• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Does anybody know if the GameStop-exclusive Splatoon content will also be available at EB Games when you pre-order? I can't see any mention of it on the website.

CKB3375

Has anyone seen the Best Buy flyer for this week yet? Wondering if there are any notable deals on GTAV for current gen....I've been waiting for months on this one assuming it is bound to drop soon.

Its probably way to early to expect anything on Bloodborne, right? I'll bite when it hits $49.

Are people able to log into their Best Buy profile page? I can't seem to log in so I'm wondering if it's me or the site.

BB.ca is terrible and buggy. Try again later.

Is tivs.ca still a good site to check up trade-in values for games, or is there a better site now?

tivs.ca is pretty out of date with the lack of trade deals. At least EB publishes a list of qualifying titles now. Just assume you'll get peanuts for whatever you want to trade in.

BB.ca also has a trade-in page for games but they seem to only accept newer titles.

antibolo

Banned
I just applied for an Amazon Visa credit card. Thanks to whoever mentioned it in this thread, I don't remember who. I make a lot of transactions in foreign currencies, so this is going to save me a lot. Plus Amazon reward points are nice too.

Sucks that I can only use it on Amazon itself until it physically arrives to me though...

Renewed

I used my birthday 20% from BB to get Splatoon for $63 after all is said and done, so my brother better appreciate this. I was gonna use it on Xenoblade X...

Max_Po

Banned
Yep, gonna bail on Splatoon for now. 80 dollars is just too much, man.

Same..cant seem to being myself to pay so much for a game on a consile I have turned on 3 times since launch.

Still dont see how Nintendo is raising price to 69.99 for their games..?

The loonie stinking has reguvinated my brain cells to finish the backlog or go toward rpgs.

lol fcking hell Rogers.
So not sure if anyone remembers, I broke my phone few weeks ago but then I remembered I have registered phone protection plan. I filed a service request and then got denied few days later. Guess what, my phone did not show up on their system, instead it was my brother phone AND my phone number that were linked to this service (wut?). Tried to call customer services and they were like "Nope, not my concern".

I'm not even sure what to do now. Find some stores to fix the phone, cancel their dumb services and switch to other carriers?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
:(

*hugs $43 Amazon pre-order*

Ayy. I was all on board the digital bandwagon over saving $10,15, maybe even $20 on some games, but this is getting too rich for my blood. I'll have to put everything on preorder at E3. If they're around this year..

Especially now that my hoard of 25% off Target eShop cards are long gone and DDP is dead. :(

lol fcking hell Rogers.
So not sure if anyone remembers, I broke my phone few weeks ago but then I remembered I have registered phone protection plan. I filed a service request and then got denied few days later. Guess what, my phone did not show up on their system, instead it was my brother phone AND my phone number that were linked to this service (wut?). Tried to call customer services and they were like "Nope, not my concern".

I'm not even sure what to do now. Find some stores to fix the phone, cancel their dumb services and switch to other carriers?

Keep pushing, call and talk to other customer service rep explain this error and hopefully you being a Rogers customer means something to them. Try to explain why the person that entered the details of your plan is at fault. When I switched they were trying to make me reconsider leaving them appreciated that much just got fed up with all the random fees and charges that they never mentioned would be charged.

Zing

Banned
$70 eShop Splatoon.

#mrgrgr
I posted this a while ago. Microplay sells it for $60.

That said, eshop would still be cheaper for me. I have a couple hundred dollars of eshop cards that I bought for 25% off. Everyone should have a stash of these, since target had that insane sale for an entire weekend!

RIP Target, and thanks for the games.

chimster

Keep pushing, call and talk to other customer service rep explain this error and hopefully you being a Rogers customer means something to them. Try to explain why the person that entered the details of your plan is at fault. When I switched they were trying to make me reconsider leaving them appreciated that much just got fed up with all the random fees and charges that they never mentioned would be charged.

try @rogershelp on twitter. I find their social media reps much better than those over the phone.

Madness

If I fully paid off something like Halo 5 already at EBGames. If the price does indeed become $79.99 do I have to pay the difference when it launches, or does me paying off what I thought was full price at $69.99+tax count?

Ventara

If I fully paid off something like Halo 5 already at EBGames. If the price does indeed become $79.99 do I have to pay the difference when it launches, or does me paying off what I thought was full price at $69.99+tax count?

Online, no. I don't know about in-store.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I believe you have to pay the difference. They don't do price guarantees from what I remember.

Madness

Online, no. I don't know about in-store.

I believe you have to pay the difference. They don't do price guarantees from what j remember.

Damn. Just useless. I had the credit which is why I pre-ordered. Games like Halo, Battlefront, you can't miss the fun that is launch night, launch week, launch month. You can always pick a single player game, some other game up later. Battlefront I might just do US Amazon or something.

Sealtest

Depends on the Manager and DM.

I didn't pay the new $69.99 price increase when Destiny came out since I had it locked in at $59.99.

More then likely you can pay the price then contact gamestop angry at how you paid off the item when it was $(?)and they made you pay more.

ahdurian

Depends on the Manager and DM.

I didn't pay the new $69.99 price increase when Destiny came out since I had it locked in at $59.99.

More then likely you can pay the price then contact gamestop angry at how you paid off the item when it was $(?)and they made you pay more.

basically this.
This happened to me with a few games, so sent complaint and got it for what I originally paid for

Anyone notice that Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Packs are going for 64.99 online? Not only is that cheaper than I think any starter pack (DI or Skylanders) has gone for, and not only is it cheaper than every other actual game coming out, but it's the exact same price as the US version. I wonder what the angle is

curb

Banned
Anyone notice that Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Packs are going for 64.99 online? Not only is that cheaper than I think any starter pack (DI or Skylanders) has gone for, and not only is it cheaper than every other actual game coming out, but it's the exact same price as the US version. I wonder what the angle is

I did notice that. I figured it was a mistake but maybe not
(no pun intended)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I fondly remember the days when I could walk into Blockbuster, spend $20 on used games and then trade them into EBgames for a $200 DSi. Ahh.. those were the days..

theRizzle

It's the same 4 games on sale over and over and over again. Normally I would bite on Far Cry 4 & maybe Morder at 39.99 but I have so much other stuff to play. And they have both been on sale for weeks it seems like.

Guess I'll wait for $29.99

iLLmAtlc

lol fcking hell Rogers.

If escalating internally doesn't work, you can file a complaint to the CCTS, it's free. It forces Rogers to respond to your complaint and if you can't settle it I think you can adjudicate too. Government refers customers to it too: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t12.htm

Are e3 deals only for preorder games or do games already out get the discount too?

Pretty much always pre-orders. The only instance in recent memory that wasn't a pre-order was the Xbox One w/o Kinect console that Amazon.ca had as part of the E3 offer for a few hours. That one was technically a pre-order because the package without Kinect was to be released during or shortly after E3, even though the console itself had been out for months.

I don't remember games that had already been released ever being part of E3 deals.

try @rogershelp on twitter. I find their social media reps much better than those over the phone.

If escalating internally doesn't work, you can file a complaint to the CCTS, it's free. It forces Rogers to respond to your complaint and if you can't settle it I think you can adjudicate too. Government refers customers to it too: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t12.htm

Thanks guys, will try to call them again next week (it's Friday so I don't have any motivation to deal with this bs), if it fails again then I will try twitter then CCTS.

Actually I just tried to access the claim system again and currently no phone is associated with my plan LOL

Don't worry. It will be back next month E3 deals. 25% off 79.99 = $59.99

lol

Step 1: Games go to $79.99
Step 2: 30% off sale during E3
Step 3: dollar gets better games go back to $59.99
Sfep 4: Retailer won't adjust prices to include discount on new price because order price is lower than new $59.99 price.

Top Bottom