• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

RaidenXZ

Still waiting on shop.ca to ship my game. Never ordered with them before/

Anyone have a FFXV Demo for PS$ they would be willing to sell me? Really want to play in the mean time lol. Been waiting on that since it was announced :/

Daigr

Bloodborne is my first Amazon e3 pre-order to ship.
Pre-ordered for 50.99 after discount but they took more off.

Charged me after tax 47.25 not complaining!

Is this an error? Or should I look forward to more discounts with my other e3 preorders.

Kyolux

Bloodborne is my first Amazon e3 pre-order to ship.
Pre-ordered for 50.99 after discount but they took more off.

Charged me after tax 47.25 not complaining!

Is this an error? Or should I look forward to more discounts with my other e3 preorders.

Yeah, amazon's e3 deals were kind of weird.. You had 15% off on shown price, then another 15% off when charged. It's normal, or at least, what I've encountered so far with all of my orders.

Are you honestly surprised with the track record of Amazon, first day release, and GAF not working out?

Never had an issue with Amazon's e3 deals games so far.. but I've had Prime, so that might help.

Saturday

yall probably know but 50%-70% across Target stores

btw anyone here work at pickering Target? is it true ya'll closing April 1st?

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/03/23/target-canada-schedules-more-stores-for-closure.html

That's an impressive amount of targets closing down (mine included) but nah, there'll still be a couple targets open, the unlucky few that'll suffer the fate of having to pick up stock from the closed stores.

Also- I'm not entirely sure- But target might be kicking it into overdrive when it comes to discounts. The rumour is a further 10% knocked off every day.

i-Jest

God of War III Remaster is $50 in Canada. Everyone who is involved in pricing this should fuck off. You can get the entire collection on PS3 for $20.

What a useless release. No damn reason why they had to do this. Either give Kratos a game where he finally goes after Athena for her manipulation or let the Kratos name die and start with someone new. All these GoW releases after 3 were just unnecessary. Well, not all of them but Sony Entertainment pimped out the name like a dirty whore.

Qwyjibo

It will come tomorrow morning. Their notifications usually come the day after they actually ship. Happened last week with Type 0.
Cool. I've ordered things from there before but never pre-order/release day. As long as I get it sometime this week, I'm happy (4-day weekend coming up).

IceIpor

The deeper discounts at Target could be only for the stores who will be closing sooner than the other ones.

I've heard nothing of further discounts at Cloverdale, and I believe we will be one of the last stores open at the end.

Jashobeam

Can someone else confirm this?

Bloodborne is showing up at $59.99 for me (was $69.99), I'm so tempted to get it with my $15 credit, even tho I have physical copy on the way...

at sony playstation web store btw

Harusame

The deeper discounts at Target could be only for the stores who will be closing sooner than the other ones.

I've heard nothing of further discounts at Cloverdale, and I believe we will be one of the last stores open at the end.

The deeper discounts are indeed for the Target stores that are closing very soon. Due to my store closing on the March 30th, if I heard my managers correctly, the 50% discounts should have start today, 60-70% should occur this coming wednesday/thursday, and the 80-90% discounts are on Sunday.

Bloodborne is showing up at $59.99 for me (was $69.99), I'm so tempted to get it with my $15 credit, even tho I have physical copy on the way...

Once you sign in I suspect the price will change back to $70.

terrible

Banned

It showed $59.99 for me on my PS4 too. I bought it.. downloading now. I wasn't planning on getting the game but that price point plus no tax sold me on it.

kasane

so i have no idea why but i only paid 59 for the digital edition of bloodborne directly from ps store

edit:just checked my balance i only paid 59

what is going on

well tbf its advertised as 59

chrono01

Amazon.com...is pretty amazing.

So as I mentioned earlier, I have a second copy of the Bloodborne CE coming from Amazon.com [the first coming from EBGames.ca] due to myself pre-ordering it early on since it wasn't yet available in Canada and had forgotten to cancel after I secured one locally. It was too late in the shipping process to cancel, so they sent it out.

Anyway, I sent them an email after it shipped asking if they could somehow "re-route" the package back to them for a refund, and they just responded. They issued an advance refund for me for the total amount [including shipping] which will apparently show in my account in the next 2-3 days. They asked me to refuse delivery [which I'll try to do], but if it doesn't require a signature it will likely just be placed in my mailbox. If that fails, they asked me to send it back to them via economical mail, and that they would refund me the entire cost of that shipping too.

If I were a more sinister person, I could keep the second CE for free [since they've already issued me the refund], but I'm not that kind of person. I'll be returning it once I receive it, if I'm not presented the option to refuse delivery.

It's still surprising, though, that Amazon.com would issue a refund before receiving the returned copy of the game. I'm impressed.

Draysoth

Anyone know of a good deal on a new PS3? My lauch 20 gig died - losing the backwards compatibility suuuuucks. Thinking of nabbing one at Shoppers on a 20x day unless I can get a better deal.

Sinistral

Debating whether I should pay for the Collectors Edition of Bloodborne for $101 after taxes or pick up the regular for $78 after taxes... Fuck I have not paid over $100 for a game since the late 90's...

Edit: My Math sucks...

Zing

Banned
I decided to check out my local Target. There were two cash registers open and each line was at least 40 people deep.

Debating whether I should pay for the Collectors Edition of Bloodborne for $101 after taxes or pick up the regular for $78 after taxes... Fuck I have not paid over $100 for a game since the late 90's...

Edit: My Math sucks...
Thr steelbook is complete shit compared to other regions, if that's a factor.

Gotta love Canada Post! My Best Buy Bloodborne order has been sitting on "item processed" for 2 days. No updates at all!

I'm soooooo glad that Amazon uses UPS (which rocks in my area).

Hey guys just wanted to confirm my purchase of Bloodborne on the PSN shop for $59.99 no tax 3 minutes ago. So definitely worth your while if you were on the fence or waiting for a "deal"...

sikkinixx

Hey guys just wanted to confirm my purchase of Bloodborne on the PSN shop for $59.99 no tax 3 minutes ago. So definitely worth your while if you were on the fence or waiting for a "deal"...

I wonder how long it will last... I'm waiting for a $50 Bestbuy gift card in the mail, but I could easily go buy PSN credit with it. Hmmmmm

Top Bottom