• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ElNino

It's not really worth it. If you want to get everything out of it, it's well over $40 in the end. And everything it has to offer isn't nearly good enough to justify the cost.
I'm of this opinion as well.

Even my son (who is 8) regrets using some of his Christmas money on the game as he has barely played it. I thought he would like the level building as he loves Minecraft, but it just hasn't done anything for him. I can't say I blame him either as the gameplay isn't nearly as enjoyable as some of the other "kids" games he likes (ie. Skylanders and Lego to a lesser extent).

etta

my hard graphic balls
I done diddly did it. I was gonna wait until E3, but a redesign is very unlikely, and a price drop is quite unlikely too since it is selling too well. $360 before tax was too good of a deal to pass up on for the PS4. Shipped it to an Indigo store, says it should arrive by early June, just in time for E3.

Gas prices are shit. Above $1.35/liter.

So why is the Canadian dollar still in the pooper?

Well, it has been improving. Down to 1.21 from 1.28 CAD:USD. A couple more months, maybe we will see 1.10-1.15.

kennah

Maybe it's just my superstore but they have a shitload of stuff discounted

N3ds xl 194
Nsmbu 50
Mk8 55
Ssbu 55
Wind waker hd 43

Xbone with kinect 424

Alien isolation 30

Lots of stuff at 5 to 10 off or more.

curb

Banned
Whoever originally brought out that 20% off Indigo/Visa deal, thanks! I finally bought the Star Wars Clone Wars blu-ray collectors set I've been eyeing for a while.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Whoever originally brought out that 20% off Indigo/Visa deal, thanks! I finally bought the Star Wars Clone Wars blu-ray collectors set I've been eyeing for a while.

Yes, they saved us many monies. Chapters/Indigo hates him! Lol jk. I'm too excited. Finally have a PS4!!!!!!!

Flambe

Gas prices are shit. Above $1.35/liter.

So why is the Canadian dollar still in the pooper?

Gross, 1.02 here in Northern bc. Used to be pretty bad prices until Costco opened a gas bar, now we're usually close to bottom of the province whee.

DVCY201

Randomly had my Indigo order cancelled. I guess I'll have to call them. Hopefully, I can still get it. PS4 is showing out of stock now.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck, maybe I should jump on this PS4 deal. But FF15 doesn't even have a release date. Someone, convince me not to get it!

Get it if you plan to get it soon anyway, because this is probably the best price we will get in Canada for at least another year. I doubt even Black Friday sale price will be 350$ or less. If you were planning to get it in 2016 or later then just wait.

Randomly had my Indigo order cancelled. I guess I'll have to call them. Hopefully, I can still get it. PS4 is showing out of stock now.

Wait for real? I'm glad I did it last night, then. I was really hesitant. Hopefully it won't get cancelled.

Ventara

Don't get it.

Get it. Or not. I dunno.

You all make a compelling argument. This might go down to who has the best avatar.

Get it if you plan to get it soon anyway, because this is probably the best price we will get in Canada for at least another year. I doubt even Black Friday sale price will be 350$ or less. If you were planning to get it in 2016 or later then just wait.

Wait for real? I'm glad I did it last night, then. I was really hesitant. Hopefully it won't get cancelled.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait. FF15 might not even come next year, and if Indigo is out of PS4s, then I guess that's decided then.

BadWolf

Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait. FF15 might not even come next year, and if Indigo is out of PS4s, then I guess that's decided then.

Imo it's pretty much impossible for FF15 not to come out next year.

Personally I have plenty to play on PS3/PC so I have no problem waiting till the end of the year or so to get a PS4 (expecting a price drop this year).

Xenoflare

Err, is it me or is the power saving mode on the N3DSXL is different than the others? For my new XL the power saving mode actually makes the screen's color colder while turning it off makes it warm. This is the opposite on my OG

Also I'm pretty sure I got one of dem "plebian" TN panels. The screen fades to white when I tilt it at an extreme angle. My Vita slim however retains most the clarity.

Why did I even bother to check.

:(

etta

my hard graphic balls
You all make a compelling argument. This might go down to who has the best avatar.

PS4 is back in stock at chapters.indigo.ca, go get it mensch.

Magnus

Did you find anything for this? I just purchased a card off itunescarddelivery.com. It was delivered immediately by email, but with their markup (17.99 for 15) and Paypal's exchange rate it came to over $22.

Indeed - a store called MyGiftCardSupply with a very similar interface to the one you linked. Worked well!

Not sure where else to ask, but how safe is it buying parts off someone via Paypal? Not through ebay, it's just a forum. Are there any safeguards in place for buyers or would it be easy to get screwed? The forum is pretty big and has a feedback system, but I dunno.

It's not all that much, maybe $120, but worth thinking about.

ahdurian

Not sure where else to ask, but how safe is it buying parts off someone via Paypal? Not through ebay, it's just a forum. Are there any safeguards in place for buyers or would it be easy to get screwed? The forum is pretty big and has a feedback system, but I dunno.

It's not all that much, maybe $120, but worth thinking about.

there's always some kind of risk, especially if you're not familar with the community on the forums
even here on GAF, with the B/S/T thread, there have been stories of getting scammed.

iLLmAtlc

Food to enjoy your new ps4

0enAmYF.jpg

YOBuxW4.jpg

Tapejara

Anyone seen Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita for pre-order/out in the wild? Apparently Canadian release info was supposed to be confirmed shortly after the US release (which was a few days ago), but I haven't seen anything.

Returners

Anyone seen Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita for pre-order/out in the wild? Apparently Canadian release info was supposed to be confirmed shortly after the US release (which was a few days ago), but I haven't seen anything.

It's a Gamestop exclusive in US, but I haven't seen anything for Canada.

Been looking at that as well.

Maybe it's just my superstore but they have a shitload of stuff discounted

N3ds xl 194
Nsmbu 50
Mk8 55
Ssbu 55
Wind waker hd 43

Xbone with kinect 424

Alien isolation 30

Lots of stuff at 5 to 10 off or more.

I might just check out the one not far from my house and see if they have Captain Toad on sale

curb

Banned
It's a Gamestop exclusive in US, but I haven't seen anything for Canada.

Been looking at that as well.

During their livestream Friday they mentioned EB Games for Canada and made it sound like it would be out at the same time. I haven't seen any hint of actual info on Canadian availability though.

DJ_Lae

thats a fucking awesome deal

Best deal they've probably ever had on Twitter, and they've been doing pretty good the last month or so by tossing milk in there as an option over pop.

Rang up as $17 for me prior to the discount, and that includes Haagen Dazs being on sale.

Maximus.

Hilarious that Bestbuy had FFX-X2 HD for 59.99 when they had the preorder sale a month or so ago, now it retails for 49.99. The preorder price is higher than MSRP...

Xenoflare

Anyone tried to exchange a N3dsxl to hunt for a model w/ IPS screen? I'm debating whether or not it's worth it. I can't do it until the weekend anyways because of the system transfer time limit.....

....I always find out things like these after I make my purchase, same goes to my purple cam HTC m7.

Hilarious that Bestbuy had FFX-X2 HD for 59.99 when they had the preorder sale a month or so ago, now it retails for 49.99. The preorder price is higher than MSRP...

Luckily Amazon had it for $49.99 while they were matching the 10% off.

Looking forward to getting my Limited Edition tomorrow!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has anyone's PS4 shipped from Indigo? I expected they would ship it out in one business day, guess not.

Returners

During their livestream Friday they mentioned EB Games for Canada and made it sound like it would be out at the same time. I haven't seen any hint of actual info on Canadian availability though.

I was in the local EB this morning and it's not in their system at all.

FrsDvl

I still need to get a not broken PS3. Having kids is the worst. (It's the best)

You don't happen to live in Edmonton do you? My ps3 is just laying in the closet, dont think ill ever touch it again. It is a EU model so it won't play most canadian blu rays though.

Top Bottom