• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

chrono01

Amazon.ca is doing a 10% for selected/upcoming pre-orders on their site. You need to order each game individually though, although they're offered with free shipping so that doesn't really matter [or you can choose to pay for faster shipping if you REALLY want it]. It run until 7:00AM PST on April 6th.

I know, 10% isn't a whole lot, but given our dollar, every little bit helps. I pre-ordered quite a few [mostly the Atlus titles, but Senran Kagura 2 and a few more as well].

Here's the list of eligible titles:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2073270982&pf_rd_i=B00SHFGK1I

jholmes

Amazon.ca is doing a 10% for selected/upcoming pre-orders on their site. You need to order each game individually though, although they're offered with free shipping so that doesn't really matter [or you can choose to pay for faster shipping if you REALLY want it]. It run until 7:00AM PST on April 6th.

I know, 10% isn't a whole lot, but given our dollar, every little bit helps. I pre-ordered quite a few [mostly the Atlus titles, but Senran Kagura 2 and a few more as well].

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2073270982&pf_rd_i=B00SHFGK1I

I'm seeing this list but stuff I have pre-ordered like Rodea and Senran Kagura (or as Amazon calls it, Senran Kag 2 Deep Crim Dd Edt) don't seem to have the discount applied. I hope Amazon figures that out.

Edit: Amazon will only apply the discount on checkout so you'll have to re-order stuff you already pre-ordered to get the discount. It's a pretty big list and while it's a bit thin on Wii U stuff, there's certainly something for everybody.

ohlawd

some games like Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Omega Quintet, Forza 6 and Devil Survivor 2 are already discounted by 5 bucks or something and the 10% promo works on them too. Amazon's the cheapest place for those, probably.

got Rodea Wii U and Senran Kagura 2. ugh I need other retailers to put them up.

ohlawd, I think you would know - are Omega Quintet and Operation Abyss turds? lol

hey, what's that supposed to mean? :p

idunno. the first one is a PS4 game and I don't have one so pass.

I don't have any interest in the games Experience makes so Abyss is a pass too

espher

Thanks for the Amazon link. I wanted to get Puzzle and Dragons but was balking at $45. $40 puts it at my impulse buy price point. :)

I would normally wait for it to drop in price but where Nintendo's involved and it's P&D I'm not sure if it ever will. ;)

I'm going to pre-order a bunch of stuff just in case, but remember: Amazon.ca's pre-order shipping is AWFUL. Depending on the game it can come days or even weeks after the actual release date (Atelier Rorona Plus took two whole weeks). If you care about getting things close to day one, splurge for extra shipping. That way, when Amazon.ca STILL fails to deliver on time, you can at least strongarm free one-day shipping or something out of them to make up for it.

Still better than Best Buy/Future Shop (RIP) telling you to go to the post office because they won't dropship games, but man.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe Atlus 3ds games are 60 bucks now. All for an OST that I don't really care about.

Meanwhile, Devil Survivor is 20% off so there's that...

I missed this because its entry is so bare (lack of artwork, probably), but the new Fire Emblem is among the eligible pre-order titles at Amazon.ca.

Meanwhile, I'm staring at the Rodea Wii U checkout. $67.49 AFTER discount. I have a pretty strict "nothing over $59.99 for regular titles" rule, but omg it looks like Gravity Rush and it's Nintendo so it'll probably get seven copies made in total (doubly so because it's actually NISA and they never do Nintendo stuff).

ohlawd

every first print copy of Rodea U comes with the Wii version. two for the price of one expensive console game, chrom!@!@@!@!

Roto13

Because of that, I decided to pick up New leaf instead.

New Leaf is better anyway. :p I'd have gotten that, too, if I hadn't bought it at launch and played it for 300 hours or something. (The OT is still active. Those guys will help you out if you need anything.)

So some people see the discount on Rodea? Because I don't.

You have to add the game to your cart and start the checkout process. Some of the games in the Amazon list have 10% applied against the list price and then another 10% at checkout, but Rodea only gets the 10% at checkout because reasons.

every first print copy of Rodea U comes with the Wii version. two for the price of one expensive console game, chrom!@!@@!@!

YEAH I KNOW urghhhhhhhh really how likely am I to play the Wii version anyways urrrrrrrrgh

Preordered Fire Emblem at Amazon for 10% off. Dunno what it will end up being, considering there are two versions in Japan, Pokemon-style, but might as well lock in a decent price.

I missed this because its entry is so bare (lack of artwork, probably), but the new Fire Emblem is among the eligible pre-order titles at Amazon.ca.

Holy shit I almost missed Fire Emblem as well

I got Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Puzzles & Dragons 3DS (will probably cancel this one), Forza 6 (secured the good price. If the E3 discounts are better I'll switch to those), Operation Abyss, and Fire Emblem If.

yo52

Neo Member
Question about pre-ordering from amazon.ca, when do they charge you for the order? at checkout or when they ship it to you?

Meanwhile, I'm staring at the Rodea Wii U checkout. $67.49 AFTER discount. I have a pretty strict "nothing over $59.99 for regular titles" rule, but omg it looks like Gravity Rush and it's Nintendo so it'll probably get seven copies made in total (doubly so because it's actually NISA and they never do Nintendo stuff).

I wonder how the fire emblem preorder works if NoA decides to do two copies here as well

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I ordered Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector's Edition.

With 10% off already, add another 10% off at checkout, I save over 50$.

We'll see when they announce the details of the package, but eh pre-ordered just in case if worth it or not.

NolbertoS

Hey GAFers, anybody of you been back to the New BB aka FS store?? Just went to a couple that re-opened up and its still the same employees, still has the FS logo outside and the layout inside is the same. All they changed was the shirts with BB. There were a few new hires where I visited but same prices like before. Not entirely impressed, with selection but bettet than nothing I guess.

Hey GAFers, anybody of you been back to the New BB aka FS store?? Just went to a couple that re-opened up and its still the same employees, still has the FS logo outside and the layout inside is the same. All they changed was the shirts with BB. There were a few new hires where I visited but same prices like before. Not entirely impressed, with selection but bettet than nothing I guess.

Considering it happened company-wide over like a week, that's to be expected. I'm sure the change will be largely gradual.

I wonder how the fire emblem preorder works if NoA decides to do two copies here as well

Based on everything I've read so far, it does sound like the game will be one standard cart containing both stories in North America and Europe, especially given the price point. Japan's getting a cheaper cart but only one story, and the way the split occurs sounds the same in both (you play through the first few chapters and then make a decision), so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo of Japan just carved off one of the stories as DLC to give the initial package a more attractive price point (and also I guess to sell two carts for completionists and collectors).

Oh, random other note for the Amazon stuff: Xenoblade Chronicles X is also one of the pre-order titles. It's hidden under Xenoblade 3DS because Amazon, but it's X for Wii U. Additionally, it's getting both the 10% off list price and the 10% at checkout, making it $52.64 before tax. Not bad if you don't have an E3 pre-order. Never mind, you only get the 10% off list price, there's no additional 10% at checkout. Also because Amazon, I guess.

Oh, random other note for the Amazon stuff: Xenoblade Chronicles X is also one of the pre-order titles. It's hidden under Xenoblade 3DS because Amazon, but it's X for Wii U. Additionally, it's getting both the 10% off list price and the 10% at checkout, making it $52.64 before tax. Not bad if you don't have an E3 pre-order.

Are you actually seeing this discount? I'm at the step where I'd place the order and it's showing as $58.49 plus tax.

Are you actually seeing this discount? I'm at the step where I'd place the order and it's showing as $58.49 plus tax.

Oh, weird, you're right. The checkout page still shows $58.49. Sorry, I'll edit my original post, I just assumed.

You COULD try asking Amazon customer support about why you're not getting the additional discount, as it does show up in their list of eligible titles technically, but the actual product page for Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't mention the promo.

jholmes

It's only at the very end, where you finalize the purchase. Not sure why Amazon did it that way either.

Oops, looks like it's not eligible. What the hell Amazon.

Oh, weird, you're right. The checkout page still shows $58.49. Sorry, I'll edit my original post, I just assumed.

You COULD try asking Amazon customer support about why you're not getting the additional discount, as it does show up in their list of eligible titles technically, but the actual product page for Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't mention the promo.

It's only at the very end, where you finalize the purchase. Not sure why Amazon did it that way either.

Oops, looks like it's not eligible. What the hell Amazon.

That's a major bummer. I still pre-ordered since 10% isn't the worst and it's free shipping. Seems like a game that I'd rather not get digitally either but I doubt I'll get it very quickly as Amazon usually takes 3-5 days after release date for me (living in Saskatchewan).

Puzzle and Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition is $30 in the US, so there is no way its price is $45 in Canada, right? I am just wondering if Amazon would apply the 10% off on the corrected price if they ever do correct it to the $35 or $40 it will be.

Might as well pre-order Fire Emblem. I want it day 1 anyways. If it goes cheaper during E3, then I will just cancel.

Sealtest

Puzzle and Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition is $30 in the US, so there is no way its price is $45 in Canada, right? I am just wondering if Amazon would apply the 10% off on the corrected price if they ever do correct it to the $35 or $40 it will be.

Might as well pre-order Fire Emblem. I want it day 1 anyways. If it goes cheaper during E3, then I will just cancel.

Nintendo's website has it at $34.99. Maybe all it'll take is a few emails to amazon for them to correct the price.

It's $45 on Amazon >_>

I wish there was a way to just buy the Super Mario Bros. portion by itself. Maybe it'll be like that on the e-shop

Based on everything I've read so far, it does sound like the game will be one standard cart containing both stories in North America and Europe, especially given the price point. Japan's getting a cheaper cart but only one story, and the way the split occurs sounds the same in both (you play through the first few chapters and then make a decision), so it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo of Japan just carved off one of the stories as DLC to give the initial package a more attractive price point (and also I guess to sell two carts for completionists and collectors).

Man, I hope we get both.

Nintendo's website has it at $34.99. Maybe all it'll take is a few emails to amazon for them to correct the price.

Oh, that is good. Might as well pre-order then, as Amazon would likely give the discount on the $35 price. Not like there is anywhere else to get a deal on it before it comes out, unless Best Buy does a $5 off if you pre-order like a week before.

It's $45 on Amazon >_>

I wish there was a way to just buy the Super Mario Bros. portion by itself. Maybe it'll be like that on the e-shop

Yeah, which is why I am asking. Amazon has had that price since it was announced, but now it is known to be $30 in the US. Similar situation to when BB/FS use fake prices for E3 pre-orders (Kirby, Captain Toad), except hopefully Amazon would change the order to the real price AND still give the discount.

If it's like how Amazon handled the E3 pre-orders last year, the 10% they apply to the entire order will stick, even if they lower the item's price later due to the pre-order price guarantee. So yes, for Puzzles and Dragons, you'll get 10% off the $34.99 if Amazon lowers their price before release.

Huh, the new one? Is that already up for pre-order?

Assuming you mean Fire Emblem, yes.

If it's like how Amazon handled the E3 pre-orders last year, the 10% they apply to the entire order will stick, even if they lower the item's price later due to the pre-order price guarantee. So yes, for Puzzles and Dragons, you'll get 10% off the $34.99 if Amazon lowers their price before release.

Assuming you mean Fire Emblem, yes.

Thanks for the answer. I didn't pre-order from Amazon last year because I wasn't available when they had their ridiculous pricing, so I didn't know how it worked. Figures they are better than BB at this.

yo52

Neo Member
Right, lol. Thanks!

edit: Amazon's being even more pushy than usual about their Prime free trial!

If I use the prime 30 day free trial when I order these pre-orders will it still be the free 2 day delivery when the game releases next year?

Maximus.

Ordered Street Fighter V and Fire Emblem from Amazon. Street Fighter is only listed at 59.99, so jumped on that before the price increases.

terrible

Banned
So some of these Amazon games are double applying the 10% discount? Forza 6 shows as $62.99 but when I checked out it said $56.69. Hopefully we see better E3 discounts but I'll hold onto this order in case we don't.

Sorry if this has been asked, but will the 10% amazon discount apply to items I've already pre-ordered? I know they usually do lowest price, but just checking since it's a discount and not really a lowered price.

I've got 3 games pre-ordered and I'm wondering if I should cancel and pre-order them again.

Sorry if this has been asked, but will the 10% amazon discount apply to items I've already pre-ordered? I know they usually do lowest price, but just checking since it's a discount and not really a lowered price.

I've got 3 games pre-ordered and I'm wondering if I should cancel and pre-order them again.

Nope. Had to re-order a few games. The price guarantee doesn't apply because the discount is on the full order, not the individual item. Incidentally, that's also why the 10% discount is being applied twice in a few cases (10% off the item itself reflected in the price, and 10% taken off at checkout for the whole order).

Nope. Had to re-order a few games. The price guarantee doesn't apply because the discount is on the full order, not the individual item. Incidentally, that's also why the 10% discount is being applied twice in a few cases (10% off the item itself reflected in the price, and 10% taken off at checkout for the whole order).

Great, thanks. Will Cancel and re-order them.

Aske

Awesome - thank you! Re-ordered Onechanbara, and added Batman. No mention of the Harley Quinn preorder bonus, but I'm almost positive she's supposed to come with all preorders; and if not, the saving should offset the cost of buying her after release.

...So did anyone else notice that Amazon.ca is labelling certain games for the Xbox One: The All-In-One Entertainment System From Microsoft as being for XBONE?

Check out Just Cause 3. This is the official Amazon.ca preorder page, taken from the list of games eligable for the 10% discount:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00PS4I5ZU/

Vamphuntr

Someone should do a Canadian Gaming Deals and Threads Amazon.ca cycle.

1. OMG Amazon.ca has preorder stock or deals
2. The game is releasing tomorrow but my card isn't charged yet
3. What the hell, the game is releasing today but my order hasn't shipped yet.
4. Post about worthless customers support.
5. Game ships a week later
6. Complaints about Canada Post, Purolator and UPS
7. I'll never buy from Amazon.ca again.
1. OMG Amazon.ca has preorder stocks or deals

Maximus.

Oh so very true for many people here. I preordered games that I would not care getting on release though :)

jholmes

To be fair I have had Amazon ship me a game on release day every time except once. I recognize not everyone lives close enough to the Mississauga warehouse to be guaranteed that but I think they have a pretty good hit rate.

Plus I'm OK with maybe getting a game on Day 2 instead of Day 1 if it means saving $20. C'mon.

With that said Best Buy and Future Shop are a whole other story.

Savitar

It's true enough. But for some they don't always got a choice.

Also I know they can be horrible for many things but I do find ordering on ebgames.ca to be faster than amazon.ca due to who they use for shipping. Plus ebgames.ca tends to ship the day before.

Top Bottom