• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

They still use UPS for you? Last time they used UPS for was with inFAMOUS: Second Son

Yep - thankfully they do. They occasionally use Canada Post and when they do, it's almost always late (even though I pay for Prime membership). One of my recent Amazon orders was sent Canada Post and was basically "lost" for a week or two. In the interim, Amazon sent me a replacement that arrived the next day via UPS.

I wonder how long it will last... I'm waiting for a $50 Bestbuy gift card in the mail, but I could easily go buy PSN credit with it. Hmmmmm

Rock and a hard place, huh? Well you can always use the gift card or get the PSN credit and use it later, but the deal isn't going to be around for much longer. If you have the funds and it won't pinch too much I say go for it. Don't know where you are but here in Alberta with our 5% tax I've saved about $13.50.

iLLmAtlc

Can someone else confirm this?

Bloodborne is showing up at $59.99 for me (was $69.99), I'm so tempted to get it with my $15 credit, even tho I have physical copy on the way...

at sony playstation web store btw

Chances are it's some kinda glitch. Type-0 started at 59 last week too but changed back by the evening. You should probably hurry if you want it.

Jashobeam

Chances are it's some kinda glitch. Type-0 started at 59 last week too but changed back by the evening. You should probably hurry if you want it.

I fought off the hype last night somehow lol, just going to wait for UPS to deliver my physical copy later Today, so glad shop.ca never failed me yet on release day.

No_Style

According to Amazon.ca and CS rep, looks like I won't get my copy of Bloodborne until April 2 or 3. I chose free shipping.

Oh well, I'll finally get a chance to finish A Link to the Past or probably start Sunset Overdrive.

Anyone know of a good deal on a new PS3? My lauch 20 gig died - losing the backwards compatibility suuuuucks. Thinking of nabbing one at Shoppers on a 20x day unless I can get a better deal.

Sorry that I don't have an answer for you regarding a cheap PS3 (I'm looking myself!), but I'm curious what you're doing with your old 20 gig.

I collect console revisions (it's a sickness) and honestly think the 20gig PS3 was the most attractive. I've got a launch 60gig that still operates, but the fake chrome has always bothered me.

Would you be open to parting with it? Is it in good cosmetic condition? You can gut the thing for parts--I'm not trying to revive it, I just love the way it looks.

PM me if you're interested. Actually, anyone with a dead (I'm not looking to lay down mad dollars here) 20 gig PS3 in great shape PM me!

RaidenXZ

UPS tried to deliver Bloodborne today but no one was home. Went on the website to change it so I could go pick it up tonight.

I never really deal with UPS. Would I have to wait til tomorrow to pick my package up from them or is there a chance I could just pick it up tonight?

Swhalen

CA4fUu9WUAAp1TH.jpg

Same day? Come on...

My copy of Bloodborne was supposed to be delivered today, but is instead sitting in a stack of parcels at my local shoppers drug mart/canadapost because they were "too busy to sort any packages today". The fuck? They have three people behind the counter selling envelopes, stamps, and commemorative coins. Backstab me for not doing in-store pickup at FS.

sikkinixx

Bailed on my physical copy, took the chance and got a $50 PSN card with my Bestbuy credit instead. Snagged BB for $59.99 on PSN, so... $18.38 less than retail since there isn't tax.

But now I need to wait 4942938 hours for PSN to download it.

Shitty but if a manager doesn't bite sounds like like you're SOL.

You'll just have to make clear that lack of price protection means you're done pre-ordering from psn and hope market forces will change them.

Ps new thread
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=948418&page=100000

Thanks for the heads up, apologies for bumping the old thread.

I'll try to escalate things on phone. I don't actually really give a shit about the 10 bucks, i just don't like the idea of sony fucking people around like this. I pre-ordered almost as a laugh, but certainly don't think I should get punished with a 15-20% price increase.

Probably temporary glitch like type-0.

No, she kept re-iterating it was the "developer" that had reduced the price. Despite me pointing out that's not how things work. It became increasingly clear we did not speak the same language, both literally and figuratively. She actually forcefully cut off the chat lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My N3DS XL charging docks came in today. Ordered three, two going to friends, to save on shipping as it was $7 for one, or $7 for half a dozen. No box for the dock, but I 'think' the 3DS XL charging dock ordered from Nintendo was the same.

Returners

Thanks for the heads up, apologies for bumping the old thread.

I'll try to escalate things on phone. I don't actually really give a shit about the 10 bucks, i just don't like the idea of sony fucking people around like this. I pre-ordered almost as a laugh, but certainly don't think I should get punished with a 15-20% price increase.

No, she kept re-iterating it was the "developer" that had reduced the price. Despite me pointing out that's not how things work. It became increasingly clear we did not speak the same language, both literally and figuratively. She actually forcefully cut off the chat lol

Definitely sucks. I didn't even know there was a live text chat support for PSN.

DJ_Lae

I'm pleased with the PSN drop personally but it is bizarre and I can see how it would be incredibly annoying if you already locked in at $70. Seems like a weird move to make.

Jashobeam

damn UPS requires a signature for Bloodborne because it's an M rated game lol. No one was home to sign for it so they will try again tommorow, luckily i'm off work tommorow.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My N3DS XL charging docks came in today. Ordered three, two going to friends, to save on shipping as it was $7 for one, or $7 for half a dozen. No box for the dock, but I 'think' the 3DS XL charging dock ordered from Nintendo was the same.
I ordered a single one that I got last week and there's no box, just that bag thing.

I had the exact same type of experience once with Sony, it was some of the worst customer service I've ever had. There was a glitch with one of my PSN purchases, the details don't matter, but it was clearly a PSN issue. I was trying to explain it to a woman who, god bless her, obviously didn't know the first thing about what I was talking about. She kept insisting I do things like restart my router, etc, rudimentary fixes that I knew in my mind were so far removed from the issue that it was a waste of both our time. Then, she told me to just try contacting them in a couple days for no reason at all (clearly just hoping to pass me off to someone else), and when I explained to her "no, that's now how this works, you have my money and I want us to come to a solution right now", she literally just "hung up" on me. I was fucking furious.

It showed $59.99 for me on my PS4 too. I bought it.. downloading now. I wasn't planning on getting the game but that price point plus no tax sold me on it.
My thoughts exactly. $60 plus my $15 credit means I am downloading now.

Thanks for the alert. I saw it yesterday at $70 and said no thanks, but $60 with no tax is OK with my wallet.

Cheers

Sony isn't budging on this Bloodborne PSN credit. The rep gave me three different answers as to why she won't credit me the difference.
1) I played it already.
2) I purchased it over 30 days ago
3) It's Sony policy not to give refunds.

I'm an idiot and pre order digitally. Terrible customer service.

Top Bottom