• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Question for people who have ordered on Shop.ca before

So as of recent, have they been good at delivering games day one? Right now I'm trying to decide between just getting the game digitally on PS4, or just getting it off Shop.ca for $59 shipped but I really want it on day one.

Question for people who have ordered on Shop.ca before

So as of recent, have they been good at delivering games day one? Right now I'm trying to decide between just getting the game digitally on PS4, or just getting it off Shop.ca for $59 shipped but I really want it on day one.

I get everything from them day one.

They ship UPS if that is an issue.

Qwyjibo

I pre-ordered both Bloodborne and MLB 15 from Shop.ca and both were delivered on release day by UPS in the early evening (around 6pm).

Given all the coupons always floating around for Shop.ca, it might become my go-to for pre-orders.

Aske

Are there any deals for PS+ around, or should I just suck it up and resubscribe on the PSN store? Been putting it off because there haven't been any free games I've wanted, but I feel a need to play some online Xrd.

Picked up Captain Toad with PC Plus points. Came to $10 with tax. Looks like my dinner table is going to be subsidizing my living room from here on out!

Got Mario Gold World Tour from Club Nintendo. Checked the DLC and the season pass is $20.65 or something. It's $15 in the US. Ugh.

Both NES Remixes also went up in price on the eShop, they're 18.49 now, they used to be 16.49 last time I checked... I hope it doesn't trickle down to the virtual console, they seems protected for the time being... but I doubt it will last...

Ventara

So I need to preorder Xenoblade that's coming out this Friday. What's the best deal I can get for it other than full price?

Welcome back, Best Buy. (The former FS that weren't shut down should reopen today as BB). Is there a primer on the GCU plan for Canada? Worth it?

zroid

Banned
Both NES Remixes also went up in price on the eShop, they're 18.49 now, they used to be 16.49 last time I checked... I hope it doesn't trickle down to the virtual console, they seems protected for the time being... but I doubt it will last...
yeesh

well box boy was only 10% more at least...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Welcome back, Best Buy. (The former FS that weren't shut down should reopen today as BB). Is there a primer on the GCU plan for Canada? Worth it?
There is no GCU in Canada.

Hmm, I'll have to do the same thing two in the next month, my CC is expiring.

Hope everything will be fine.
I'm hoping that the BB CS people, which is the same as the FS CS people, have access to FS orders. I should give them a call.

zeitgeist

So for some reason I have Xbox money expiring so I am planning to grab DA:I since it's on sale this week.

Does anyone know if the marketplace charges tax in Canada? Its been ages since I've bought anything off of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So for some reason I have Xbox money expiring so I am planning to grab DA:I since it's on sale this week.

Does anyone know if the marketplace charges tax in Canada? Its been ages since I've bought anything off of it.
Yeah, I believe it does if you pay with money. If you pay with credit (like from that GS promotion at the summer) then it doesn't.

While you guys are talking about eshop price increases, am I crazy for thinking they lowered some game prices? Like some full retail 3DS games are back to $39.99.

On the flip side, they seem to have raised the prices of 3DS themes, they're all $2.50 now

zeitgeist

Yeah, I believe it does if you pay with money. If you pay with credit (like from that GS promotion at the summer) then it doesn't.

Oh okay. So it looks like my money is expiring because it used to be MS points and they all expire in June... so since it was transferred into money, there should be tax for the whole thing I guess right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh okay. So it looks like my money is expiring because it used to be MS points and they all expire in June... so since it was transferred into money, there should be tax for the whole thing I guess right?
I think that should count as promotional credit, since "real" money doesn't expire IIRC. I believe it should tell you when you try to spend it though.

Ah. I thought there was some kind of weaker version. Maybe that was years ago?
Yeah, the free reward zone thing is their equivalent. Notice that if you have a problem with the program, you get directed to the American CS though.
---

Just FYI, the BestBuy people can handle FS orders using the same order numbers. It leads me to think that they'll just keep the FS order system up indefinitely since they probably don't need to change it anymore... or at least, hopefully, for the sake of a lot of my far off preorders.

Funny enough, if you call the old FS 1-800 number, it directs to the BestBuy number... complete with the same damn hold music.

I think it's taxable, yes, but don't quote me on that.

I think that should count as promotional credit, since "real" money doesn't expire IIRC. I believe it should tell you when you try to spend it though.

For anyone else who's curious, you can actually see when your post-transition credits expire at https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/PaymentInstrument

Ventara

A fellow scarberian! Lol. Unfortunately the pizza pizza walk in sales (5-7 bucks) are the best deal I think

Yeah, that's what I usually go with, but I'm so sick of their plain cheese pizza. I went with their $16.99 XL 3 topping + 3 drinks with Cineplex B1G1 movie coupon.

espher

Has the BB site been wonky all day? I see PSTV Lego bundle for $60, and I want it, but the page isn't loading fully. :/

I have that PSTV bundle sitting in my cart but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger, seeing as how I already have TWO Vitas and the only use I can think of for the PSTV is HDMI out for (some) Vita and PSP games so I can do video/screenshot capture.

Layth

I bought Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars on the 3DS and although I have a Wii U because of lack of cross save I have no desire to redeem it. If anyone wants it I think $10 sounds fair or if you have an excess of unredeemed Club Nintendo points we can work out a trade that way too.

Top Bottom