• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

joecanada

Hey all was just browsing a future shop flyer and on the back page of the March 20-26 flyer there's

PS4 + TLOU + PSTV for 449.98

not bad.
I want PSTV but i only want to pay about 50 - no luck yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey all was just browsing a future shop flyer and on the back page of the March 20-26 flyer there's

not bad.
It was 50 back when they were clearing them out last year though, wasn't it? Or close to it IIRC.

CKB3375

not bad.

Anything else of interest in the FS flyer this week? Waiting for a price cut/sale on GTAV current gen.

jred2k

I miss the days some 2 years ago when I got a brand new PS3 Slim for 120$ at Future Shop, traded in a Resident Evil 6 for 40$ (bought it at 25$ at Microplay on the way to FutureShop). Used Tsilon codes to get games for real cheap. Traded in two year old games for 40$ gift cards. 2012 was great on the deals.

2009 and 2010 were great, too. When games like Arkham Asylum and Just Cause 2 were coming out for $40 brand new at Wal-Mart.

FrsDvl

I wonder what the Rock Band 4 prices are going to be in Canada.. Especially for the band set. I'm scared to even think about it.

Renewed

I ordered Mario Party 10 from Shop.ca. Should it not have shipped by now?

Dunno if my experience will be similar to yours, but I'll mention it: I preordered Kirby and the Rainbow Curse from shop.ca on January 30th. Received shipping confirmation on release day at 8:20AM EST. Received it at 6:30PM-ish.

Says it shipped from Concord which is a 12 minute drive from me....

really random question to throw here, but I can't find the active PS+ thread:

Does anyone know the name of the browser plugin (or greasemonkey script, can't remember) that allows you to search your Playstation Store downloads, and organize them?

because it seems pretty useful to have.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
really random question to throw here, but I can't find the active PS+ thread:

Does anyone know the name of the browser plugin (or greasemonkey script, can't remember) that allows you to search your Playstation Store downloads, and organize them?

because it seems pretty useful to have.

You log into your account on the store and paste this into the address bar:
javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);

You may have to type out the "javascript:" part because some browsers remove it when you try to copy it into the address bar to avoid you doing something stupid like run a virus or something. lol

joecanada

Anything else of interest in the FS flyer this week? Waiting for a price cut/sale on GTAV current gen.

Sorry didn't have time to see, literally caught my eye walking by lunchroom lol. Check online though.

I never did see pstv for as little as 50 in any Canada retailers but maybe I missed out... Tried for that amazon deal but it came up 1 Loonie off lol

fooish101

You Bastards, I just bought a wii u, couldn't resist getting 3d land, Mario cart, and smash for 330 after tax. Will be interesting to see if they cancel the order or not considering they are giving me both games for free.

UberTag

You Bastards, I just bought a wii u, couldn't resist getting 3d land, Mario cart, and smash for 330 after tax. Will be interesting to see if they cancel the order or not considering they are giving me both games for free.
I'm in the same boat as you. Had to pounce at that price.
Will spring on a refurb combo pack of New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U from nintendo.com for $33 if it goes through.

You log into your account on the store and paste this into the address bar:
javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);

You may have to type out the "javascript:" part because some browsers remove it when you try to copy it into the address bar to avoid you doing something stupid like run a virus or something. lol

Thanks!

Endy MacK

Not sure where would be better to ask, so I'm asking my fellow Canadians! I have $10 Google play credit that I want to apply to the Hearthstone: Blackrock Spire adventure. Annoyingly, it seems that we cannot make a Google play purchase using two payment methods (I.e. play credit + credit card for the remainder)! To make it worse, in Canada we can't simply add to our play credit using a credit card! We can only buy pre paid cards and apply that way. So, this leads to my ultimate question: will there be tax on the 24.99? I'm just trying to determine if applying a $15 card will be sufficient.

Thanks! :)

Guys, I'm stuck in a situation that's bugging me, and it's making me consider my options. However, I don't really want to do anything wrong.

I recently got a new One, to replace a defective set (controller kept disconnecting and the fan made a clicking noise as if it was winding up and down and tapping a piece of plastic or something along the way).

The new controller stopped working randomly, and wouldn't until I did a hard reset. Then, it's also started disconnecting occasionally. I know that if I go through support, they'll send me a used, beat up and dirty refurbished one, so I'd rather try to get it exchanged. However, since I was done a favour with the exchange, the new set isn't under warranty.

I bought a new controller which should arrive soon, and I'm thinking about putting the defective one in its box and returning it to the store/seeing if I can get a new one. It's only a month old, so it's in perfect shape. I don't like the idea of committing return fraud, but I doubt they'd check the serial number and Microsoft would reimburse them.

Blackhead

Redarse
Not sure where would be better to ask, so I'm asking my fellow Canadians! I have $10 Google play credit that I want to apply to the Hearthstone: Blackcock Spire adventure. Annoyingly, it seems that we cannot make a Google play purchase using two payment methods (I.e. play credit + credit card for the remainder)! To make it worse, in Canada we can't simply add to our play credit using a credit card! We can only buy pre paid cards and apply that way. So, this leads to my ultimate question: will there be tax on the 24.99? I'm just trying to determine if applying a $15 card will be sufficient.

Thanks! :)

There's no tax when using play credit iirc because it's assumed you already paid tax when buying a prepaid card

antibolo

Banned
Woah woah woah

I just discovered that amazon.ca no longer incorrectly charges sales tax on PSN prepaid cards. That means it's now useful for padding up orders to get free shipping.

Best Buy charged me for Bloodborne. Hopefully they ship tonight.

I ordered Mario Party 10 from Shop.ca. Should it not have shipped by now?

Shop.ca usually sends me notices in the morning after the product has shipped. I received a Type 0 email in the morning on Tuesday and it was delivered the same day.

UberTag

Guys, don't tempt me with the notion that we'll be getting Bloodborne early.

FYI, Walmart billed me for the Wii U / MK8 / Smash deal immediately but has yet to ship anything.
Hoping that order moves quick before they catch their error.

big_z

Best Buy charged me for Bloodborne. Hopefully they ship tonight

I hope they ship today or it won't arrive until a day after at the earliest.

Oddly my bestbuy order status says "We strive to deliver this item on/after the release date."
None of my other E3 orders say or have ever said that. I hope that's not their way of easing into a back order.

Luigi87

A person posted a pic of the final truck from the Target I used to work at (this was prior to unloading).

11069631_10155509711210727_7309191520710266386_n.jpg

End o' days.

simpleton

This is even better now.

Add both games to your cart with the console and get both free!

http://i.imgur.com/ISGwFWp.png

I just ordered this as well. Order appeared to go through fine with confirmation email.

So hopefully this gets shipped.

So you get deluxe set with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land.for regular price of $299.99.

Then get Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 FREE!

Best deal I've seen so far on the Wii U, except maybe the $150 clearance Wii Us ebgames had up for like a day or two a month or so ago.

Ondore

FS's preorder deal of the day is Xenoblade 3D $5 off.

I'll probably hold off since I want it digitally, but if there's something good Easter weekend like last year I can be swayed.

A person posted a pic of the final truck from the Target I used to work at (this was prior to unloading).

End o' days.

our last truck was roughly that size, they told us it probably be only 1 truck next week! :D

the store's still a fucking mess so i guess we know what we'll be doing on non-truck days..sigh

jholmes

Is the copy of Nintendoland in the Wii U bundle a download code? If so there are a few people on the boards desperate to buy one if you wanted to sell it off or go for a physical copy.

Luigi87

FS's preorder deal of the day is Xenoblade 3D $5 off.

I'll probably hold off since I want it digitally, but if there's something good Easter weekend like last year I can be swayed.

Thanks for this. Cancelled my previous order and re-pre-ordered.

So I'm one of those folks that pre-ordered xenoblade chronicles X from FS during e3 so long ago that its still showing up as X Wii U on the reminder email.

Is it alright to leave it at that and assume they'll ship the game at launch? Or should I contact their customer support? Im starting to get a little worried about the preorder and whether they'll ship it to me.

Also I can't even access the order history from that far back. It keeps giving me errors on their website whenever I try to look it up. Anyone else have that issue?

Best Buy charged me for Bloodborne. Hopefully they ship tonight.

Shop.ca usually sends me notices in the morning after the product has shipped. I received a Type 0 email in the morning on Tuesday and it was delivered the same day.

Yeah I got an email this morning. I'm in Vancouver though, so it looks like release day shipping is out of the question.

joecanada

End o' days.

ya couple of weeks ago I saw a sign on highway saying "store fixtures for sale" so I figured that was pretty much the end....

.......What a gongshow, terrible store. no value for customers (I mean in relation to USA target). (buy 2 get 1 games were cool though)

sorry if you lost your job due to closure....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Target Canada had 25% off eShop cards by accident, a few other good sales (free
Amiibo
with Captain Toad), so I can't say my experience was awful. But their launch was horrendous.

Top Bottom