• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

chrono01

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Disgaea 5 is no longer $75 on EBGames.ca

As you can see in the "You may also like" section, Omega Quintet is the same price.

We're fucked.
FWZApGE.gif

UberTag

Lol @ that price
It's especially amusing given that Omega Quintet is complete ass.

Incidentally, I think EB Games should just anticipate the dollar continuing to tank and price all of their games at $89.99.
It'll be fun to break triple digits (factoring in tax) on standard edition games again. Will make us notalgic for the good 'ole days.

Roto13

It's especially amusing given that Omega Quintet is complete ass.

Incidentally, I think EB Games should just anticipate the dollar continuing to tank and price all of their games at $89.99.
It'll be fun to break triple digits (factoring in tax) on standard edition games again. Will make us notalgic for the good 'ole days.

And just like the good ol' days, I'll only get two new games a year.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
All part of nintendo's plan.

Ya it sucks because I want bloodborne and just got a birthday gift card but it's still so expensive and I definitely could wait... but then I wouldn't be playing it with my friend.

Nintendo so smart.

No seriously, at these prices nope. I make a good salary, I can afford it but hell nah am I paying 90$ (QC tax) for a video game title.

Will wait for price drops, Amazon pricing errors, play my backlog, and await my E3 pre-orders of 2013.

mdubs

Banned
I know that our dollar is shitty right now, but do they honestly expect people to buy games at that price?

Was talking to a Best Buy rep today while I was making a return and he says the main group of people (parents, casual gamers) are still buying the $69.99 games the same as before.

80 bucks per game not including tax.

we're approaching australia-level of ridiculous pricing.

people will be stuck playing the ps plus games at this point.

Luigi87

$79.99 games...
I live in Ontario where it's 13% HST...
So that brings it to $90.39 for a single, standard edition, game.

Yep... Not happening with me. I'll find other hobbies.

terrible

Banned
Already noted, but the great doom of our time is here

4e9ae833d8.jpg

You know Canada-gaf we really are the Last of Us

I was bailing at $69.99. If $74.99 was a joke this is my nightmare.

I don't want to go PC-only but if this crap continues I might just have to. Console games aren't even dropping in price as much or as quickly as they used to too. Outside of the occasional sale games from the fall release window are still going for $60-70 for the most part.

zroid

Banned
Noticed that Best Buy changed the layout of its order status pages. Long shot but I wonder if changing the payment info and/or adding gift cards actually works (consistently) now?

You could just wait a few months and grab it for 19.99

I mean, that'S what I paid for 3, 4, D2, 4 Vita

I paid $20 for 4, $10 for 3 used, and $40 for 3 on Vita. The only reason I paid full price of 3 on Vita was because it was right after launch of the Vita. I highly doubt Disgaea 5 will go to $20, or even $30 in a few months after launch. The majority of PS4 games have taken a while to drop in price. Currently, I am waiting for Xenoverse to drop, but I feel I will be waiting until November.

I hope we really do get 40% off at the very least because, with these prices being as they are, 30% off really won`t entice me atm.

I highly doubt we will get 40% off. If we even get the deal again this year, 25% is my best. Prices were up last year, and yet the deal was lowered from 33% to 30%.

thisbeard

Don't know why you're getting so stressed out about this. Buy the console, don't open it and wait and see if it does go down at the end of the month. Then price match when it does or return if it doesn't. Pretty easy solution

I was just going to suggest this. I'm in more or less the same boat: looking to get a PS4 by March 24 so I can play my Bloodborne CE day 1. I've never price matched though but I thought this was possible even with the box and console used. I really wish the 4 games they offered for free were different because I'm really not interested in either of 'em. But free is free, I suppose and I'll most likely gift it to a friend or something.

UberTag

Was talking to a Best Buy rep today while I was making a return and he says the main group of people (parents, casual gamers) are still buying the $69.99 games the same as before.
As usual, the uninformed buyer is ruining things for the rest of us.
Not unlike the uninformed voter.

Fellow Can GAF members, it's been an honour playing Vidya with you. May you all survive the coming storms

Mostly joking, but sheesh, makes me happy I've kind of slowed down on purchases.

Harusame

With console games now going for $80, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 might be the last few games that I will actually buy for the PS4.

Not only that, the games for the handhelds are getting quite pricier as well:
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) - $49.99
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS) - $44.99
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (3DS) - $64.99
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS) - $54.99
    Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - $49.99

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dollar is now shiiiiiiit. I don't think I'm even going to preorder during E3 anymore. After the discount, you'll be paying 60 bucks a game... which is just stupid.

i-Jest

I highly doubt we will get 40% off. If we even get the deal again this year, 25% is my best. Prices were up last year, and yet the deal was lowered from 33% to 30%.

Are we even going to have E3 deals this year? With prices being so high retailers can't expect preorders to be at high volumes. Preordering at a discount is great but if the discount isn't deep enough the incentive just isn't there.

mdubs

Banned
I was just going to suggest this. I'm in more or less the same boat: looking to get a PS4 by March 24 so I can play my Bloodborne CE day 1. I've never price matched though but I thought this was possible even with the box and console used. I really wish the 4 games they offered for free were different because I'm really not interested in either of 'em. But free is free, I suppose and I'll most likely gift it to a friend or something.

It is, if you're fine with potentially keeping it if the price doesn't go down. I was just saying to keep it sealed in case he wanted the option of returning since he doesn't seem to urgently want to play it. But yeah opening it will let you pricematch just fine within the 30 days.

Are we even going to have E3 deals this year? With prices being so high retailers can't expect preorders to be at high volumes. Preordering at a discount is great but if the discount isn't deep enough the incentive just isn't there.

No E3 deals would actually be the end of gaming in Canada for real.

Well, I'm out. I'll stick to my backlog for the rest of the year. I used to buy a dozen brand new games a year, but no way in hell and I paying $80 before tax for games now.

Top Bottom