• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Guys, I'm stuck in a situation that's bugging me, and it's making me consider my options. However, I don't really want to do anything wrong.

I recently got a new One, to replace a defective set (controller kept disconnecting and the fan made a clicking noise as if it was winding up and down and tapping a piece of plastic or something along the way).

The new controller stopped working randomly, and wouldn't until I did a hard reset. Then, it's also started disconnecting occasionally. I know that if I go through support, they'll send me a used, beat up and dirty refurbished one, so I'd rather try to get it exchanged. However, since I was done a favour with the exchange, the new set isn't under warranty.

I bought a new controller which should arrive soon, and I'm thinking about putting the defective one in its box and returning it to the store/seeing if I can get a new one. It's only a month old, so it's in perfect shape. I don't like the idea of committing return fraud, but I doubt they'd check the serial number and Microsoft would reimburse them.

Exchange defective controller with original receipt if it's within 30 days. Otherwise, call support for a replacement. If it's dirty, clean it.

Don't commit return fraud.

Well, I did notice that you had made a thread on it =P
Honestly I'm not sure what I would do in that situation cause I know I would feel bad returning a different controller but it's your call.

Exchange defective controller with original receipt if it's within 30 days. Otherwise, call support for a replacement. If it's dirty, clean it.

Don't commit return fraud.

Yeah, it'd bug my conscience so I don't really want to. I just can't keep the dirty one, because it's so worn/gross.

iLLmAtlc

Guys, I'm stuck in a situation that's bugging me, and it's making me consider my options. However, I don't really want to do anything wrong.

I recently got a new One, to replace a defective set (controller kept disconnecting and the fan made a clicking noise as if it was winding up and down and tapping a piece of plastic or something along the way).

The new controller stopped working randomly, and wouldn't until I did a hard reset. Then, it's also started disconnecting occasionally. I know that if I go through support, they'll send me a used, beat up and dirty refurbished one, so I'd rather try to get it exchanged. However, since I was done a favour with the exchange, the new set isn't under warranty.

I bought a new controller which should arrive soon, and I'm thinking about putting the defective one in its box and returning it to the store/seeing if I can get a new one. It's only a month old, so it's in perfect shape. I don't like the idea of committing return fraud, but I doubt they'd check the serial number and Microsoft would reimburse them.

I'd echo what Lone Prodigy said. You already don't like the idea, so listen to that.

Who knows, the one you get from support might not even that bad.

Controllers break all the time anyway, you're gonna be eating the cost of replacements most of the time. But this time you might be lucky enough that it broke so fast again that support could help you out.

simpleton

I just ordered this as well. Order appeared to go through fine with confirmation email.

So hopefully this gets shipped.

So you get deluxe set with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land.for regular price of $299.99.

Then get Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 FREE!

Best deal I've seen so far on the Wii U, except maybe the $150 clearance Wii Us ebgames had up for like a day or two a month or so ago.

For anybody wondering, others on rfd that ordered this have said that Walmart has acknowledged it was a pricing error, but they intend on honouring all orders that went through. I haven't checked but I assume they have fixed the error by now.

edit: Actually it appear Smash bros is out of stock so that effectively kills the deal now.

I received the controller from Toys 'R Us. They really packed it like shit (just the box in a small brown box that was poorly taped.)

Hopefully it's okay, and didn't suffer any damage from rattling around. (Damned OCD)

Yeah, it'd bug my conscience so I don't really want to. I just can't keep the dirty one, because it's so worn/gross.

Just sell the dirty controller through online classifieds and be honest about it. Sold as is. Or sell to a store - they can clean and recondition it for sale.

For the buy sell trade experts here...

I have a black 3ds XL thats 10 months, I barely use it. Like probably 40 hours total. Looks new.

How much should I sell this for? In downtown toronto.

See ranges from $80 to $170! I would realistically want more than $120, but is that too high?

UberTag

For anybody wondering, others on rfd that ordered this have said that Walmart has acknowledged it was a pricing error, but they intend on honouring all orders that went through. I haven't checked but I assume they have fixed the error by now.

edit: Actually it appear Smash bros is out of stock so that effectively kills the deal now.
Thrilled to hear they're honoring the orders that went through. That's straight up of them.
Will still hold my breath slightly until my order ships.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If you add 4
amiibos
to your cart on ToysRus.ca and use the code CineplexHoliday, you can get them for a total of $30, which ends up being $7.50 per
amiibo
. That's a pretty good deal considering their MSRP is now $16. The selection is pretty crappy however.

Dazzler

I have a black 3ds XL thats 10 months, I barely use it. Like probably 40 hours total. Looks new.

See ranges from $80 to $170! I would realistically want more than $120, but is that too high?

I sold an XL with a bunch of digital games included for $120 on CL

It was a tough sell too

jred2k

God of War 3 Remastered Edition Available for Pre-Order from EB Games - $49.99

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/719410/god-of-war-iii-remastered

Kind of screams "rush job". The lack of including any other games in the franchise and price tag of $50 means I will probably never buy this. GOW III is a great game, but I'm pretty comfortable leaving it in the past. Maybe this is more targeted towards people that didn't own a PS3 last gen, but have gone with the PS4 this gen. It just seems really superfluous.

XL's are hard to sell now with refurbs on Nintendo's site, all the sales over the past few months, and the new model out now. Unless you include games/accessories with it I doubt you'll get more than $100, and even that is pushing it.

fooish101

Thrilled to hear they're honoring the orders that went through. That's straight up of them.
Will still hold my breath slightly until my order ships.

Haha same here I was half expecting them to cancel it. I'm not sure if I will end up keeping super smash bros or try to sell it to buy wonderful 101 or wind walker.

goddamnit, buy Xenoblade or 40 bucks or not.

what are the chances of it dropping in price 2-3 months later?

It's Xenoblade. You know, the game whose Wii version almost didn't make it to North America, then was sold exclusively via Gamestop, then became extremely scarce very quickly, and now sells above MSRP for used copies years after release.

Maybe this time it'll be different, and Nintendo will make tons of copies and it'll go on sale just like other games. All I'm saying is, you're tempting fate.

It's Xenoblade. You know, the game whose Wii version almost didn't make it to North America, then was sold exclusively via Gamestop, then became extremely scarce very quickly, and now sells above MSRP for used copies years after release.

Maybe this time it'll be different, and Nintendo will make tons of copies and it'll go on sale just like other games. All I'm saying is, you're tempting fate.

image.php

WHAT WHAT WHAT? I'll buy 10 of them in that case!

Yeah, this adds nothing really, but I really wanted to use your avatar!

Also, I've ordered 3 of them (I need to cancel 2 of them.. but still!)

There's no reason to treat this Xenoblade for 3DS with any degree of importance, at least in terms of potential scarcity. Even if Nintendo hasn't learned their lesson about stocking it (which they probably have), the whole point is moot since it will be available for sale digitally.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck is Puzzle and Dragons Z with Super Mario Bros. Edition $45 when the MSRP is $30 USD (roughly ~$38 CAD)?

I have this terrible feeling that Steins;Gate for Vita will probably be $50 before tax. :(

Ondore

Hasn't updated yet? The announcement only came out yesterday. (Hell, NoC probably hasn't decided how badly they're going to screw us.)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Did places in Ontario (Toronto) break streetdate on Bloodborne? Someone I know here already has a copy!

Is SDM receiving any copies? Because that's where I'd head. The only game store I know what regularly broke street dates is Gamerama and I'm not sure that's the situation anymore.

If you haven't played it (and don't buy) Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! for around $0.80, I'll be forever mad at you. *Insert stern face here*

UberTag

If you haven't played it (and don't buy) Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! for around $0.80, I'll be forever mad at you. *Insert stern face here*
You'll be supporting a great Canadian developer, too.
Also, buy Gravity Rush for less than a buck.

Sealtest

i'm a sucker for these sales. Specially since it's more games for my vita.

Megaman x4/5
Dinocrisis 1/2
wild arms 1/2
Breath of fire 4
Klanoa

I haven't played breath of fire so I hope it's good.

zroid

Banned
I just picked up Klonoa and Gravity Rush for now. I'm still mulling over Wild Arms 2 and Breath of Fire IV. I kinda want to have them just for the hell of it but it's highly unlikely I ever get around to playing them. Too many RPGs in the backlog as it is.

Astra

Has anyone used Paypal to pre-order from Futureshop? Got an email saying they couldn't process my order due to my method of payment not going through :(
I can't change my method of payment to credit card, it keeps saying the system is down.

FS's preorder deal of the day is Xenoblade 3D $5 off.

I'll probably hold off since I want it digitally, but if there's something good Easter weekend like last year I can be swayed.
This is the second time I've canceled my Xenoblade pre-order in order to pre-order a cheaper Xenoblade.

But a dollar off is a dollar off, and in this age of Canadian Gaming Deals, it's all I can really ask for.

N° 2048

Welp, time to get more Vita games for the Vita I don't own.

I swear I won't have to buy games for a long time when I get a Vita. Been hoarding the PS+ games since almost the start.

UberTag

Welp, time to get more Vita games for the Vita I don't own.

I swear I won't have to buy games for a long time when I get a Vita. Been hoarding the PS+ games since almost the start.
What's stopping you from buying a Vita to play all of these games you now have cataloged?

RichyMtl

Neo Member
I'm out of the country for a few week but wanted to buy a few games on the psn flash sales, what are the beat sites to buy psn card digitally? Thanks :)

Top Bottom