• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

N° 2048

Need a Canadian PSN user to check something for me, as soon as you're able please:

1. Is Powers, the TV series, up right now for streaming, and how many episodes are available? And is it visible if you have Plus, and if you don't?
2. If not, are individual episodes available for purchase? (whether you're on Plus or not)

I'm asking because of word-of-mouth today that Powers is up on the Canadian PSN, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think a colleague of mine accessed it via the US ip address at his workplace and doesn't know what he's talking about, but just double-checking.

Can't see Powers at all on PSN. Plus member here.

i-Jest

Need a Canadian PSN user to check something for me, as soon as you're able please:

1. Is Powers, the TV series, up right now for streaming, and how many episodes are available? And is it visible if you have Plus, and if you don't?
2. If not, are individual episodes available for purchase? (whether you're on Plus or not)

I'm asking because of word-of-mouth today that Powers is up on the Canadian PSN, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think a colleague of mine accessed it via the US ip address at his workplace and doesn't know what he's talking about, but just double-checking.

Can't see Powers at all on PSN. Plus member here.

I think the CRTC has something to do with why it's not streaming on the Canadian side of PSN. A shame really but I guess I'll just have to watch it on some website when I have the time for it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
It's crazy that the dollar has dropped 15 cents in just 1/2 a year.

It's pretty crazy. I bought a New 3DS last week and thought it was way too expensive at $230, but in fact, if we got the US price ($200 USD) it would cost $250 CAD... I wonder if games/consoles prices will keep going up. $80 is already ludicrous...

I'm sure companies are losing lot of money because people are reducing their videogames spending, but at the same time if they reverted back the prices to $60, US gamers would import crazy cheap (for them) games from Canada, so I can see why publishers don't wanna do that...

What a shitty situation. Good thing I have a huge backlog and PS+ (don't you raise the price on that, Sony...).

Target had copies of Sunset Overdrive (great game) and Disney Fantasia for Xbox One, for 80% off. Sunset was listed at $64.99, whereas Fantasia Evolved was listed at $49.99, I think.

jholmes

I think the CRTC has something to do with why it's not streaming on the Canadian side of PSN. A shame really but I guess I'll just have to watch it on some website when I have the time for it.

I doubt that. If it's true Sony should just come out and say it because the CRTC is the one that looks like the bad guy then.

soultron

Banned
Shipping question regarding Amazon.

I ordered an item on Monday morning, with 2-day shipping.
Not seeing an email saying the item had shipped today, even at 10 PM, I decided to cancel the order and simply pick it up in a store.
15 minutes later I finally get the shipping email. Now I'm like, "cool, I hope it actually makes it here now, I'd love to keep it from Amazon." Now I'm wondering if I can I undo my cancelation now that it's finally shipped.
Amazon support was kind of unhelpful; I don't think the support rep really understood what was happening or what I was asking. He simply said not to worry, it'd arrive tomorrow at the address specified.

So, what happens now? Will the charge on my CC only be reverted if I return the item, providing it's not re-routed back to Amazon before it arrives?

Or does it simply arrive and I keep the item, and the CC charge remains? This is what I'm hoping for.

Kyolux

So, what happens now? Will the charge on my CC only be reverted if I return the item, providing it's not re-routed back to Amazon before it arrives?

Or does it simply arrive and I keep the item, and the CC charge remains? This is what I'm hoping for.

It should stay charged, and you'll receive it.

Firestorm

NOOOOO

I tried to redeem my NSMB from the Mario Kart promo today and found out the code expired 6 months ago :( I never saw that in the promo. My order confirmation had nothing about an expiry date :(

chrono01

Shipping question regarding Amazon.

I ordered an item on Monday morning, with 2-day shipping.
Not seeing an email saying the item had shipped today, even at 10 PM, I decided to cancel the order and simply pick it up in a store.
15 minutes later I finally get the shipping email. Now I'm like, "cool, I hope it actually makes it here now, I'd love to keep it from Amazon." Now I'm wondering if I can I undo my cancelation now that it's finally shipped.
Amazon support was kind of unhelpful; I don't think the support rep really understood what was happening or what I was asking. He simply said not to worry, it'd arrive tomorrow at the address specified.

I've had a similar thing happen, only with Amazon.com.

I pre-ordered the CE of Bloodborne several months back [before it was made available in Canada], but forgot to cancel it after I managed an order within Canada. I found out the pre-order still existed after it was charged/read to be shipped, so I quickly contacted them. They told me that it was too late in the shipping process to cancel [I even tried online chat support], but that they would give me an advance refund and for me to refuse delivery [which I couldn't, since it came via Canada Post and they simply dropped it in my mailbox] or send it back to them when I received it. Despite this, it took over a day after this communication for the game to ship out, so I'm pretty sure they could have stopped the shipment from being sent in the first place.

Anyway, I received the package today [surprise, just placed in my mailbox], so now I'm supposed to print off a return label, go to the post office, fill out the proper documentation, and send it away to receive a refund I've already received. To make matters worse, the bubble envelope the game came in was torn [thankfully, the game was undamaged] so now I also need to find a box small enough for the game to fit in.

I'm almost tempted to just keep the game, gift it to a friend, and be done with it. If they want to re-charge for the item that's fine, but I really don't want to go through the process of sending away an item [especially considering they only refunded me for the base amount and NOT the shipping cost], and probably be out additional money for having it mailed back.

I realize it was my mistake for not cancelling it earlier, but I did contact them prior to having it sent out and it's not as though it was immediately shipped afterwards. I even asked them to request a "courier return" [something the Amazon chat rep suggested], but they didn't want to do it. Apparently, it was easier on them if I was the one handling everything.

So yeah, I'm still thinking about what I should do.

NOOOOO

I tried to redeem my NSMB from the Mario Kart promo today and found out the code expired 6 months ago :( I never saw that in the promo. My order confirmation had nothing about an expiry date :(

oh dear. yeah, i think there was even a massive Gaf thread warning people about the expiry date.

kinger

Location?

I think they mean the Surrey Centre, BC Target? Last day's tomorrow so games were 80% off today, may be more tomorrow if there's anything left.

I did see quite a few copies of Fantasia at ~4pm today, but didn't notice Sunset Overdrive, though I could have missed it.

ohlawd

I think they mean the Surrey Centre, BC Target? Last day's tomorrow so games were 80% off today, may be more tomorrow if there's anything left.

I did see quite a few copies of Fantasia at ~4pm today, but didn't notice Sunset Overdrive, though I could have missed it.
I was there earlier. my dumb ass didn't think to go downstairs.

Aerocia

That amazon.com april fools joke got me. I thought you had linked to some spam site.

Ok, that Amazon dash thing is a good joke too.

Well the thing is.. I wasn't joking. It really was up for pre-order lol. Not sure how you thought it was spam. I was on mobile if that helps? :p

CRA5H

https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do;jsessionid=395CB6281ECBB035BAD512E0CF622569

Edit: Loading slow by the way due to everyone probably trying to log in at once. I've been meaning to get Tropical Freeze so I'll take it.
Nice! Here's the full list:

Platinum Rewards:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
Punch-Out!! (Wii U)
Pushmo World (Wii U)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U)
Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)

Gold Rewards

Crashmo (3DS)
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (3DS)
Pushmo (3DS)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (3DS)
Advance Wars (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U)
Metroid Fusion (Wii U)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Wii U)
Super Mario Kart (Wii U)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! (Wii U)
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U)

I'm debating between Mario Kart 7, Mario Golf: World Tour, or DKTF. These are all still in print right?

theRizzle

My copy of Bloodborne shipped on the 20th and I still haven't received it. It's been sitting in Winnipeg since the 23rd apparently. That is quite a long time and highly abnormal, even for mail to Nunavut.

DVCY201

Gah, I like physical copies and all the good Platinum stuff I plan on picking up eventually. Maybe I'll get Yoshi's New Island then, I know it didn't get great reviews so I don't mind owning that digitally.

That's a pretty decent Platinum selection. I have all the ones I really want though, and redeeming it on something less than full price feels...wrong haha. NES Remix 2 on Wii U, that's not all of them is it? Hmm... Maybe Yoshi's Island? I kind of wanted to play that.

Megasoum

Banned
I only have Gold so I'm hesitating between Advance Wars and Metroid Fusion.

I think I'll go for Advance War since 1-I'm playing Axiom right now and 2-I'm planning on getting Super Metroid with my coins anyway.

Harusame

I have platinum, and I don't know whether to go with Pushmo World or NES Remix 2. I mostly have the other games listed except Advance Wars and Mario Party: Island Tour.

Top Bottom