• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

New Deal

If you have a Microplay in your city, they give a free PS TV when you buy a PS4 starting today until May 8th. Not sure of the price of their TLoU bundle, probably back to MSRP.

They also have a promo starting on the 13th. Bring 2 used games and get 20% more, 3 for 30%, 5 for 50%. They usually give me more credits than EBGames for my games so it might end up being good.

Darn it. I Just traded in close to 20 games to microplay last month.

jholmes

I just want AC: Black Flag to hit that magical 14.99 price point somewhere. That game is being obnoxiously stubborn with price drops.

I picked it up on Wii U for $10 last summer at Target, and let's not forget Future Shop gave it away for free near launch.

Oh, Target and Future Shop. How I missed your misguided deals that kept me happy and doomed you to oblivion...

Hyunkel6

Seemingly silly packaging question about Shop.ca

So I have Mortal Kombat X pre-ordered from them. And I know they deliver by UPS and they usually hit my place in the late morning (10AM-11AM) but I'm unfortunately working in the morning until the early afternoon so I won't be there to receive the package. Do they ship games in small enough packages that they can be shoved into mailboxes? I really don't want to have to wait until the next day to get MKX
They also use UPS in my neighborhood, and UPS requires a signature on delivery. They never leave the games into my mailbox even though they are small enough to fit in. :(

krae_man

My Turbo Express needed fixing so I bought a capacitor repair kit on eBay. Its been taking forever so I entered the tracking number online. Think I figured out why:

tAWYmmj.jpg

I am the king of shipping horror stories!

Chatin

My Xenoblade Chronicles 3D order is now saying Out of Stock on FS. Reserved in store at BB for pick up this morning, instead. How is there available stock in stores if they didn't have any stock for preorders?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My Turbo Express needed fixing so I bought a capacitor repair kit on eBay. Its been taking forever so I entered the tracking number online. Think I figured out why:

tAWYmmj.jpg

I am the king of shipping horror stories!

And I thought Mississauga to Vancouver to St Catherines to Toronto was bad.

Sealtest

My Xenoblade Chronicles 3D order is now saying Out of Stock on FS. Reserved in store at BB for pick up this morning, instead. How is there available stock in stores if they didn't have any stock for preorders?

Because it just seems they put Best buy before futureshop. My order is the same way but was promised shipping notice Monday.

They also use UPS in my neighborhood, and UPS requires a signature on delivery. They never leave the games into my mailbox even though they are small enough to fit in. :(

Ah crap. So I guess leaving a note asking to leave it in my apartments lobby office is out of the question as well.

Guess I won't be playing MKX until Wednesday then.

Who all ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3D from amazon.ca? Mine still hasn't shipped yet and has an expected delivery date of April 17-24, but I have no idea why and if it's just some orders that are like this.

Who all ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3D from amazon.ca? Mine still hasn't shipped yet and has an expected delivery date of April 17-24, but I have no idea why and if it's just some orders that are like this.

I did and it's waiting for me in my mailbox right now.

I have prime though. Seems non-prime users have been getting poor service the past few months.

ohlawd

got off the phone for BB. they couldn't adjust the total and take off 10% right away so I have to wait until the order goes through to get the difference refunded.

ugh I'll hold the guy to it. Anyone else experience something like that? have to pay the original amount and get the discount back through a refund? I guess I can talk to them again but I got work soon

I did. I got the email saying it shipped yesterday. Said it would be here today.
I did and it's waiting for me in my mailbox right now.

I have prime though. Seems non-prime users have been getting poor service the past few months.

Damn, wonder what's up with mine. My non-prime experience has been great lately, though.

Edit: It just changed to "Shipping Now", guess I'll just be patient before I contact CS.

Sealtest

got off the phone for BB. they couldn't adjust the total and take off 10% right away so I have to wait until the order goes through to get the difference refunded.

ugh I'll hold the guy to it. Anyone else experience something like that? have to pay the original amount and get the discount back through a refund? I guess I can talk to them again but I got work soon

Thats how they do it, I remember spending $100 on smash steelbook and getting a refund a few days later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah, they can't adjust prices on preorders for some reason. It's dumb.

mdubs

Banned
So I had Xenoblade for $39.99 at Future Shop, but it's showing out of stock. So I placed a new order with Best Buy (which has 1 left in stock) for full price and called in asking them to cancel my Future Shop order and move the discount to my new order which was already shipping out. They said no, but cancelled my Future Shop order anyways. I'm not happy with this

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I had Xenoblade for $39.99 at Future Shop, but it's showing out of stock. So I placed a new order with Best Buy (which has 1 left in stock) for full price and called in asking them to cancel my Future Shop order and move the discount to my new order which was already shipping out. They said no, but cancelled my Future Shop order anyways. I'm not happy with this
I would ask to speak to a supervisor for that one. One thing to say they can't honor that price, but another to cancel an order without consent.

mdubs

Banned
I would ask to speak to a supervisor for that one. One thing to say they can't honor that price, but another to cancel an order without consent.

I said they could cancel the order and move the discount over all at once, so they cancelled the order first and then told me they couldn't do the second part. I probably don't have much of a case there and should have been more careful, but still frustrating.

Edit: Called back, talked to another CSR and they gave me the discount

Zing

Banned
I just want AC: Black Flag to hit that magical 14.99 price point somewhere. That game is being obnoxiously stubborn with price drops.
I guess you missed the magical price of "free" from FutureShop (RIP) back in the day? :D

Ok technically, it wasn't free. I traded a 50 cent game and three hours of my time waiting in line.

Sealtest

Had a lovely chat with my local Best buy, They will let me go in and get my xenoblade chronicles for my futureshop price of $39.99 then give me an additional $15 off because of all of this trouble.

Had a lovely chat with my local Best buy, They will let me go in and get my xenoblade chronicles for my futureshop price of $39.99 then give me an additional $15 off because of all of this trouble.

Good to hear this. Was your's cancelled or just not shipped? Mine hasn't shipped but I haven't been charged, so I want to go in today and try to get it with the deal.

Sealtest

Good to hear this. Was your's cancelled or just not shipped? Mine hasn't shipped but I haven't been charged, so I want to go in today and try to get it with the deal.

Not cancelled just backordered with no date on if it will ship, but I talked to 4 different support and each time I got a different answer.

After I buy my game i'll have to cancel my futureshop order infront of them.

Tapejara

Rainbow Six Siege is $74 on Amazon.ca I guess it's only a matter of time till that's the regular price for all games.

Yeah, it's definitely going to get a lot worse before it gets better. EB has adjusted some of their $79.99 games back down to $74.99, but there are still a few stragglers.

This is actually pushing me towards digital more than I thought it would. Pre-ordered Payday 2 off the PS Store for $37.49 as opposed to $60 for a retail copy

Not cancelled just backordered with no date on if it will ship, but I talked to 4 different support and each time I got a different answer.

After I buy my game i'll have to cancel my futureshop order infront of them.

I guess I am in the same situation as it is out-of-stock. How did you end up getting the game for the discount price, never mind $15 cheaper? Did you call the store or their general support number?

My FS Xenoblade was listed as in stock and I hadn't been charged, so I just went to BB and grabbed a copy. This is looking more and more like it will be a bitch to find, so anyone interested in a physical copy should act soon

frequency

Xenoblade isn't even that big a deal to me. The savings was like $5.
I'm more worried about my older preorders. X, SMTxFE, MGSV, for $40. That's actually significant savings.

So far it seems they don't care to fulfill FS preorders at all? I'm seeing stuck Amiibos too while BB already shipped.

My FS Xenoblade was listed as in stock and I hadn't been charged, so I just went to BB and grabbed a copy. This is looking more and more like it will be a bitch to find, so anyone interested in a physical copy should act soon

I haven't been in the loop lately and its a little hard to totally folow on what's going on right now in the thread with the xenoblade 3ds pre-orders at FS.

On my order page, it says that its out of stock. Does that mean they're not going to ship them? Should I contact BB?

I haven't been in the loop lately and its a little hard to totally folow on what's going on right now in the thread with the xenoblade 3ds pre-orders at FS.

On my order page, it says that its out of stock. Does that mean they're not going to ship them? Should I contact BB?

Yeah sorry, i meant to say out of stock, not in stock. Mine said out of stock too. That's why I went to a store, and canceled my online order.

I'd wager to guess that the online orders will eventually come through, but I'm a bit overcautious (especially when it comes to games titled Xenoblade Chronicles).

firehawk12

Subete no aware

9 times out of 10, they'll get more and ship the rest of those orders out.

No_Style

DualShock 4s are $74.99 now. Kind glad I have 5 of them between my bro and I now.

If you're curious, I bought a spare black one for $40. Then I wanted white controllers so I bought 2 of those when they were on sale for $40.

Lexxism

That's normal. I had the same situation last year but they did ship the game.

DualShock 4s are $74.99 now. Kind glad I have 5 of them between my bro and I now.

WTF. You were right. Got 3 controllers and missing the white one.

edit: It's still 64.99 at EB but may not last.

UberTag

The $74.99 price points for games make sense.
$59.99 US converts to $75.39 CDN right now.

Add in the obligatory 13% HST on purchases in Ontario (as an example) and you're looking at $84.74 to buy a new console game on Day 1.

frequency

My concern with it is that they shipped both preorders and newly created BB orders while all the FS ones have been stuck.

And the recent FS closing thing.

I feel like something is wrong. Like they only ever ordered enough for BB and the FS side of things was completely forgotten about. Which wouldn't be surprising considering FS closed without warning. Maybe no one took over responsibilities.

Was at guild ford mall London drugs and they have a Tlou bundle for 399 and had a couple borderlands 2 vita slim bundles, if anyone is looking for a slim vita still.

-Deimos

Rainbow Six Siege is $74 on Amazon.ca I guess it's only a matter of time till that's the regular price for all games.

I'm so glad I pre-ordered Rainbow Six: Patriots during last year's E3 deal. They changed the order to Siege automatically plus the PC version was $10 cheaper unlike the updated listing for Siege.

Top Bottom