• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

khaaan

Damn it, my Bloodborne from BB is In Progress, I was meaning to cancel it since I ordered from ShopTo. I figured I would be fine to cancel over the weekend since it comes out next week.

I'm out of the country for a few week but wanted to buy a few games on the psn flash sales, what are the beat sites to buy psn card digitally? Thanks :)

Couldn't you just use your CC? If it's for security purposes then unfortunately I don't know anyplace that emails you the code.

Zing

Banned
For the buy sell trade experts here...

I have a black 3ds XL thats 10 months, I barely use it. Like probably 40 hours total. Looks new.

How much should I sell this for? In downtown toronto.

See ranges from $80 to $170! I would realistically want more than $120, but is that too high?
A few weeks ago, I sold a black XL in similar comdition with box and all accessories like new. $160 on kijiji. I'm in the GTA as well.

jred2k

I got my shipping notification for Bloodborne this afternoon from FS. Most of my E3 preorders have shown up on Mondays so hopefully this follows suit. It feels good to be this hyped for a game again.

SickBoy

2009 and 2010 were great, too. When games like Arkham Asylum and Just Cause 2 were coming out for $40 brand new at Wal-Mart.

Oh man, I got Arkham Asylum for $20 at Best Buy because they somehow matched Walmart *and* applied a $20 "instant savings." Those were the days...

Qwyjibo

Well, I have a giant backlog of games spread out over 5 platforms, a couple more games coming in on March 31 but I better order Xenoblade 3D because I'm a friggin idiot that needs more games! Goddamnit...

(But seriously, I'm looking forward to playing it)

Stage On

So I'm one of those folks that pre-ordered xenoblade chronicles X from FS during e3 so long ago that its still showing up as X Wii U on the reminder email.

Is it alright to leave it at that and assume they'll ship the game at launch? Or should I contact their customer support? Im starting to get a little worried about the preorder and whether they'll ship it to me.

Also I can't even access the order history from that far back. It keeps giving me errors on their website whenever I try to look it up. Anyone else have that issue?

It's safe to leave it. Futureshop tweeted ages ago that they where going to fix the issue and they more or less did. Even if the listing is still kind of wrong as Wii U X you can tell it's the correct game by clicking on Reveiw and rate product under the incorrect name which takes you to the page for Xenoblade Chronicles X

A few weeks ago, I sold a black XL in similar comdition with box and all accessories like new. $160 on kijiji. I'm in the GTA as well.

Thanks very helpful advice :)

Yeah looking again tonight, it's clear that the black model is the most popular. Pink and blue ones seems to get no more than $110.

jholmes

i'm a sucker for these sales. Specially since it's more games for my vita.

Megaman x4/5
Dinocrisis 1/2
wild arms 1/2
Breath of fire 4
Klanoa

I haven't played breath of fire so I hope it's good.

Oh damn, that's what I got. Good taste, sir!

(Why didn't you also get Katamari Damacy?)

Roto13

i'm a sucker for these sales. Specially since it's more games for my vita.

Megaman x4/5
Dinocrisis 1/2
wild arms 1/2
Breath of fire 4
Klanoa

I haven't played breath of fire so I hope it's good.

For years I've been buying PS1 games to play on my Vita and so far I've played exactly one of them for more than 10 minutes.

RichyMtl

Neo Member
Damn it, my Bloodborne from BB is In Progress, I was meaning to cancel it since I ordered from ShopTo. I figured I would be fine to cancel over the weekend since it comes out next week.

Couldn't you just use your CC? If it's for security purposes then unfortunately I don't know anyplace that emails you the code.

I tried to do it throught the playstation store but they said that the transaction couldn't be completed and it's not my cc cause I was able to buy something throught paypal.

I got my shipping notification for Bloodborne this afternoon from FS. Most of my E3 preorders have shown up on Mondays so hopefully this follows suit. It feels good to be this hyped for a game again.

I haven't seen a shipping notification yet, but my order has updated to In Progress and Bloodborne isn't listed in the standard update email. It's been years since I've pre-ordered off of FS so I'm just hoping it shows up on release day instead of a week later like Killzone 2.

Harusame

It's official guys. The Target in Maple Ridge BC, in which I work at will be closing on March 30th. With 9 days lefr to closure, it was an interesting experience considering this was my first job. I have got to be part of the grand opening of the store, now I will see its last few days.

sikkinixx

It's official guys. The Target in Maple Ridge BC, in which I work at will be closing on March 30th. With 9 days lefr to closure, it was an interesting experience considering this was my first job. I have got to be part of the grand opening of the store, now I will see its last few days.

I was just there this morning. Place is pretty cleared out since we last went a couple weeks ago. I had Halo MCC in my hands but I said I wouldn't buy unless it hits 50% and I'm sticking by it!

Haney Mall is gonna be pretty ghost town-ish without it though.

Just got my Smash Bros soundtrack in the mail. It was unexpected as I didn't get a shipping notification for it. The soundtrack was mailed from Vancouver in a small plastic bag (100% biodegradable! lol).

jholmes

Just got my Smash Bros soundtrack in the mail. It was unexpected as I didn't get a shipping notification for it. The soundtrack was mailed from Vancouver in a small plastic bag (100% biodegradable! lol).

Is this the first Canadian Smash soundtrack confirmation? And do you live near Richmond or at least on that side of the country?

Sora_N

Yeah I got mine too, case was damaged obviously due to the lack of protection. Why would they ship the CD in a bag? I had to buy two games to get it.

It's safe to leave it. Futureshop tweeted ages ago that they where going to fix the issue and they more or less did. Even if the listing is still kind of wrong as Wii U X you can tell it's the correct game by clicking on Reveiw and rate product under the incorrect name which takes you to the page for Xenoblade Chronicles X

Thanks for letting me know!

I tried to look at the review and rate product for Wii U X, but there is no listing on Futureshop's site anymore for it. That's fine though.

thanks again!

khaaan

Plz validate/invalidate my purchase.

Found a new copy of Professor Layton And the Azran Legacy out in the wild for $45 and decided to jump on it because of the alternatives. There is a small tear in the box art itself but it does complete my Layton collection.

ohlawd

ah man didn't get my Smash CD. fingers crossed on Monday along with my Peach am- *chokes*

Plz validate/invalidate my purchase.

Found a new copy of Professor Layton And the Azran Legacy out in the wild for $45 and decided to jump on it because of the alternatives. There is a small tear in the box art itself but it does complete my Layton collection.

*validates your purchase*

Kieli

I wish big retailers would just break street date and sell games as soon as they receive shipment.

It's not like they aren't getting money, and they are too powerful for publishers to not continue working with them.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
When does Best Buy normally ship? First time ordering a game online from there. Hoping Bloodborne will at least be arriving on release day.

Coquitlam Centre isn't going to be much further behind. I wouldn't even be shocked if we're done on the 30th as well, but I won't find out until I go in on Monday. I don't believe we're getting anymore trucks and we were starting to condense and rope off aisles this past week.

Draysoth

Bestbuy only seems to mess up on Nintendo Friday releases - I often get my stuff a day early (3 days in the case of a certain day 0 game!)

UberTag

Got my shipping notice from Walmart.
$299 Wii U w/ Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land officially on its way.
Placed an order at Nintendo.com for NSMBU w/ Luigi U and the high capacity gamepad battery.
Should have me covered for a bit until I nab some digital titles.

My only dilemma is that it's going to arrive the same day as Bloodborne.

When does Best Buy normally ship? First time ordering a game online from there. Hoping Bloodborne will at least be arriving on release day.

Really depends where you are. I receive 1 game out of 10 on release day from BB and FS and I am in a urban center. A day early once in a while when they fuck up and most of the time one day late. It looks like most people here are receiving their stuff on release day but we are still a bunch who don't.

Maximus.

For some reason my credit card didn't process with Best Buy for my E3 Bloodborne preorder. Called in to get it updated, lady put it as the wrong card time and it got denied again. Had to call again and ensure they did it right. This isn't the first time they have made a mistake like this, I don't understand how they forget to ask which card type I am using. Regardless, it looks like this time it went through ok, just hope it doesn't effect receiving the game day one.

Random thought, I have been waiting for GTA V for the PS4 to hit a sale, but I realized I haven't seen a physical copy in stores around me, weird seeing as I would imagine it to be a well stocked game.

Zing

Banned
Wheeeee! I went to preorder Splatoon... It's over $73 after tax.

No. Seriously. Who is actually buying games at this price? It's absurd.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone here own a car mount for their phone? Looking for a good, inexpensive one that's universal (would need to fit both an S5 and an OPO) but have thus far come up empty. Might not be looking on the right sites...

Top Bottom