• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

jholmes

Anyone ever dealt with someone steal your packages when UPS leaves them at the front door? Apparently Mario Party and Bloodborne was delivered.

That happened to me. I told Amazon and they replaced the items free of charge and finally stopped getting UPS to deliver me stuff. I called them a half-dozen times telling them to not safe drop in my neighbourhood.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Walmart is getting rid of site wide free shipping, now need to order above $50 to get free shipping. Looks like I'm done ordering from them

Wow. Buying stuff in Canada is becoming very shitty, very quickly...

Futureshop's free AC4/BF4 and "trade 4 old games for a 3DSXL" seem so far away now...

Megasoum

Banned
God damn shitty Canadian Dollar...

I want to buy a new rim for my Thrustmaster TX Wheel. Afaik the only place where I can buy those is on Amazon.com.

The rim is 150$ + 12$ Shipping + 22$ custom deposit.... Not bad...

Then it gets converted to CDN and it's suddenly 240$.... God dammit...arghhhhhhhh This is pissing me off.

Walmart_zpsfg9kfkqb.jpg

So...

1) Order what you want

2) Top it off with whatever you need to hit that threshold

3) Return said filler to your local store for a refund.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Walmart_zpsfg9kfkqb.jpg

So...

1) Order what you want

That's really fucking annoying. That's one of the reasons why I ordered online from Walmart over other places like Amazon, but now I have no reason to.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep, I worked near by and went to that store many times.
How can you forget about Zanzibar? ;-)
Oh, Zanzibar. lol
I guess further north, I assume some of those older stores that aren't so bright and shiny are there. The pizza place and 401 convenience. Although I haven't actually been to Gerrard and Yonge in ages, come to think of it.

Walmart_zpsfg9kfkqb.jpg

So...

1) Order what you want

I assume you'd only want to do that for Amiibos then, since if you're going to go to the store anyway... lol

I never understood how they could do free shipping though. But I'm surprised they didn't match the Amazon threshold, unless Amazon is planning to change to 50 soon too.

Walmart_zpsfg9kfkqb.jpg

So...

1) Order what you want

And this is part of the reason why they implemented a threshold in the first place. I suppose all the people buying $1 Kraft dinners with free shipping didn't help either.

Amazon has $25 for free shipping but returns have to be shipped back and small items fall into an "Add-on Item" category.

DJ_Lae

Not surprised Walmart changed it - it does surprise me it took so long. That and I expected them to be around $25, which is what non-prime Amazon and Best Buy and Toys R Us and other sites use as a minimum.

Gravidee

And this is part of the reason why they implemented a threshold in the first place. I suppose all the people buying $1 Kraft dinners with free shipping didn't help either.

Amazon has $25 for free shipping but returns have to be shipped back and small items fall into an "Add-on Item" category.

Maybe they should have made the threshhold at $10 or something then. There's really no reason for me to get stuff on the website now when BB and Amazon have a $25 minimum as opposed to $50.

Luigi87

Yay, Story of Seasons shipped! I am so stoked for this game. Haven't played a Harvest Moon in ages.

Ditto. Last one I played was Sunshine Islands.

... Think I'll play this one fairly blind. Usually I end up looking things up, but get bored of the games, likely due to lack of self accomplishment.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I am curious of how this was deployed.

I can't imagine that store management knew as I am sure something would have leaked out. District management must have known and brought all of the signage to the store the morning of the closings. And Corporate must have had a tight leash on the whole thing with only a few people knowing.
I read on reddit when I was looking for a list of store re-brands (before I knew the store locator on BB.ca worked) and someone said district managers knew 2 days before and most store managers didn't find out until the night before or the morning of.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here who still hasn't got the Smash Bros CD? I got my confirmation email btw.

kinger

Friendly reminder that today is the last day to exchange DDP points for e-shop credit codes

And / or

Last day to register Club Nintendo codes for points,

In case anyone left it until the last minute (like me :))

mdubs

Banned
For anyone looking to buy Story of Seasons today, Toysrus has it up for order and you can use the cineplexholiday promo code for $10 off (pretax). Code expires today though

How long has it been up for? I searched for it before, but for some damn reason it's listed as Senran Kag 2: Deep Crim Dd Edt, and not by something resembling the actual title.

That's what I found. For some reasons amazon likes to misspell SK, same thing happened with SKV

Magnus

Need a Canadian PSN user to check something for me, as soon as you're able please:

1. Is Powers, the TV series, up right now for streaming, and how many episodes are available? And is it visible if you have Plus, and if you don't?
2. If not, are individual episodes available for purchase? (whether you're on Plus or not)

I'm asking because of word-of-mouth today that Powers is up on the Canadian PSN, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think a colleague of mine accessed it via the US ip address at his workplace and doesn't know what he's talking about, but just double-checking.

Need a Canadian PSN user to check something for me, as soon as you're able please:

1. Is Powers, the TV series, up right now for streaming, and how many episodes are available? And is it visible if you have Plus, and if you don't?
2. If not, are individual episodes available for purchase? (whether you're on Plus or not)

I'm asking because of word-of-mouth today that Powers is up on the Canadian PSN, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think a colleague of mine accessed it via the US ip address at his workplace and doesn't know what he's talking about, but just double-checking.

Don't see nothing.

Top Bottom