• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Yeah sorry, i meant to say out of stock, not in stock. Mine said out of stock too. That's why I went to a store, and canceled my online order.

I'd wager to guess that the online orders will eventually come through, but I'm a bit overcautious (especially when it comes to games titled Xenoblade Chronicles).

9 times out of 10, they'll get more and ship the rest of those orders out.

That's normal. I had the same situation last year but they did ship the game.

Thanks for letting me know. Boy, I can't wait till next week is over. So much work to do!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My concern with it is that they shipped both preorders and newly created BB orders while all the FS ones have been stuck.

And the recent FS closing thing.

I feel like something is wrong. Like they only ever ordered enough for BB and the FS side of things was completely forgotten about. Which wouldn't be surprising considering FS closed without warning. Maybe no one took over responsibilities.
It's weird, they canceled my months old FS pre order, but yesterday they shipped my BB Xenoblade order that was placed the same day.

stolin

So I had Xenoblade for $39.99 at Future Shop, but it's showing out of stock. So I placed a new order with Best Buy (which has 1 left in stock) for full price and called in asking them to cancel my Future Shop order and move the discount to my new order which was already shipping out. They said no, but cancelled my Future Shop order anyways. I'm not happy with this

My FS order just got updated as per below. It will all get sorted.. just give it a day.
Shipment 1: Scheduled to ship via Canada Post Delivered Tuesday Apr. 14

We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.
Qty. Product Description Total
1 Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (new Nintendo 3DS)

Item Status: In Stock
$39.99​

kennah

Got an email from Nintendo detailing Best Buy deal this week.

Buy a Wii U and Any Amiibo for $279.99

Not amazing, I wonder if there are any rare ones that could be preordered as part of this deal.

tiijj

So Xenoblade says in stock at Future Shop now. My order says delivered April 14, so I guess it should ship out Monday? Hopefully that is true and this settles everything.

Guess this was fully posted just above.

kennah

We actually have one but it's only "Gamers Club". 2x points for every $1 spent in video games.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/gamers-club.aspx

Maybe you're referring to gamer's club unlocked (paid membership but has some good benefits) which we don't have here but we do have gamer's club

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regular...ub/pcmcat338600050004.c?id=pcmcat338600050004

Yeah, I realized I'm an idiot about 5 minutes later, but didn't come back to correct myself :)

Ce1VoAs.png

Not an awful deal.

Sealtest

Looks like my Xenoblade also was charged and will ship monday.. Do I even bother going tmw and trying to buyanother one for $22? The deal was they would sell me it at discount if I cancelled my backorder on infront of them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ps4 controllers are 79.99 now??!! Wtf
Went up the other week.

I've pretty much given up hope of getting a PS4 controller any time this year. And if I do, it's probably going to be black and at $60-65. Shame because this year there are actually a ton of local coop games I want to play.

Got an email from Nintendo detailing Best Buy deal this week.

Buy a Wii U and Any Amiibo for $279.99

Not amazing, I wonder if there are any rare ones that could be preordered as part of this deal.

That's one thing Nintendo hasn't tried. Amiibo exclusive to Wii U bundle.

terrible

Banned
I regret not picking up more than two years of PS+ when they had that $30 sale not long after the PS4 launched. I figured we'd see that price once a year at least but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey guys, new here. I have a few questions about the Shoppers Drugmart Optimum membership. So normally you get 10 points per dollar, but sometimes they have events in which you get 20x, or 10,000 or 15,000 points? Also, ehat about the 95,000 points thing, how does that work? Reason I am asking is because I am looking to buy a PS4 in late May or I may wait until E3' and I have just discovered this Shopper Drugmart points thing. Can I get 170$ in points if I buy the PS4 during one of those events?

Sora_N

Hey guys, new here. I have a few questions about the Shoppers Drugmart Optimum membership. So normally you get 10 points per dollar, but sometimes they have events in which you get 20x, or 10,000 or 15,000 points? Also, ehat about the 95,000 points thing, how does that work? Reason I am asking is because I am looking to buy a PS4 in late May or I may wait until E3' and I have just discovered this Shopper Drugmart points thing. Can I get 170$ in points if I buy the PS4 during one of those events?

$449 x 10 x 20 = 89,000 or so.

20x is usually at least once a month at the beginning but there are customer coupons as well.

You should get a card and get emails set up to get coupons.

If you're buying PS4 better to do 20x

Yeezus

If anyone is in the market for a mechanical keyboard, Canada Computers is knocking 30 bucks off the Corsair K70 for this month.

etta

my hard graphic balls
$449 x 10 x 20 = 89,000 or so.

20x is usually at least once a month at the beginning but there are customer coupons as well.

You should get a card and get emails set up to get coupons.

If you're buying PS4 better to do 20x

Oh I see, so wait for the 20x events when buying the PS4, which would get me about 90,000 points and that is equal to 170$? Or even wait for the Super Redemptions instead and get 95,000 points for buying anything over 250$.

Thanks

Sora_N

Oh I see, so wait for the 20x events when buying the PS4, which would get me about 90,000 points and that is equal to 170$? Or even wait for the Super Redemptions instead and get 95,000 points for buying anything over 250$.

Thanks

95,000 is $170.

I worked at Shoppers for over a year. The super redemptions don't happen that often but you can wait if you want.

Some people use 95,000 to buy the PS4 on 20x day and basically get points back since you can only redeem once per transaction.. Lol

Top Bottom