• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

MarkusRJR

it is, the deal doesn't start till tomorrow through.
Where is it on the flyer? I must be blind, I swear.

Was going to attempt to price match this weekend since my SDM is so far off my bus route. They added the latest flyer to the website yet I don't see anything games related.

EDIT: Nevermind, changed store locations and it finally appeared. Apparently the first three closest stores don't sell games anymore or something.

Damn that's tempting.

For those that played it, Is it worth it for something to play through Easter weekend? Or will I finished it and be done with it Good Friday.

Well technically you could now use BB and FS and get them to price match amazon. It'll get you another 40+ cents off the total (10% of the difference in price).

Damn that's tempting.

For those that played it, Is it worth it for something to play through Easter weekend? Or will I finished it and be done with it Good Friday.

I believe it took me seven hours to get through the campaign, so yeah, if you sat down for a whole day you could finish it on Friday.

What to do, what to do...

Might have to flip a coin on this one. I really want to try this game but I'm not sure if it's worth it even at that price tag considering it's length and the fact that it's said to have a lot of forced walking sections, something I hate.

Might have to flip a coin on this one. I really want to try this game but I'm not sure if it's worth it even at that price tag considering it's length and the fact that it's said to have a lot of forced walking sections, something I hate.
You could Keep waiting, I'm sure it'll drop even further

Put it in perspective. What do you pay to go watch a movie? That only lasts you 1.5 hours (2 with trailers and end credits).

Dazzler

I can't seem to play The Order for more than 30 minutes at a time before it makes me want to go to sleep

Great way of artificially extending the life of their game

So how is Mario Party 10? I'm planning to get it tomorrow to play with my nephew. I'm wondering if this type of game is "fun" enough for a 4 yr old kid

suikodan

So how is Mario Party 10? I'm planning to get it tomorrow to play with my nephew. I'm wondering if this type of game is "fun" enough for a 4 yr old kid

My sons of 3 and 5 are having fun. Ok, the youngest has a harder learning curve but he's doing ok in the game.

Dazzler

friends,

are there any arcades or anything at Pearson in the international departures?

Transiting through on Tuesday and have five hours to kill...

Chatin

Best Buy shipped my Bloodborne on Sunday and it still hasn't arrived. In Edmonton, here. Anyone else have any delayed arrivals this week?

soultron

Banned
Grabbing TLOU PS4 bundle today from FS. So excited. Managed to nab PSN Bloodborne before it went back to 69.99, so I'm set for the weekend.

Returners

Bit of a PSA:

If you bought any of those slightly cheap $10 PSN Store Credit codes from Gamedealdaily.com and you haven't yet redeemed them, you better do it soon:

According to their website:

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-10-credit-canada/

"These codes expire on 3/31/15. Please redeem the codes before this date. Once redeemed, the PSN credit can be used at any point in time."

I guess these are the codes that came with the PS4 purchases, cause those expire on that day as well.

krae_man

Put my extra Majoras mask 3ds on kijiji at cost and said "you can have it at cost in exchange for saving me the trouble of returning it" and I still got bombarded with "will you deliver" and "hi is it still available?" *never replies again* crap.

I did find someone who dropped everything to throw money at me and was very thankful but still all those idiots.

Put my extra Majoras mask 3ds on kijiji at cost and said "you can have it at cost in exchange for saving me the trouble of returning it" and I still got bombarded with "will you deliver" and "hi is it still available?" *never replies again* crap.

I did find someone who dropped everything to throw money at me and was very thankful but still all those idiots.

Man, I'm glad I didn't end up going out of my way to buy one of those for resale. This reprint must have pissed resellers off something fierce.

zroid

Banned

lol what part of "saving me the trouble of returning it" wasn't clear?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm selling Final Fantasy X on PS2 on Kijiji. Someone called me to buy it... then called back to ask if it was the PS3 version (it clearly wasn't)... then called back yet another time to ask me if PS2 games work on PS3 (I really didn't feel like trying to figure out if he had a backward-compatible PS3).

Kijiji attracts a weird crowd.

Some people don't read. I'd have a posting asking to trade 3D World for another Wii U game and I'd get messages asking me for the games I want.

EDIT: They'd ask to buy the games I'm asking for. Sorry for the confusion.

My post:

Want to trade 3D World for Donkey Kong or Bayonetta.

Their emails:

Is Bayonetta still available

Would you take $20 for Donkey Kong

etc.

Some people don't read. I'd have a posting asking to trade 3D World for another Wii U game and I'd get messages asking me for the games I want.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation, wouldn't that be the correct question to reply to your post with? "I'm interested in your 3D World, what games are you looking for?"

IceIpor

Don't bother with display models of video game consoles / toys / dyson vacuums / lamps / baby furniture/cribs/strollers.

It's either vendor owned / cords are cut so they don't work / against the law to sell the display unit in Canada.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation, wouldn't that be the correct question to reply to your post with? "I'm interested in your 3D World, what games are you looking for?"

If he had any specifics, I am sure he would put them in his listing. He was probably just wanting to see if he was interested in anything people offered.

ohlawd

geez man anyone who plans to buy Order 1886 for 35 bucks and not return it after finishing is a straight fool. that shit has 20 or even 10 bucks, a way deeper cut than 35, written on everyone's beard.

Xenoflare

Toukiden Kiwami appreanrly comes out at EB Games on April 1st. But the street date is March 31st.

Even the clerk who handled my preorder remarked on how it's weird for it not being a Tuesday launch. What are my chances if I went there and try to pick up on next Tuesday?

ohlawd

Toukiden Kiwami appreanrly comes out at EB Games on April 1st. But the street date is March 31st.

Even the clerk who handled my preorder remarked on how it's weird for it not being a Tuesday launch. What are my chances if I went there and try to pick up on next Tuesday?
call and ask next Tuesday. honestly, I think your chances are hella low. if the site says the 1st, then it's the 1st. it's even worse when the game sees an extended delay cuz lolcanadajokecountry and it lands on the 2nd then the 3rd, so on

iphys

I'm selling Final Fantasy X on PS2 on Kijiji. Someone called me to buy it... then called back to ask if it was the PS3 version (it clearly wasn't)... then called back yet another time to ask me if PS2 games work on PS3 (I really didn't feel like trying to figure out if he had a backward-compatible PS3).

Kijiji attracts a weird crowd.

I never give out my number in the kijiji ads, because who wants crazy people having any of your personal information to harass you. They don't even get your e-mail address unless you respond to their online messages, so I just ignore all the crazy messages and ridiculous offers and respond to the people that have a clue.

i-Jest

So, I bought Xenoblade Chronicles on release day and played it for about two weeks. Never touched it after that and sold it last year. Now, I want to try it again.

Anyone know where I could pick up a new or used copy in the GTA? I see some on Kijiji but they are long distance. Price is not an issue, but driving for an hour to pick up is.

Yes, it appears there was the original print run, then the infamous reprint later (which GameStop opened and sold as "used"), and now retailers have virtually unlimited copies of the sealed game which are part of another reprint that has no manual, just the warning booklet.

I sold my preorder copy with art book for $80 on GAF a long time ago. I had burned myself out by doing every single side quest in the first town. I won't make that same mistake again.

If anyone has a copy to trade, I have a mint sealed North American
Marth Amiibo

Is this an option? http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/index.jsp

Top Bottom