• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Well it is Friday. You could get lucky and have it shipped on the weekend, but if you want it that bad you can buy it retail and return the sealed copy you get from Amazon.

Oh I can wait, dunno why Amazon took their time shipping it, they are usually pretty good

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I think I got am email from paypal saying I could get $10 off $50 at indigo.ca? But now I can't find that email. Did I dream this?

Is this what my dreams have become? Trying to save 10 bucks on books. How the mighty have fallen.

kinger

I think I got am email from paypal saying I could get $10 off $50 at indigo.ca? But now I can't find that email. Did I dream this?

Is this what my dreams have become? Trying to save 10 bucks on books. How the mighty have fallen.

Did you check emails from indigo too? That's where mine came from.

Alternatively you can get it here from indigo.

Tapejara

Deal

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Killzone: Mercenary (Vita) is $20. Great price, and I believe this is the first time it's gone on sale. I suggest you buy it if you're interested, as once it's sold out, it'd be hard to find for cheap again.

Killzone: Mercenary $20 Amazon BB FS

There's a few other vita games on sale like Borderlands 2 that was mentioned earlier, so check out the Vita sections if you're interested.

Thanks for the heads up! Finally managed to get a copy of The Sly Trilogy.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Oh wow, thanks! I was 95% sure I dreamed it since I never delete emails. And yet this email is gone.

And of course, I load up indigo.ca and there is the offer right there. Of course it is.

So I guess it'd be worth mentioning that FS and BB would match SuperStore's The Order price plus 10% of the difference in price. If they still have their's at the regular price...

Welp...looks like FS and BB also dropped their price to $39.

Zing

Banned
That is both hilarious and sad at the same time. Hell, the price dropped so quickly, people who bought at launch can get a price adjustment!

Am I imagining things? Or does Amazon.ca price match? I seem to remember that they do but according to Priya on chat, they don't.

They price match in the sense that they look at deals going on at competitors and often drop their price to the same. However, if they don't and you tell them that you saw the item cheaper somewhere else, they will not drop the price on your order. That's the way I understand it, I might be wrong.

$20 is my magical price point. When games hit that price, it's a buy. And yeah...The Order is $40 all over the place. Crazy.

There is even a seller on amazon selling it at CDN$ 29.99 + CDN$ 4.99 shipping...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They price match in the sense that they look at deals going on at competitors and often drop their price to the same. However, if they don't and you tell them that you saw the item cheaper somewhere else, they will not drop the price on your order. That's the way I understand it, I might be wrong.
Yeah, that's their policy.

ohlawd

the above makes no sense. ORAS isn't a straight remake of 3rd gen. advancements made ever since 3rd gen like the physical/special split introduced in 4th gen are in ORAS.

I'm thinking of grabbing a 3ds Pokemon game. Should I get Ruby/sapphire, X/y? I never played original Ruby or sapphire.

both

ORAS craps on XY and I liked the latter.

annnnnnd...got the price match.

Me: wow really? why did I think you price matched.

Me: walmart, best buy, futureshop all do.

Amazon: I'm sorry about that, if you prefer I can provide you the chat conversation for your reference. I would love to issue a refund if I had the authorization to do that but we are not authorized to issue a price match with other site.

Me: so I need to go to your competitors to make this purchase?

Amazon: In this case if you prefer you can check this with my supervisor, will that be ok?

Me: I believe you. And honestly, I'd have no clue who I would be talking to in a chat session. I could be online with the janitor and know no difference.
so price protection only counts for pre-orders?

Amazon: Thanks for your patience and understanding. The price protection includes for preorder and also if there is a price drop for the item once you have placed the order we'll surely issue you refund.

Me: amazon really should look at price matching.

Me: I'd be giving you more business today if that were the case.

Amazon: Just a moment

Amazon: As you are a valued customer I spoke to my supervisor about this issue. I'll issue you a promotional credit of $4.99 so once the order is placed it will be deducted from your order total
shall we proceed with that?

Me: sure that sounds great! thank you.

Amazon: You're welcome, Please give me a moment to add the credit.

Amazon: Thanks for waiting. I have added the credit You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout when placing an order through the Shopping Cart.

frequency

XY has more Pokemon variety and fun choices I feel though. And is better for new players. It's more modernized with stuff like the skates for quick movement rather than calling up the bike all the time.

ORAS also still has some older designs. It's updated (a remake, not a re-release) but like if you're going through the story it's not always obvious where to go. There are some SUPER long routes. Stuff like that.

Either one is fine. They're both great. I would recommend XY for newer/returning players.

ORAS if you want to get into the online community stuff though.

iirc everything is for sale and there should be someone sitting by the cashiers at a table that handles display units.

I will go back later and check. I wonder what it comes with, I presume the controller and cords? lol going to be sketchy I will let you know

iLLmAtlc

Anyone here work at Target?

I was just there and they still had a ps4 on display. I am guessing that is for sale?

50% off all vgs

The target in Coquitlam put out a sign that said the display ps4 is Sonys property and not theirs. Same deal im guessing but never hurts to ask.

Anyone aware of deals on Wii U games in Canada right now? Just getting back from travelling long-term and I need to catch up on my Wii U library.

ohlawd

fair points, frequency. XY is hella beginner friendly. points for that. RS/ORAS did suffer from poor Poke selection.

Anyone aware of deals on Wii U games in Canada right now? Just getting back from travelling long-term and I need to catch up on my Wii U library.

scope out Target

If you don't care about manuals and a red stripe on the cover art, check out refurb games on the Nintendo online store. You can get NSMB+Luigi U or 3D World for $33 plus $7 for shipping.

OR/AS is a remake of the only generation I didn't play so it'll be new to me. Still haven't picked it up though.

I'll buy The Order when it hits $18.86.

Yea I went a week or 2 ago and Bought Smash bros when it was 30% off, now its 50%!

Wow! That would be awesome. Smash Bros. is one of the games that I need to pick up.

If you don't care about manuals and a red stripe on the cover art, check out refurb games on the Nintendo online store. You can get NSMB+Luigi U or 3D World for $33 plus $7 for shipping.

Never even thought to check out Nintendo's online store. I'll have a look. Thanks!

Jashobeam

damn i'd better trade in The Order at ebgames before it drops below the bump up minimum value lol, what a forgetable game, was a decent time waster, but doubt I'd ever play it again.

jholmes

The target in Coquitlam put out a sign that said the display ps4 is Sonys property and not theirs. Same deal im guessing but never hurts to ask.

The idea that there are two Targets out there with display consoles blows my mind. The one I go to has been cut to the floorboards with all the display stuff removed and sold. What is the point of a demo PS4 anyway when the only game left is Putty Squad?

Top Bottom