• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I got a $20 off any game at $59.99 or above from buying the Mario Party 10 Mario Amiibo bundle from Future Shop last week. The coupon couldn't be used until March 27 and I had planned to go yesterday to buy Bloodborne with it. But the store was closed as we all know.

Any chance Best Buy will honour it? The coupon expires April 30.

There are no Best Buys in town here and the Future Shop that is here has been confirmed to be turning into a BB opening next Saturday. Chances I'll be able to use the coupon next Saturday?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
FYI - a lot of people were unaware but Child of Light got a physical retail release on Vita on March 24. I took a look and EBgames.ca still stock some in my city but I think stock on this may be limited. It's $24.99 (I picked it up as I don't do digital but it's got that $5 Canadian tax on it sadly)

Ventara

I got a $20 off any game at $59.99 or above from buying the Mario Party 10 Mario Amiibo bundle from Future Shop last week. The coupon couldn't be used until March 27 and I had planned to go yesterday to buy Bloodborne with it. But the store was closed as we all know.

There are no Best Buys in town here and the Future Shop that is here has been confirmed to be turning into a BB opening next Saturday. Chances I'll be able to use the coupon next Saturday?

I'd say pretty good, but you won't know for sure until you try it. If you do, let us know how it goes.

FYI - a lot of people were unaware but Child of Light got a physical retail release on Vita on March 24. I took a look and EBgames.ca still stock some in my city but I think stock on this may be limited. It's $24.99 (I picked it up as I don't do digital but it's got that $5 Canadian tax on it sadly)

Thanks for posting! I was waiting for this, but was only checking Amazon. Should've checked EB as well. Anyways, $5 extra isn't too bad, so I'll pick up a copy.

Edit: Nevermind

I have the same coupon which I was planning to use to get Mortal Kombat X in two weeks. Report back and let us know if Best Buy honours it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I was at the FutureShop on St. James Street (Winnipeg) and they had 'The Walking Dead: Season One' on Vita for $9.99

Also Toys R Us had Lumines on sale for $9.99 as well. Not sure if the latter is a good price or not, but figured I would mention it.

Hey, thanks for mentioning that Lumines price. Went to pick it up today, been wanting it physical for a while and 10 bucks works for me.

Right on.

Harusame

I got to work my last shift at Target as my store closes tomorrow (Maple Ridge). It was definitely a moment of melancholy in the beginning, however it was through working with friends and co-workers that made it enjoyable to say the least. Hopefully I can acquire a job once my finals are over in April.

Not much in terms of games left, as much of the remaining stock is shovelware for the 3DS and what not, but I did see some stuff such as Monster Hunter Tri and Tomodachi Life for those interested. Now would be best time to buy any remaining fixtures for those interested as they are most likely discounted. Cabinets and shelving for those wanting to display games and amiibo. Office chairs going for $35, as opposed to $50, and so on. Just keep in mind that each store may vary on their pricing. Still plenty of batteries (with a majority of them consisting of AAA batteries) and clothing around.

soultron

Banned
If you wait, you can probably find a 980 on sale for ~650. I grabbed mine from CC (price match) when NCIX dropped it 660 last month.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Purolator through Toys'R'Us?

I ordered a bunch of amiibo from Toys'R'Us and unfortunately won't be able to be in town to receive them due to travel. Have a friend staying at my place, but not sure if that will be a problem or not. Hoping they'll allow him to receive them.

Also, if they get sent back to Toys'R'Us, I lose the sale price I bought them at, right?

jholmes

I ordered a bunch of amiibo from Toys'R'Us and unfortunately won't be able to be in town to receive them due to travel. Have a friend staying at my place, but not sure if that will be a problem or not. Hoping they'll allow him to receive them.

Also, if they get sent back to Toys'R'Us, I lose the sale price I bought them at, right?

You could ask Purolator yourself as they somewhat inexplicably are GAFfers.

As to having dealt with them through Toys 'R' Us, I in fact did a while back when I bought some
amiibos
. I immortalized that experience in the following cartoon:

purolator.gif

You could ask Purolator yourself as they somewhat inexplicably are GAFfers.

As to having dealt with them through Toys 'R' Us, I in fact did a while back when I bought some
amiibos
. I immortalized that experience in the following cartoon:

purolator.gif

Hahaha perfect! So, I could have a fun experience ahead then. I've e-mailed them but have yet to hear a response, so who knows. Hoping it all works out, as the amiibos were a great price.

tiijj

From my experience, they usually ask for an id and ask whoever's home to sign but I can't say if they will allow it if the last name is not the same (Im pretty sure they will allow it) coz the only experience I had is when a family member was home and signed for it. If they can't deliver it when you're friend's not there (or you know, they just ring the bell once then just leave the paper lol), they will bring it to their facility where you (or your friend) can pick it up. You have 5 business days to get it. If you can't you can contact them and have it extended. I did it on my last package. I chatted with someone online and asked if they can extend it and it got extended for me.

As for toys r us, I ordered some amiibo's from them as well (coz it was on sale LOL) and I have to say I was unlucky. The guys at TRU didn't put any packing material so the amiibo's were loose inside. One or two of them are almost open (bent on the top cardboard).

I hope you get yours safe and sound, also damage free.

From my experience, they usually ask for an id and ask whoever's home to sign but I can't say if they will allow it if the last name is not the same (Im pretty sure they will allow it) coz the only experience I had is when a family member was home and signed for it. If they can't deliver it when you're friend's not there (or you know, they just ring the bell once then just leave the paper lol), they will bring it to their facility where you (or your friend) can pick it up. You have 5 business days to get it. If you can't you can contact them and have it extended. I did it on my last package. I chatted with someone online and asked if they can extend it and it got extended for me.

As for toys r us, I ordered some amiibo's from them as well (coz it was on sale LOL) and I have to say I was unlucky. The guys at TRU didn't put any packing material so the amiibo's were loose inside. One or two of them are almost open (bent on the top cardboard).

I hope you get yours safe and sound, also damage free.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. My friend does not have the same last name as I do, so I'm going to guess that that may be a problem. I'm happy to hear that you were able to chat with someone online and have the package left at the facility for an extended period of time. I won't be home until April 14th, so I may have to go this route.

Thanks for the well wishes. I sure hope that I receive everything damage free!

tiijj

Thank you so much for the detailed response. My friend does not have the same last name as I do, so I'm going to guess that that may be a problem. I'm happy to hear that you were able to chat with someone online and have the package left at the facility for an extended period of time. I won't be home until April 14th, so I may have to go this route.

Thanks for the well wishes. I sure hope that I receive everything damage free!

I'm pretty sure they will release it to your friend but in case they don't you can ask for an extension. I even asked twice lol. With the 5 business days and the two extension I believe it was there for around 3-4 weeks.

I'm pretty sure they will release it to your friend but in case they don't you can ask for an extension. I even asked twice lol. With the 5 business days and the two extension I believe it was there for around 3-4 weeks.

That's fantastic news about the extension! It's good to know that there's a backup plan if they won't release it to my friend. Hopefully the folks at the Winnipeg facility won't mind a few things hanging out there for an extra couple weeks. I really don't want to have it all sent back and miss out on the fantastic deals Toys'R'Us had on amiibos recently.

ovii

Anyone ever dealt with someone steal your packages when UPS leaves them at the front door? Apparently Mario Party and Bloodborne was delivered.

Madouu

For purolator, the last time I conctacted them for a missed delivery, they offered to schedule a second delivery for when I was available.

ElNino

Anyone old enough to remember the old Futureshop at that location before that building went up? The one that was so tiny and cramped? I think this FS closing basically spells the end of the old Yonge Street entirely. Crazy.
Yep, I worked near by and went to that store many times.
Yeah, that's the one. I barely remember what else was on that side of the street now though... it's been so long since I thought of Yonge and Dundas pre Dundas Square.
How can you forget about Zanzibar? ;-)

I am curious of how this was deployed.

I can't imagine that store management knew as I am sure something would have leaked out. District management must have known and brought all of the signage to the store the morning of the closings. And Corporate must have had a tight leash on the whole thing with only a few people knowing.

Anyone know how long Costco.ca takes to send you digital codes via email? I ordered a PS+ sub online yesterday and haven't received my code yet

Anyone know how long Costco.ca takes to send you digital codes via email? I ordered a PS+ sub online yesterday and haven't received my code yet

Xbox codes got to me within 4 hours, ordered a couple of weeks ago. Last holiday season, took overnight (maybe 6-12 hours?).

Make sure you add them to your safe senders list in email. And check you junk mail and promotion folder.

Qwyjibo

Anyone ever dealt with someone steal your packages when UPS leaves them at the front door? Apparently Mario Party and Bloodborne was delivered.
Strange. UPS NEVER just leaves stuff at my door like Canada Post does. Even a single video game they could just throw in my mail slot, they don't. I either have to be there to pick it up or it goes to a UPS store.

Magnus

I nabbed four PS+ 1yr cards two Boxing Days ago for $30 each. Felt good man.

I'm hoping another deal like that happens before I use my remaining two by 2017! lol

ElNino

Strange. UPS NEVER just leaves stuff at my door like Canada Post does. Even a single video game they could just throw in my mail slot, they don't. I either have to be there to pick it up or it goes to a UPS store.
It really depends on the driver. Mine safe drops everything, even for things I would rather he didn't.

They typically ring the dorbell then run back to the truck. Occasionally I will make it to the door quick enough to at least waive to him before he leaves, but usually he is gone.

UPS left my Majora's Mask 3DSXL in between my doors :S That's super sketchy for that for sure but at least I got it I suppose.

I've had UPS just drop stuff off on my front porch, out in the country. I don't like it. They'll also sometimes put a game in the mailbox then leave. (I'm referring to an antique mailbox beside the door, as our actual mailbox is a mile away.)

curb

Banned
I don't usually have issues with Fedex or Canada Post but I've had UPS leave expensive packages with the neighbor which just blows my mind. It worked out fine because they left it with our "good" neighbor but if they had left it at the house on our other side I don't know what would have happened.

I don't usually have issues with Fedex or Canada Post but I've had UPS leave expensive packages with the neighbor which just blows my mind. It worked out fine because they left it with our "good" neighbor but if they had left it at the house on our other side I don't know what would have happened.

That's horribly unprofessional. Who knows what could've happened to them.

mdubs

Banned
Wow, Walmart is getting rid of site wide free shipping, now need to order above $50 to get free shipping. Looks like I'm done ordering from them

Wow, Walmart is getting rid of site wide free shipping, now need to order above $50 to get free shipping. Looks like I'm done ordering from them

That's crazy.

I should double check to see if my Interstellar shipped for free. Edit: It's fine. I guess this will be on everything going forward.

That's really shitty.

curb

Banned
That's horribly unprofessional. Who knows what could've happened to them.

I know. I was rather pissed. If I didn't complain, I should have. I don't remember if I did though since it was a few years ago. UPS shipping always makes me wary now as a result.

i-Jest

My TV just die.

Any tips on a new one?

1000$ max ius my budget.

I want to say look into the 32-40 inch televisions Toshiba is currently offering. I haven't done this type of shopping in a while so I don't know where to really start.

Keep an eye on sites like Tiger Direct, New Egg, Memory Express, Visions.ca, Single Electronics, and CDW Canada.

zroid

Banned

Just saw that. Damn that sucks. $50 is too much.

edit: looks like ship to store or pickup location will still be free, thank goodness

ovii

Update on the stolen packages. I waited till the morning because I wanted to ask any of my friends or neighbors if they picked up my packages. So far, none of them. I liked that UPS dropped stuff at the front door, because I didn't think a package being stolen wasnt going to happen.

Top Bottom