• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

I usually only see them go up on the day of release, so this caught my eye.

Edit: So quick update. Best Buy didn't reserve my order, and my FS order was actually just canceled because they have no copies left and and don't know if they're receiving more. Luckily, I had a Best Buy order and they simply matched the price of the FS order which was $45 with tax. Seems like Xenoblade 3D is going to be quite the collector's item if Nintendo doesn't reprint it.

Have you tried going to an EB games? Also, maybe Nintendo wants to push Eshop sales with this one.

Maximus.

I usually only see them go up on the day of release, so this caught my eye.

Edit: So quick update. Best Buy didn't reserve my order, and my FS order was actually just canceled because they have no copies left and and don't know if they're receiving more. Luckily, I had a Best Buy order and they simply matched the price of the FS order which was $45 with tax. Seems like Xenoblade 3D is going to be quite the collector's item if Nintendo doesn't reprint it.

First prints of 3DS games seem to be in limited supply. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, etc. I don't think this game will be limited in print because its the first game designed specifically for the new 3DS XL.

Eshop sale Canadian prices

Captain Toad - $31.99
Mario Kart 7 - $24.99
Tomodachi Life - $27.99
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - $27.99
Tetris: Ultimate - $20.99

Anyone know Pikmin 3's price?

Ondore

I believe Pikmin's price never went up so it would be $41.99, same as the US.

(If they arbitrarily screwed us because of the price increase, welp.)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
First prints of 3DS games seem to be in limited supply. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, etc. I don't think this game will be limited in print because its the first game designed specifically for the new 3DS XL.
Yeah, I remember there being supply issues with that, but this is the first time I've had BB tell me that they have no idea if they're getting anymore. I could see Jest's suggestion that they're trying to push eShop sales being completely accurate.

Maximus.

Yeah, I remember there being supply issues with that, but this is the first time I've had BB tell me that they have no idea if they're getting anymore. I could see Jest's suggestion that they're trying to push eShop sales being completely accurate.

I doubt that. Typically retail employees are not given that kind of information, do not care to educate themselves on inventory or just told not to set any sort of expectations. It may be hard to find at first, but it will show up in retail again. Retail 3DS games barely get any shelf space at retailers though, so it may take time to see it in ample supply.

Preordering 3DS games has been my go to thing after having a hard time finding retail copies at launch for games in the past and what your experience shows its the right move!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I doubt that. Typically retail employees are not given that kind of information, do not care to educate themselves on inventory or just told not to set any sort of expectations. It may be hard to find at first, but it will show up in retail again. Retail 3DS games barely get any shelf space at retailers though, so it may take time to see it in ample supply.

Preordering 3DS games has been my go to thing after having a hard time finding retail copies at launch for games in the past and what your experience shows its the right move!
But normally they would just put my order as a back order, this one was flat out canceled, but you're probably right. Especially since it's the first N3DS game.

I reserved a copy of Xenoblade at Best Buy just to see if it would take. The story called me a few minutes later, super friendly, and explained that she wasn't sure why people are able to reserve the game right now as it isn't out until tomorrow (I wasn't the first to do this), and they would gladly hold it for me until close tomorrow, though I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Too good to be true. I was impressed by the customer service though. Already feeling the benefits of everything going Best Buy!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I reserved a copy of Xenoblade at Best Buy just to see if it would take. The story called me a few minutes later, super friendly, and explained that she wasn't sure why people are able to reserve the game right now as it isn't out until tomorrow (I wasn't the first to do this), and they would gladly hold it for me until close tomorrow, though I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Too good to be true. I was impressed by the customer service though. Already feeling the benefits of everything going Best Buy!
Yeah, I ended up getting the email 10 minutes ago and I called to double check if I could actually pick it up, but I was told the same thing. :(

I did the same but they haven't called me or anything...(I got the "ready for pickup" email tho)

I'm not sure if I should take the risk of going there.

EDIT: I got the call :-(

Sealtest

Just called futureshop apparently my xenoblade is on backorder yet I see people at best buy getting them no problem.

This will be the future of our orders I know it.

Just called futureshop apparently my xenoblade is on backorder yet I see people at best buy getting them no problem.

This will be the future of our orders I know it.
Figured something like this would happen. It's why I canceled my preorder with them when Amazon was doing their 10% off deal.

are there any deals for Mortal Kombat X pre-order for Xbox One by any chance?

edit: wtf shop.ca only has the PS4 version? lol

best pre-order deal for Mortal Kombat X that I see for Xbox One is the Microsoft Store... full price but has a $10 gift card thrown in. anyone see anything better?

edit: nevermind it's out of stock. fuuuuuuck

Renewed

Backorder? Cancellations? So much for preordering... good riddance Future Shop. Those $5 savings were too good to be true.

If I don't get a shipping confirmation tomorrow (and the other item in my order ships) I'm just going eShop. I've slowly been starting to appreciate the convenience of digital.

frequency

Well I'm just hoping that it's not actually backordered. That the computer just shows that for the customer service representative because it's not actually released yet. That it'll all ship fine tomorrow.

I'm hoping it's all just a misunderstanding.

Someone said they saw it was shipping already for Best Buy orders? Where? All I see in this thread is people trying to reserve for in store pickup, not getting it shipped?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well I'm just hoping that it's not actually backordered. That the computer just shows that for the customer service representative because it's not actually released yet. That it'll all ship fine tomorrow.

I'm hoping it's all just a misunderstanding.

Someone said they saw it was shipping already for Best Buy orders? Where? All I see in this thread is people trying to reserve for in store pickup, not getting it shipped?
Best Buy hasn't shipped my copy yet, but they did charge me and told me it should be here tomorrow.

Canon

Banned
I cancelled my Xenoblade order on FutureShop because it would take at least 1+ week to get here from now at this point, fuck that.

Qwyjibo

I was hoping I'd have Xenoblade for a long flight I have on the 19th (and returning 2 weeks later). Now. given these posts, I'm wondering whether I'll even get my FS order next week. Damn.

I thought briefly about changing all my 10%-off pre-orders on Future Shop to Best Buy ones, since I had to call in and change the credit card on them all anyways (P.S. Future Shop's site has gone back to not allowing credit card changes because who fucking knows). But I figured I was going to have to call no matter what since I couldn't drop the $39.99 pre-orders I made during some distant past E3 when prices were actually normal.

I'm not that concerned about getting Xenoblade on time, as I don't even have a New 3DS to play it on. But if that order gets cancelled, I'll be pissed for all my other pre-orders that could be cancelled the same way.

Getting pretty annoyed with the lack of PS4 game sales. With these higher prices I'm not buying nearly as much as I used to and seeing old games priced as high if not higher than new games used to cost is getting to me.

Edit: Got this code for sweetvar ^^^^ but it seems I'm not the only one, so if anyone wants one. WFHY4HYNAR36. Too bad they don't have them for Android.

Getting pretty annoyed with the lack of PS4 game sales. With these higher prices I'm not buying nearly as much as I used to and seeing old games priced as high if not higher than new games used to cost is getting to me.

Edit: Got this code for sweetvar ^^^^ but it seems I'm not the only one, so if anyone wants one. WFHY4HYNAR36. Too bad they don't have them for Android.

Awesome, thank you guys.

Since I got out of the country, haven't been following the thread much, how are the deals coming along?

I've heard Future Shop shut down, dad to see such about corporate company to away. The US$ is still on the rise, you guys think games will go up more than the $70 price tag to $80 soon? Thinking about that it will be $90 after taxes for a regular game, gosh!

Renewed

I've heard Future Shop shut down, dad to see such about corporate company to away. The US$ is still on the rise, you guys think games will go up more than the $70 price tag to $80 soon? Thinking about that it will be $90 after taxes for a regular game, gosh!

We're almost there.
RW750zm.png

ohlawd

fucking hell, EMD still hasn't shipped

gonna call BB tomorrow and have them transfer the entire FS order. if I have time, I'll transfer all my E3 orders too

New Deal

If you have a Microplay in your city, they give a free PS TV when you buy a PS4 starting today until May 8th. Not sure of the price of their TLoU bundle, probably back to MSRP.

They also have a promo starting on the 13th. Bring 2 used games and get 20% more, 3 for 30%, 5 for 50%. They usually give me more credits than EBGames for my games so it might end up being good.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Somehow Xenoblade isn't expected to arrive here (Toronto) until the 13th according to Canada Post tracking via Best Buy, even though it shipped from Mississauga. I guess I won't be feeling it for a few days.

No word on my
Gold Mario Amiibo
from Futureshop, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to get it.

edit: Xenoblade just came in, even though tracking never updated to "Out for delivery", so hurrazh.

explodet

All this Futureshop/Xenoblade talk has really got me nervous about my Xenoblade Chronicles X E3 preorder from FS.

It's the last one from E3, and I'd hate to lose out on it just because I wanted to save $15.

Seemingly silly packaging question about Shop.ca

So I have Mortal Kombat X pre-ordered from them. And I know they deliver by UPS and they usually hit my place in the late morning (10AM-11AM) but I'm unfortunately working in the morning until the early afternoon so I won't be there to receive the package. Do they ship games in small enough packages that they can be shoved into mailboxes? I really don't want to have to wait until the next day to get MKX

Top Bottom