• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

NoWayOut

My credit card has been charged... I think.. my bank's site won't let me check my credit card charges right now.. hopefully they haven't freaked over an amazon charge.. I've had hundreds in the last few years >.>

It shipped!!!

YZ6s9aQ.png

Maybe they got some returns from people who couldn't scalp them, but still a bit strange as to where the stock is coming from (if it truly was limited).

fooish101

Wow I hope people who couldn't get the system originally get it this time! It is a thing of beauty!

Haha just picked it up! My wii u order from Walmart last week still hasn't gone through with the 2 bonus games but if it does that's a lot of money going to Nintendo from me these past few weeks payday can't come soon enough!

Guess I will try to sell my old 3ds when the new one comes.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
It's still up after more than an hour?! This is suspicious...

As tempting at picking that up due to its rarity as it is, I just don't feel like spending $230 when my regular XL is doing fine. I'll likely pick it up if any really fancy edition comes up (I really don't want a system that's black inside like my current one) or in a big sale. :p

Swhalen

It just got posted on RFD, it'll be oos anytime now lol .

As tempting at picking that up due to its rarity as it is, I just don't feel like spending $230 when my regular XL is doing fine. I'll likely pick it up if any really fancy edition comes up (I really don't want a system that's black inside like my current one) or in a big sale. :p
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'm so tempted though

If the MonHun one popped up again I'd probably bite.

Alright that's good to hear. Was just concerned they'd be crushing packages into the mailbox.

The community boxes in my neighborhood look different from the ones on the canadapost website, but here, there are a couple extra boxes that are much larger than the personal boxes. They'll put larger items in there, then put the key for that box into your mailbox so that you can open it.

The community boxes in my neighborhood look different from the ones on the canadapost website, but here, there are a couple extra boxes that are much larger than the personal boxes. They'll put larger items in there, then put the key for that box into your mailbox so that you can open it.

Sucks that it's not coming straight to my door anymore, but as long as the alternative is fine then I won't be too annoyed.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is looking for an eReader, the Kobo Aura is $99 now, it's a pretty good one.

I had no idea until I went into Indigo, saw it and picked it up to upgrade from my Kobo Glo.

chrono01

Damn it, I forgot to cancel my pre-order from Amazon.com for the CE of Bloodborne and now it's in the process of shipping and I can't cancel. I was also charged for the one from EBGames but neither have shipped yet. The one from Amazon.com cost me $124 [thank you, Canadian dollar]. :/

I'm thinking of just refusing delivery when it comes, but I've never done that before. If it comes from UPS and they simply leave it on my doorstep, I can't exactly refuse it. Here's hoping a signature is required...

Damn it, I forgot to cancel my pre-order from Amazon.com for the CE of Bloodborne and now it's in the process of shipping and I can't cancel. I was also charged for the one from EBGames but neither have shipped yet. The one from Amazon.com cost me $124 [thank you, Canadian dollar]. :/

I'm thinking of just refusing delivery when it comes, but I've never done that before. If it comes from UPS and they simply leave it on my doorstep, I can't exactly refuse it. Here's hoping a signature is required...

It's usually possible to still cancel in the process of shipping, it always tells me so (just no button to do it). Chat with an agent asap?

Kyolux

Amazon will most likely be Canada Post. They'll leave it at your door unless your neighbourhood is really sketchy. Your best bet, is to ask Amazon for a refund, you'll only have to pay the shipping back I think?

Reselling would be another option, but I doubt you'd get your whole $124 back.

chrono01

It's usually possible to still cancel in the process of shipping, it always tells me so (just no button to do it). Chat with an agent asap?
Thanks. I tried the order cancellation through the site, but I'll try talking with a rep.

Amazon will most likely be Canada Post. They'll leave it at your door unless your neighbourhood is really sketchy. Your best bet, is to ask Amazon for a refund, you'll only have to pay the shipping back I think?

Reselling would be another option, but I doubt you'd get your whole $124 back.
Yeah, cancelling would definitely be the better option. :(

chrono01

Okay, talked with an Amazon rep and they confirmed my suspicions. It's right in the process of shipping and they can't cancel it.

They did tell me to email them after it ships, though, so they can contact the courier and request an item return before it even reaches me. Hopefully that works out.

So, I got a promotional code from Amazon. Anyone knows what's it for?

Bloodborne™ - Messenger Top Hat DLC (Product Voucher)
Sony Computer Entertainment America

Download the Messenger Worn Top Hat skin DLC for use in the game. Messengers are nightmare creatures that hold your messages for other players, and guard your tombstone upon your death so other players can catch a glimpse of your final moments of life. This unique skin lets your personal messengers don stylish top hats wherever they go.

Note: To use this item in the game, players must go to the backyard next to the Final Ritual Alter in the Hunter's Dream and pick up the corresponding item near the Stump Messenger. After doing so, this Messenger DLC can be equipped by interacting with the Stump Messenger.

If you ordered Bloodborne anyway.

explodet

Release the shipping hounds!
Bloodborne will be awesome, after I get home from work and start on the 3GB patch.

... remember when "Gone Gold" meant something?

UberTag

Haha just picked it up! My wii u order from Walmart last week still hasn't gone through with the 2 bonus games but if it does that's a lot of money going to Nintendo from me these past few weeks payday can't come soon enough!

Guess I will try to sell my old 3ds when the new one comes.
My Wii U bundle arrived today. Hope yours makes it to you soon.
Had to pass on the MM 3DS due to diving into the Wii U frey with that deal.
Still keeping my fingers crossed that a non-XL N3DS will find its way to us at some point but I'm not holding my breath.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Whoever is in charge of handling my Bloodborne CE is going above and beyond the call of duty, considering it's been "shipping now" for over two hours. u_u

Top Bottom