• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

You did the right thing.

I love Anchorman 2.
sweet. it's one of those dvd blu-ray UV from the sun sets. why is this a thing anyway. I've seen the first but completely forgot all about it. wanted the first one to so I can rewatch it but only the DVD was available. it was only two bucks tho...

iLLmAtlc

Except that's not true... this is $47 USD.

True but it's not like we buy stuff in USD here. If we are asking who pays more I think it makes more sense to ask how much does $75 buy in Canada vs $60 in US? Cost of living here is also way higher so I dunno if that comparison would just be equal.

vulva

Lucky if you are paid in USD then, I suppose.
Kinda missing his point. Dude said the special offer is to pay the same price as the US. My man corrected him that it's not the same price. Not sure why people are struggling with the concept that different countries with different economies will have different currency values.

sweet. it's one of those dvd blu-ray UV from the sun sets. why is this a thing anyway. I've seen the first but completely forgot all about it. wanted the first one to so I can rewatch it but only the DVD was available. it was only two bucks tho...

I have a ton of those UV things. I should sell them in the B/S/T thread. They make like $2-$5 a code.

a916

Kinda missing his point. Dude said the special offer is to pay the same price as the US. My man corrected him that it's not the same price. Not sure why people are struggling with the concept that different countries with different economies will have different currency values.

That's what I was going for.

vulva

What are you all realistically willing to pay (before taxes) for new released games?

Realistically I'd drop something like 120 bucks on a game I really really want to play and have the time for. The problem is that gaming just doesn't interest me much anymore, and even when games do interest me I barely have the time for them. I could only see myself dropping that kinda ched on Street Fighter 5.

Actually, for SF5 I've already dropped over 200 bucks on a stick for PS4, plus I'll pay whatever the game costs.

BadHand

What are you all realistically willing to pay (before taxes) for new released games?

If I had not pre-ordered FFXV and MGSV TPP already, I would begrudgingly pay $80 plus tax for them.

I typically buy physical games for $40 that I know I want and $20 for games I'm willing to take a risk on.

terrible

Banned

Yeah but our average wages are similar enough that $60 CAD hurts our wallets about the same even if our dollar is technically worth less. That's why there's a lot of moaning I'd guess.

Games I am excited for and will actually play I'll get for $60. Stuff like Battlefield games, Mortal Kombat X in a few weeks, I'd get those games at $60. I'm not paying $60 for MGSV, but I totally would if I didn't get the Amazon E3 screw up deal.

Everything else depends on the games themselves. I generally just wait for reviews.

Street Fighter V is 59.99$ on Amazon.ca. I pre-ordered it, who knows what will happen and if we'll get E3 deals... I know it's that price over at EB too, but they do not price guarantee.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

$60 Many Nintendo games, less than a handful of other titles throughout the year
$40 Some bigger games I have interest in, but I'm not going crazy over not having
$20 A lot of PC titles that I know will drop to this price range in time. Sometimes a very short amount of time.
$10 or less Minor titles that strike my interest. eShop, Steam, PSN sales, Humble Bundles.

People including myself are struggling with that because our wages didn't go up the same percentage prices did! That's baiscally what's up with this topic and that's why people will always and rightfully complain! Hope Harper and his band of thieves get kicked out sooner than later!

vulva

People including myself are struggling with that because our wages didn't go up the same percentage prices did! That's baiscally what's up with this topic and that's why people will always and rightfully complain! Hope Harper and his band of thieves get kicked out sooner than later!
Why would wages go up when the dollar has dropped?

Banned
$59.99 for must haves (usually nintendo exclusives and BioWare games)
$49.99 for AAA titles I'm anticipating (Batman, etc)
$29.99 annualized titles or Remasters (Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider DE, Metro Redux, etc).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Consoles:
$60 for the stuff I look forward to
$20 for physical impulse-buys
up to $15 for digital games I look forward to

Handhelds:
$40 for the stuff I look forward to
up to $20 for digital games I look forward to

PC:
<$10 for everything, the backlog is too big

Kiro

Gonna need me that Limited Edition Fire Emblem IF whenever it comes up. Someone keep me informed? Thanks ol chaps

Kiro

3 stories? What? What is this beast, I've not heard of this LE

The Nintendo Direct (I think JP) said the game will have two different paths. You buy one as the game, unlock the other as DLC and then there is a third storyline as well as DLC. And there is an LE you can get (hopefully in NA) that comes with all 3.

Give it to me.

The Nintendo Direct (I think JP) said the game will have two different paths. You buy one as the game, unlock the other as DLC and then there is a third storyline as well as DLC. And there is an LE you can get (hopefully in NA) that comes with all 3.

Give it to me.

I...I don't just choose one of two paths at the beginning?

It doesn't quite work like that. See, I work for a company with employees all over the world. Let say I do something that has a positive impact on the company bottom line and I receive a small monetary reward for it. The executive who gives me the money is in the US. I do not receive US money. That's not considered fair because that could be worth a lot if I was in a country with a weak currency. So instead I'm given some points. The points don't convert based on the exchange rates but rather based on the relative cost of items--let's say big macs. Good job SC, here's 17 big macs...

daftstar

Standard bundle seems to be $400, but I think it's going back to $450 tomorrow.

Standard AK bundle shows up as $500. I read somewhere that Sony was testing the waters with lowering the TLoU bundle to $399 for this past week. I doubt they'll consider keeping that the standard price though.

It's a shame that we're reduced to paying $100 extra for the same thing plus 1 game.

mdubs

Banned
Amazon.ca has the LE Arkham Knight bundle now.

It's fucking $550. I was so hyped for it and now I'm deflated as hell. Even the standard bundle is $500. Unbelievable.

Party like it's 2006!

sony-e3-2006-599-usd.jpg

vulva

It doesn't quite work like that. See, I work for a company with employees all over the world. Let say I do something that has a positive impact on the company bottom line and I receive a small monetary reward for it. The executive who gives me the money is in the US. I do not receive US money. That's not considered fair because that could be worth a lot if I was in a country with a weak currency. So instead I'm given some points. The points don't convert based on the exchange rates but rather based on the relative cost of items--let's say big macs. Good job SC, here's 17 big macs...
What does your company's reward system have to do with how 60 CAD isn't equal to 60 USD?

Top Bottom