• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Stage On

Reposting this, now that pizza talk is hopefully over.

Anyone know if there's a better price-wise deal (no add-on bundles or GCs) than Futureshop's current $449.99 TLOU PS4 bundle?

Hoping to price match since I have a $100 GC for FS that I'm going to try and use to purchase a PS4 before the end of the month.

I wish... It'd be nice if they had a march break or easter deal but it doesn't seem likely :( If anything Sony is going to raise the price again to $500 and screw us over even more

Type 0 Collector's Edition still hasn't shipped from Amazon, tried to talk to a rep and he just insisted they did not have it in stock yet and even though I pay for Prime that my estimate for next week is indeed correct. God damn, I hate Amazon

Chilikar

Type 0 Collector's Edition still hasn't shipped from Amazon, tried to talk to a rep and he just insisted they did not have it in stock yet and even though I pay for Prime that my estimate for next week is indeed correct. God damn, I hate Amazon

Try talking to another representative, it turns out that the shipping for Prime does not necessarily guarantee a release date release. I know they have some in stock because mines was shipped recently, so try talking to them again.

Maximus.

What? Amazon is awesome, you should know from this thread alone however, that they suck at shipping things for day one release.

timnich

Reposting this, now that pizza talk is hopefully over.

Anyone know if there's a better price-wise deal (no add-on bundles or GCs) than Futureshop's current $449.99 TLOU PS4 bundle?

Hoping to price match since I have a $100 GC for FS that I'm going to try and use to purchase a PS4 before the end of the month.
Like I said, there is going to be a sale for $50 off the bundle next week. Can't really show you proof, but it's worth waiting to save $50.

My FF Type 0 is out for delivery from shop.ca. I didn't even get confirmation of the shipment until this morning.

Now will UPS actually try to deliver it.

jitterbug

Neo Member
Anybody get their Final Fantasy Type 0 HD Collector's Edition from bestbuy or futureshop? They decided to ship these in a bubble mailer. Damn it looks like a grizzly bear sat on it. Not sure what to do with this now.

suikodan

Argh... BladeStorm comes out today and my Shop.ca order status is "supplier processing". Does it take long usually before they ship? I know we get rebates on games via them but hopefully it won't take forever for the game to arrive?

Argh... BladeStorm comes out today and my Shop.ca order status is "supplier processing". Does it take long usually before they ship? I know we get rebates on games via them but hopefully it won't take forever for the game to arrive?

As someone who works in video game distribution, we didn't get any copies in despite ordering them so... *shrugs* don't know what's happening with that game.

Sylwest

Anybody get their Final Fantasy Type 0 HD Collector's Edition from bestbuy or futureshop? They decided to ship these in a bubble mailer. Damn it looks like a grizzly bear sat on it. Not sure what to do with this now.

Yes, I received mine yesterday and it was sent in a large bubble mailer as well. It's a bit crushed in the back, like someone had stepped on it. I'm wondering if I should return it...

soultron

Banned
Like I said, there is going to be a sale for $50 off the bundle next week. Can't really show you proof, but it's worth waiting to save $50.

I appreciate you saying that, but having proof is important to me, personally. Especially with the dollar as low as it is right now. People joke about the price going up to $500, and, honestly, it sounds like it's not so farfetched now.

jitterbug

Neo Member
Yes, I received mine yesterday and it was sent in a large bubble mailer as well. It's a bit crushed in the back, like someone had stepped on it. I'm wondering if I should return it...

I am debating the same thing. Can't exchange these and if things are damaged (which it looks like they are) there is no point in owning it.

khaaan

I appreciate you saying that, but having proof is important to me, personally. Especially with the dollar as low as it is right now. People joke about the price going up to $500, and, honestly, it sounds like it's not so farfetched now.

If you're hesitant about waiting for a deal then the $450 TLoU Bundle + 1 Game is realistically the only option currently available.

Someone recommended me a way to do taxes online free in the old Canadian gaming deals thread, anyone have any idea what it was called.... I'm drawing a blank...

mdubs

Banned
Don't know why you're getting so stressed out about this. Buy the console, don't open it and wait and see if it does go down at the end of the month. Then price match when it does or return if it doesn't. Pretty easy solution

Tempted but don't know Visions as a site.

Never heard of this company/site, They good at sending stuff out?

Also have no idea if a retron 5 is even good but I need a genesis and this seems like a good way to clear some clutter.

Visions should be fine, they're a well established electronics retailer in the west. Dunno about their online policies but I personally wouldn't be worried. (Your mileage may vary.)

RaidenXZ

Gonna throw this out here since the B/S/T isn't working out.
If anyone is looking to get rid or sell their FFXV Demo Code for PS4, I'll take it off your hands. Just PM if interested for negotiations lol

Seik

Banned
Just bought FF Type-0 for absolutely no deal and ended up 80 fucking dollars.

Salty reminder on why I only buy new during E3...oh well, an exception is an exception.

What have I done?
That demo better be crazy good.

MesH

NEW DEAL
$10 Gift Card with the purchase of Final Fantasy Type-0 or Battlefield at Walmart.

Flyer just shows Xbox One, but it is for PS4 as well.

I was going to get groceries anyways, so bought Final Fantasy first, then used my gift card when I checked out with my food.

And now I realize they sold me the PS3 version. Ugh. Back to Shoppers tomorrow.

So I went back the next day to exchange the PS3 version of Watchdogs for the PS4 version. Only they didn't have the PS4 version. Oh well...just saved myself $22.60.

But then the week started. Futureshop, BB, and Amazon all have WD for $20. Walmart has a sale on it also but it's $30. BUT...no worries. I'll just get them to price match it. Since my son works at Walmart we get 10% discount on anything purchased so in the end, it'd come out cheaper then Shoppers.

So I place my order and get the associates price. $30.46 after taxes. Call to get the price match. Get $11.39 refunded back to my card. Game ships today. Total paid after taxes is $17.59!!! . Yep. I don't know what they did, or what kind of math they used. But this came in a lot cheaper then it should have.

Edit...

Ok...it's bothering me so I have to figure it out.

Walmart regular price $29.96.
Associate discount 10% - $3.00
Taxes + $3.50

Total = $30.46

Price Match Should have been $11.27 (after taxes). They credited $11.39 (first error) back to my card. So the least I should have paid would have been $19.07

So the starting point then when they shipped the game should have been $19.99 for the game, 10% discount ($2), and then taxes ($2.34) on top for a total of $20.33. But NOPE!

They start the subtotal at $18.57 (second error), apply the original associate discount of 10% on $30.00 ($3, third error) and then apply the taxes.

Part of me is thinking 'I should call and clear this up'. But then I'm worried to only confuse matters worse, and get more money back on the game (this has happened to me once before for a movie that got lost in the mail this past Christmas).

BadHand

Oh god, $59.99 for type-0 on psn... no tax too right?

anyone played the ffxv demo yet? I heard estimates that it was 3-5 hours of gameplay, any truth to that?

EDIT: Just tried to buy it and it says "you're not eligible to purhase"

fucking hell. Reloaded the page and its $69.99.

Just saved myself $60 at least.

Oh god, $59.99 for type-0 on psn... no tax too right?

anyone played the ffxv demo yet? I heard estimates that it was 3-5 hours of gameplay, any truth to that?

EDIT: Just tried to buy it and it says "you're not eligible to purhase"

fucking hell. Reloaded the page and its $69.99.

Just saved myself $60 at least.

They corrected the price?

Damn. Glad I got in when I did.

Top Bottom