• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

God damn it. I had Splatoon and Mortal Kombat X pre-ordered from Amazon's E3 deals last year. I canceled both. This year I paid $59 for MKX and I'm regretting not keeping the Splatoon E3 pre-order

Fuck my poor intuition

Step 1: Games go to $79.99
Step 2: 30% off sale during E3
Step 3: dollar gets better games go back to $59.99
Sfep 4: Retailer won't adjust prices to include discount on new price because order price is lower than new $59.99 price.

AMAZON. AMAZON SAVE US

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I still have my MKX preorder for PS3. It's bound to be absolute dogshit because of High Voltage but I'm keeping it because after finishing the SP I might be able to recoup the cost selling it used. :S

i-Jest

God damn it. I had Splatoon and Mortal Kombat X pre-ordered from Amazon's E3 deals last year. I canceled both. This year I paid $59 for MKX and I'm regretting not keeping the Splatoon E3 pre-order

Fuck my poor intuition

AMAZON. AMAZON SAVE US

With flawed deep discounts the first two hours and superior discounts to Best Buy then after.

Semi-deal:

https://www.ebgames.ca/PS3/Games/715003/atelier-rorona-plus-the-alchemist-of-arland

Rorona Plus PS3 is $25 new, if you find a sealed "recycled" copy at King and Yonge in Toronto, it's $20.

Sealed recycled copies are what I'm told are overstock copies brought from the US, and they said they can't sell them at new price. So they're new games at used prices. Sweet!

FYI, the game is STILL $50 on PSN ($40 on Vita), and sale prices don't get much often match or go below $20 so if you want the game, this is the way to go IMO.

Cactus

Banned
Just checked the order inquiry section on Club Nintendo and my two rewards (puzzle, 3DS pouch) haven't shipped yet. They're also listed as having a coin value of 0, which makes me worry that maybe there was some sort of glitch when my order was made...

zroid

Banned
Just checked the order inquiry section on Club Nintendo and my two rewards (puzzle, 3DS pouch) haven't shipped yet. They're also listed as having a coin value of 0, which makes me worry that maybe there was some sort of glitch when my order was made...

nah, that's normal

or rather, it's a glitch that's been around for a while. I don't think anyone in Canada has had those particular rewards ship yet. They seem to be rolling them out one at a time. Some people in the States have gotten their puzzles already.

Cactus

Banned
nah, that's normal

or rather, it's a glitch that's been around for a while. I don't think anyone in Canada has had those particular rewards ship yet. They seem to be rolling them out one at a time. Some people in the States have gotten their puzzles already.

Ok, that's a relief. Thank you kindly

SickBoy

WOAH WOAH WOAH, is this for real?? I thought Chapters excluded electronics and stuff on their offers.

Interesting: "Offer excludes Apple® products and accessories; gift cards; Kate Spade®, LEGO® and Rosetta Stone® products; used books/music/DVDs; and loyalty memberships or Love of Reading products or donations"

teeg

nah, that's normal

I had my Puzzle from Club Nintendo ship this past Tuesday, but my Zelda pouch hasn't been shipped yet.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah and they take the 20% off pre-tax so you are only taxed on the $360.00 which is double awesome.
Well probably because it would be illegal for them to tax you on the 450-360 portion ;P

Savings/coupons are always done pre-tax.

terrible

Banned
It's hard to imagine it getting any cheaper with the dollar situation. If you're even on fence I say this is too good to pass up.

Unless someone is holding out for a revision I'd say you're right. I would be surprised if we saw the PS4 go for cheaper any time soon. $360 is a pretty good deal considering how rare sales have been.

N° 2048

cool and its look like a cool coop game

Seriously a great game. I am so glad it sold well. I probably put in over 40 hours into Dying Light and there's still a lot to do.

I can't recommend it enough, it's like Far Cry and Mirror's Edge had a zombie baby :) (and holy shit at drop kicking zombies and some of the other perks/skills you can unlock)

chrono01

My Majora's Mask Messenger Bag hasn't shipped yet. I had completely forgotten about it. :/

are there ever any "deals" on pc components?

I'm looking at doing a mid range build that will out perform my ps4 (i5, gtx 960 or 970) and it looks like i'll be paying twice what anyone in the US would pay

people on kijiji/craigslist unloading old gear seem to be charging full retail or 10 bucks off for their used shit, i'd rather just buy new at those prices :/

ahdurian

I'm looking at doing a mid range build that will out perform my ps4 (i5, gtx 960 or 970) and it looks like i'll be paying twice what anyone in the US would pay

people on kijiji/craigslist unloading old gear seem to be charging full retail or 10 bucks off for their used shit, i'd rather just buy new at those prices :/

i feel like NCIX just had a deal but I could be mistaken....

Adamastor

I don't know if this will work at every Best Buy, but at the south London store because they have a tone of clearance games from Future Shop, they were selling them at half price. Basically anything in the gaming department that ended in $xx,95 or $xx,97 was being slashed in half. Worth a try for anyone willing to try it.

I don't know if this will work at every Best Buy, but at the south London store because they have a tone of clearance games from Future Shop, they were selling them at half price. Basically anything in the gaming department that ended in $xx,95 or $xx,97 was being slashed in half. Worth a try for anyone willing to try it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Also, someone else in London, crazy. :p

kennah

It's very infrequent. Keep an eye on the parts you want in shopbot. Jump of gaf bst thread deals. Depending on where you are, if there is a microcenter across the border it's actually worth the trip.

curb

Banned

I might need to check that out. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess I should check for anything good on Monday. Thanks.

Top Bottom