• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

$79.99 is just over $90 on the Rock.. Hopefully BestBuy/Amazon have the e3 deal again, I guess we will be looking at $59.99 as the discounted price if we are lucky.

I'm glad I stocked up on this years releases last e3 deal. $60 is now a "deal" is just sad.

jholmes

In non-pizza-related news, Starbucks is bringing back frappy hour from May 1 to 10, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Half-priced frappuccinos, (hopefully) in time for some warm weather!

FrsDvl

If anyone wants a new pillow, and has a Mattress Mattress close by.

Mattress Mattress Coupon Code: 0000002197 (expires 28-Jul-2015)

Item: GeoBlend Pillow (value can be applied against any other Mattress Mattress pillows)
Value: $29.99

Simply print this email or write down and bring your code 0000002197 to any of the Mattress Mattress locations listed on our website for your free pillow.

MarkusRJR

Hey, this is gonna be a random question, but do banks typically mail out new debit cards when the old one expires? My old TD Canada Trust Card finally expires in May and I'm not sure if I should just wait for the mail or head out and go to the bank.

Also, does the expiration month on the card mean it expires on the first of the month or rather it'll stop working once that month is over? This is literally the first time I've had a card expire (usually lose them or get them stolen) and I'm not sure what the procedure is.

Flare

I have 300 coins for Club Nintendo and there isn't really anything I want that falls within that amount... So if anyone here wants a code for anything that's 300 or less, shoot me a pm. First one gets it, I guess.

Here are all the rewards: https://club.nintendo.com/home.do

Edit: Wheelatron responded earliest and got the code.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Our CAD is going (slowly) back up but prices are still rising. Games are up to 79,99$ now.

:(

CD1g_TgWAAEhzk1.png

Kr0ni

Neo Member
HST is going up to 15% where I live.

$92 games... :O

Guess I'll be pre-ordering just about everything in the BB/Amazon E3 deal if it happens.

Otherwise I'm going to be skipping the launch of just about every game now though considering they are overpriced, unfinished, and bound to fall in price fairly quickly.

@Wreck

HST is going up to 15% where I live.

$92 games... :O

Guess I'll be pre-ordering just about everything in the BB/Amazon E3 deal if it happens.

Otherwise I'm going to be skipping the launch of just about every game now though considering they are overpriced, unfinished, and bound to fall in price fairly quickly.

Nova Scotia right?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much stopped buying retail games on day 1. Now it's either on sale or used, nothing else.

If we ever get back or close to parity they will take forever to come back down.

That's the only thing that really bugs me. If the dollar is weak then the dollar is weak; prices are going to go up.

But even if it went up to parity tomorrow, it would take half a year for prices to go back to normal.

Dazzler

I've stopped buying new releases too. It's all we can do with prices currently so high

I've sat out Bloodborne, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light until all three see a price cut.

Giving me a chance to catch up on Vita stuff + my backlog

LifeLike

The best deals I find right now are on Kijiji.
Got my hands on DriveClub and Dying Light for 80$.
I'm not buying new again. It's over.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I'm down to games I know I want and whatever I ordered last year now.

It's funny that I'm sad that Rogers Video died, because now I'm actually in the market for renting games and there are no companies that do it any more.

If anyone is looking for a hot deal, you can currently pre- order BLOPS 3 on Steam for only $115 with the season pass! Unfortunately the game by itself is not up for pre- order yet because

I know it says "more coming soon" but let's be real- it's going to be $80 on Steam when they put it up eventually. Game companies are going to kill gaming in Canada.

Vibranium

Banned
If anyone is looking for a hot deal, you can currently pre- order BLOPS 3 on Steam for only $115 with the season pass! Unfortunately the game by itself is not up for pre- order yet because

I know it says "more coming soon" but let's be real- it's going to be $80 on Steam when they put it up eventually. Game companies are going to kill gaming in Canada.

Just buy it off GMG. Thankfully Activision uses Steam only. For Ubi and especially Rockstar (they really should offer Steam codes too) games though I will have to wait until the price drops on Steam.

daevv

I haven't bought new in along time. Now with Newfoundlands GST going from 13% to 15% I may have to get a newer, cheaper, hobby to enjoy. :)

Vamphuntr

Yeah, I'm down to games I know I want and whatever I ordered last year now.

It's funny that I'm sad that Rogers Video died, because now I'm actually in the market for renting games and there are no companies that do it any more.

Microplay/Videotron still do in QC (and maybe ON?)

Are there any places in the GTA selling the Japanese white Smash 4 GC controllers besides A & C? I just want to see if there are any other options before committing to the 49.99 price.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm looks like Shoppers has gone the Loblaws route with their personalized coupons now -- you have to load them digitally to your account rather than print the coupons. Assuming there aren't any technical issues, that's good news for me. Printing the coupons was always a hassle, especially when I only wanted one or two. Waste of paper/ink.

Renewed

Is Nintendo's online store the cheapest place to get a replacement Wii U Gamepad adapter? Even though it seems to be, I'd expect to get it in 10 days. In no rush though...

Sora_N

Hmmm looks like Shoppers has gone the Loblaws route with their personalized coupons now -- you have to load them digitally to your account rather than print the coupons. Assuming there aren't any technical issues, that's good news for me. Printing the coupons was always a hassle, especially when I only wanted one or two. Waste of paper/ink.

I used to let people use coupon from phone but some other stores are cunts about it and make you have it printed. Some stores let you use their computer to print anyways.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Where the gaming deals at tho?

Top Bottom