• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So Costco has something I want for a significant reduction. But I won't use the membership card outside of this purchase. What can/should I do?

big_z

When does Best Buy normally ship? First time ordering a game online from there. Hoping Bloodborne will at least be arriving on release day.

best buy has warehouses BC and Ontario so if you live in either province it wont shit until the day before. other provinces get shipped earlier due to the extra travel time.

Im in alberta and got my tracking number on Friday and it looks like it will arrive Monday.

So Costco has something I want for a significant reduction. But I won't use the membership card outside of this purchase. What can/should I do?

if you can buy it online just borrow the membership number otherwise you have to tag along with a member so they can make the purchase for you in store.

I might be open to the idea of a Costco membership if things in the store (like food items) work out for me, but I'm not really open the idea of buying in bulk. Do they have a trial of sorts?

What if I buy into the membership, and try it to see if I like it outside the other thing I want, and if it doesn't work out, get a refund? Apparently you can get a refund on a membership if you're dissatisfied. I just don't want to dump $55 on a membership thinking I'll be "racking up savings," then never using the card again. :p

zroid

Banned
I might be open to the idea of a Costco membership if things in the store (like food items) work out for me, but I'm not really open the idea of buying in bulk. Do they have a trial of sorts?

What if I buy into the membership, and try it to see if I like it outside the other thing I want, and if it doesn't work out, get a refund? Apparently you can get a refund on a membership if you're dissatisfied. I just don't want to dump $55 on a membership thinking I'll be "racking up savings," then never using the card again. :p

yeah basically if you're dissatisfied they will issue a refund at any time

of course they will ask you why, but if you haven't used it much after a few months then that's a pretty valid reason to get a refund

It's really easy to cover the member fee on even just 1-2 purchases.

For example i got a garden hose for something like $22. Same hose elsewhere was like $50.

Same thing for an outdoor extension cord. Saved $40 !

Monthly milk carton purchase ( yes monthly) I save $2/carton over competitor. That's $24/yr.

So you don't need to buy in bulk to save.

Today is the last day the Kitchener Target is open. Anyone know if there's going to be any big deals for the last day? If there are I might stop by and pick through the remainders.

Ryne

It's really easy to cover the member fee on even just 1-2 purchases.

For example i got a garden hose for something like $22. Same hose elsewhere was like $50.

Same thing for an outdoor extension cord. Saved $40 !

Monthly milk carton purchase ( yes monthly) I save $2/carton over competitor. That's $24/yr.

So you don't need to buy in bulk to save.

True. Also see if any friends or family want to shop at Costco as well.

I got a membership and I have my mom come with me for purchases so she can buy stuff as well. I live with my girlfriend so it wasn't worth it for just us to get the membership, however with my mom's shopping for the rest of the family the savings are passed on.

Lexxism

Anyone know the trade in value for the order 1886? I am thinking of trading it for bloodborne at Future Shop.

$15 according to this http://flip.futureshop.ca/bb/ShowQuote.cfm

How do I get this? Nothing happens when I add to cart. Only says something about a messenger skin.

The game must one of these http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=BBYvideogamepromo&lang=en-ca

PS. The $20 off will apply to the game you added and not Bloodborne btw

It's official guys. The Target in Maple Ridge BC, in which I work at will be closing on March 30th. With 9 days lefr to closure, it was an interesting experience considering this was my first job. I have got to be part of the grand opening of the store, now I will see its last few days.

im sorry to hear that
Enjoy your severance pay doing nothing

lucky sonofabitch ;)

Kieli

This is what it says on their website:

"Available for Pre-Order

Limited quantities available
Pre-Order

Release Date: March 23, 2015

Free delivery arrives as early as Mar 25th. View delivery options"

best buy has warehouses BC and Ontario so if you live in either province it wont shit until the day before. other provinces get shipped earlier due to the extra travel time.

Im in alberta and got my tracking number on Friday and it looks like it will arrive Monday.

if you can buy it online just borrow the membership number otherwise you have to tag along with a member so they can make the purchase for you in store.

I got my "shipping" notice on Friday as well but tracking shows Item Processed only. I live in Regina and I'm not confident it'll arrive from Richmond BC by Tuesday.

"Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: March 24, 2015
Free delivery arrives as early as Jan 01."

I'm in Markham. In the past, my nintendo preorders would arrive in mid afternoon on release day.

Jan 1 would have been nice!

chrono01

My Collector's Edition pre-order of Bloodborne from EBGames.ca hasn't shipped yet. I haven't been charged either.

I paid for express shipping, I had better receive it on release day!

Thanks Canada Post, so expedited.
bborderb8u5y.png

Qwyjibo

Shop.ca hasn't shipped my Bloodborne either. Then again, I've never pre-ordered anything with them so I don't know what to expect. As long as I get it sometime this upcoming week, I'll be happy.

Kyolux

Are they still telling you it's scheduled to arrive on Tuesday? I'm in Scarborough so if they ship tomorrow it'll still arrive on time, but I don't know where you're located.

I got a bit of family in Scarborough!

Still says for a delivery on Tuesday.

I'm in Gatineau, next to Ottawa. I usually receive on the next day they ship, but most of the time I get a notice over the week-end.

I just hope it does get in on Tuesday, leaving on a trip next week and my week-end is pretty much fully booked. I won't have much time to play other than Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening.. After that, I won't be home before April 19.

Joeku

Your big mistake here is assuming you'd wring enough out of it in three days to satisfy you. You're going to be left wanting til late April no matter what.

Kyolux

Your big mistake here is assuming you'd wring enough out of it in three days to satisfy you. You're going to be left wanting til late April no matter what.

For sure, but I might have some time to play a bit early next week too I guess.

Also, I'll be on a vacation trip to Japan. I think I'll be able to survive not playing it for 2 weeks and a half. :p

lol took me a second as well.

Sometimes Canada Post ships early but I haven't had much luck with Future Shop and Best Buy with those E3 pre-order deals so far.

I actually got both Type-0 and Mario Party 10 from BB's e3 deal last week on the right day.

Quick

Banned
Anyone here own a car mount for their phone? Looking for a good, inexpensive one that's universal (would need to fit both an S5 and an OPO) but have thus far come up empty. Might not be looking on the right sites...

How would you prefer the mount: windshield, dash, car outlet, cup holder, air vent clip? I personally avoid windshield mounts and anything that requires being mounted on top of my dash because I like having clear sight of the road.

If you're not going to be using your CD player, there's this

Then there's this that's clipped on the air vent., which connects magnetically to your phone.

Belkin's cup mount is pretty good, too. Drawback might be having to look down to have any interaction with your phone, and it's not inexpensive.

Plus side to all of them is not having to stick any adhesive or suction to your car that'll be tough to remove later on.

Socreges

Banned
How would you prefer the mount: windshield, dash, car outlet, cup holder, air vent clip? I personally avoid windshield mounts and anything that requires being mounted on top of my dash because I like having clear sight of the road.

If you're not going to be using your CD player, there's this

Then there's this that's clipped on the air vent., which connects magnetically to your phone.

Belkin's cup mount is pretty good, too. Drawback might be having to look down to have any interaction with your phone, and it's not inexpensive.

Plus side to all of them is not having to stick any adhesive or suction to your car that'll be tough to remove later on.
Quick for President Generalissimus!

That CD one seems sweet. Thanks, bro. Will probably order one this week if the missus agrees.

Top Bottom