'like' their page, enter your email at the bottom and click the get promo button. The page should update and display the promo code that use can use at the checkout page at shop.ca

Vamphuntr

That's not too bad.

If it's like the PSP version it will be infuriating since you will see all the side missions requiring ridiculously high levels you won't be able to reach without going insane. Hopefully they changed that in the PS4/Xone version.

Thinking about melting cheese on top of a pile of garbage and selling it nationwide in an effort to compete with Pizza Pizza.

Compete? Geez, you are trying run them out of business! The "cheese" at Pizza Pizza is terrible, especially if you get any toppings. They use a different cheese if you don't get a just cheese pizza, and it is so bad.

They call themselves something like Ontario's #1 Pizza, but no one has ever said that. If anyone has, they need to get a new tongue.

Wok Box opened three locations in the GTA and two of them have closed after a year. One was in Mississauga in some stupid plaza near Heartland and was abysmally managed, open only on weekdays. One was in Oakville, in another plaza and this one not really near anything. The third is in Oshawa, as if that even counts as GTA.

I adore the food but they're putting franchises in stupid places and they go belly-up pretty much immediately.

The Oshawa one is the one I went to, because it was close to where I took the course. It was never overly busy, though, and I don't know if it's still open. If a restaurant doesn't have a good price versus portions ratio is unlikely I'll stick around.

The ginger beef was pretty good, though.

Only being open on weekends is stupid for a restaurant.

That's not too bad.

Oh, okay. I thought I saw 85 hours on HLTB.

Jashobeam

Just received an email that my FFType-0 HD:CE was just shipped from amazon.ca, so pumped to finally play FFXV, I thought this day would never come.

khaaan

Go to shop.ca facebook page and click the More tab, and click one of the #PlayHappy links, all you need to do is 'like' their page, enter your email at the bottom and click the get promo button. The page should update and display the promo code that use can use at the checkout page at shop.ca

Thanks!

AIZbKvy.png

/NotSoStealthBrag

Had $10 store credit from a while ago. Hope the game is worth blowing both those discounts.

Oh, okay. I thought I saw 85 hours on HLTB.

I want to say that if you're looking to get 100% completion and the secret ending then you need three playthroughs. At least that's what I remember hearing.

antibolo

Banned
Pizza Pizza is my favorite franchise chain pizza, mostly due to all the choices available for toppings. They have weird shit like broccoli and tuna which are surprisingly good.

Top Bottom