• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

I spoke with customer service last week and they told me they'll be receiving the guide on May 28 (that or I'll be receiving my guide by May 28). They even bumped up my shipping option to premium for free just because I asked about this situation.

I should ask about the situation >__>

Roto13

Can anyone recommend a tablet for around $200-300? It'll be used mostly for comics and Hearthstone. Americans always seem to mention a refurbished iPad Mini 2 but that doesn't seem to be an option up here at the moment.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 10.1 inch screen, that I use almost exclusively for comics. I'm sure Hearthstone runs fine on it, but I haven't tried. Lollipop is currently in development for it. It's on sale at Best Buy for $270. Maybe somewhere else for less, I don't know.

The resolution isn't amazing (800p), but it still looks good, and for comics, you're going to want to look at screen size over resolution anyway.

iiicon

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with a 10.1 inch screen, that I use almost exclusively for comics. I'm sure Hearthstone runs fine on it, but I haven't tried. Lollipop is currently in development for it. It's on sale at Best Buy for $270. Maybe somewhere else for less, I don't know.

The resolution isn't amazing (800p), but it still looks good, and for comics, you're going to want to look at screen size over resolution anyway.
Hmm, that looks perfect, thanks! I was messing around with a Mini this weekend and didn't mind the size for comics, but I'd prefer something bigger like this. I'll swing by BB later and check it out.

antibolo

Banned
I wish there was a Canada-specific B/S/T thread on GAF. Has this idea ever been explored? I find that the main B/S/T thread is way too US-centric to bother with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wish there was a Canada-specific B/S/T thread on GAF. Has this idea ever been explored? I find that the main B/S/T thread is way too US-centric to bother with.
Recently a lot of people were in support of it in this thread (including myself), I guess nobody ran it by a mod or went ahead and made the thread.

Anyone know where in Toronto I can grab some brand-new sealed black DVD cases that hold mini discs? I'm hoping to transplant my GC line-up to them, since they're a bit grimy from a move and age, and since Nintendo stopped selling them a couple years back, I lost hope on acquiring more.

But I had a revelation; I don't need Nintendo-branded cases. I did this a long, long, time ago, when the Earth was young with black regular DVD cases.

So anyone know where I can find these?

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Lol probably excludes Lego

Edit: yep

IgMyx.gif

Dazzler

25% off if you buy two clearance games at best buy right now. I went in to get akibas trip for ps4 for 20 bucks, also picked up borderlands 2 for vita @ 10 bucks and it came to $25 for both

Far Cry 4 is impossible to find in the GTA in store too unfortunately.

EB Games has Far Cry 4 for used $44.99 right now. Not amazing but its not the worst price in the world either.

I didn't pick it up, due to buying the Witcher later this month but its like that right now.

whoa! amazon's shipped my copy of devil survivor 2 a day before release, & despite the fact that i went with free shipping! i'm feeling faint :) ...

Luigi87

I borrowed Akiba's Trip from the public library, played it for about 1 hour.

Still felt ripped off.

I got it the day it came out on Vita... Thought it was okay at best, but yeah, it's not very good.

I do appreciate the authenticity behind the Akihabara layout, as I had visited Japan a month prior to release so that was cool.

Why can't it be for mastercard:( I promised myself i'd never use my visa ever again after I finished paying it off.

You can link a MC to your Visa Checkout account.

Does the 20% off deal work with a pro controller? I'm kinda sick of waiting for a sale.

It should, as it's not in the restrictions list.

The best deal is still buying from Shoppers (if you do the whole Optimum game). Buying it on a 20x event/coupon gives you 10,000 points which is worth $10 (when redeeming 8000 points on a future purchase) and up to ~$21.05 (when redeeming at the maximum level with bonus redemption).

Ventara

Well, fuck me. EB Games has sold out of Child of Light. I hadn't bought it earlier because free shipping is $25, and I was planning to pick it up tonight with that 3DS game promo they were having, but now it's sold out. You snooze, you lose, I guess. :( I'm gonna look around to see if any other Canadian retailers have it.

ohlawd

Hmm... Now if I choose free shipping with 2 books with 2 different release dates will they ship at the same time? or ship seperatly, I usually just order 1 book at a time.

I have about six in my cart, all release months apart. the last one comes out in Jan 2016 so I'll get all six in that month :(

I don't mind waiting that long but what guarantee do I have the first five books will be available for delivery by the time the sixth book comes out?

jzbluz

I have about six in my cart, all release months apart. the last one comes out in Jan 2016 so I'll get all six in that month :(

I don't mind waiting that long but what guarantee do I have the first five books will be available for delivery by the time the sixth book comes out?

You can call them and ask them to release the in stock books for shipping; I called the other day to cancel an order and the CSR offered to do that for me instead of canceling. I canceled the order anyway, but for my next two orders they shipped the books that were in stock instead of waiting for everything to be available. I have a book preordered coming out tomorrow so I'll see soon if they will continue to do that.

ohlawd

You can call them and ask them to release the in stock books for shipping; I called the other day to cancel an order and the CSR offered to do that for me instead of canceling. I canceled the order anyway, but for my next two orders they shipped the books that were in stock instead of waiting for everything to be available. I have a book preordered coming out tomorrow so I'll see soon if they will continue to do that.

worth a shot, thanks. out of the six I'm getting, one's already out, and the second is coming out tomorrow too. I'll make the order tomorrow so 2/6 are out then I'll call

i-Jest

So my PS3 (60GB) died on me for a second time now. I'm going to get it repaired but I'm definitely in the market for a new PS3. What and where is the cheapest I can get a PS3 new? What's the cheapest they go for used?

Sylwest

Hey everyone, Persona Q Premium Edition is on clearance at Best Buy for 49.97. Been waiting for a price drop on the regular edition but since this premium edition is about the same price I just went for it. I also needed a proper 3DS pouch anyway.

There's still stock online.

Top Bottom