• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

kennah

You don't happen to live in Edmonton do you? My ps3 is just laying in the closet, dont think ill ever touch it again. It is a EU model so it won't play most canadian blu rays though.
Aww that's kind! I'm in Winnipeg and 90% of the reason I want to get mine fixed is to play Canadian blu rays lol

Passed by Best Buy and saw a big Splatoon banner above the door.

Too bad it's $70. Played the demo over the weekend and it was fun (was even more fun once I figured out you could disable motion camera control).

Renewed

I don't understand why Canada Post keeps screwing up when they deliver something to me. Apartment 503, NOT 508.

Salty because it's probably my Wii U Gamepad adapter replacement and it came on Friday, but to the wrong place (apartment RIGHT in front of me). Could have tried Splatoon ;-;

ahdurian

I don't understand why Canada Post keeps screwing up when they deliver something to me. Apartment 503, NOT 508.

Salty because it's probably my Wii U Gamepad adapter replacement and it came on Friday, but to the wrong place (apartment RIGHT in front of me). Could have tried Splatoon ;-;

Because it's Canada Post. Same reason a lot of the drivers don't actually ring door bells and just leave the notice in your mailbox/front porch

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Do we know of any deals for Driveclub?
Ask any member of the Driveclub Defence Force and they'll tell you that it's $20 and to just shut up and go buy it, without realizing that not everyone lives in the States.

Yes I'm salty that we can't get it for $20 here. >(

Deal?

BB is selling FS's game steelbooks. The Watch Dogs one is $0.97. Others like Smash and NHL are $4.95. Battlefield Hardline, Unity, and FFXIII-2 are $9.99.

EDIT: In store.

Kiro

My majoras mask tote bag from club nintendo was shipped but I have moved and didn't change the address. Will they notify me when it's arrived so I can see if they kept it at the post office/ ups (which one?) Office?

Harusame

I take comfort in my expensive as fuck Splatoon knowing that I probably won't be buying another Wii U game for many months.
I'm just about in the same situation as you are. The next Wii U game after Splatoon that I have pre-ordered is Rodea the Sky Soldier...and that doesn't come out until September.

DJ_Lae

I should have jumped on the $53 Xbox One digital deal before they corrected the price to $63 after discount.

I mean, I'm in for a $36 copy of the PC version through Amazon's E3 deal, but I don't know how my PC is going to run it.

Sora_N

Fuck, any deals for PS Plus?

My sub expires May 17. I could wait till June 1. I don't really play online, and I don't think FF14 needs plus anyways.

i-Jest

My sub expires May 17. I could wait till June 1. I don't really play online, and I don't think FF14 needs plus anyways.

Not that I'm aware of but the sheer lack of PS Plus subscription discounts is making me think we'll never see it happen again, not for a long while. Now that the install base for PS4 has grown significantly, since stock became stable, it just makes me think Sony, and official distributors alike, won't need to give the console and service that extra boost.

I really hope it does happen soon though. I got another year on my subscription.

I'd say follow the BST thread, every now and then some gaffers sell them for a bit of discount! Our exchange rate doesn't help much but it might be better than retail!

WOW. $79.99 for the new Assassin's Creed game announced today. That's $89 after tax here. We really are approaching $100 games. I never have and never will pay more than $60 for a game...rarely pay more than $40 actually.

sikkinixx

Oh Canada Post. Got a tracking number on a package from Manitoba somewhere to Vancouver. Should be delivered in 20 days after pick up.

Wut?

Four days later, it updates and say is it'll be here tomorrow.

DJ_Lae

Disappears once I log in - I haven't seen the $53 price in a few weeks, unfortunately.

CEMVdiV.jpg

Frankly, the fact Sony hasn't raised the price from $50 is a deal in itself since everything else has gone up due to the dollar. Dualshock 4? $75. Games? $80. PS4? $450, and $500 when the Arkham Knight bundles are out.

ohlawd

srsly guys

I still got an unused year of PS+. anyone wanna bite with a $35 eShop code? shit, someone bite ;_;

it's only five bucks more than two years ago when they went on sale for $30 during Black Friday ;_;

etta

my hard graphic balls
WOW. $79.99 for the new Assassin's Creed game announced today. That's $89 after tax here. We really are approaching $100 games. I never have and never will pay more than $60 for a game...rarely pay more than $40 actually.

The CAD has improved though, so not sure why they went from 74.99$ to 79.99$. At this point, it becomes price gouging and discrimination.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
srsly guys

I still got an unused year of PS+. anyone wanna bite with a $35 eShop code? shit, someone bite ;_;

it's only five bucks more than two years ago when they went on sale for $30 during Black Friday ;_;

I sent you a PM.

Sora_N

Frankly, the fact Sony hasn't raised the price from $50 is a deal in itself since everything else has gone up due to the dollar. Dualshock 4? $75. Games? $80. PS4? $450, and $500 when the Arkham Knight bundles are out.

Yeah true, well I might still pay $50 but it depends if June's games suck or not or else I could wait a month more.

srsly guys

Who sells those cards? I'd rather just send you $35 PayPal lol.

ohlawd

I sent you a PM.

thanks again

now I'm out of PS+ cards so my sub's gonna lapse later this year. and I'm gonna let it

still got an extra year of XBL for sale tho. actually I got two but I figure I'll stay on for another year.

same thing. 35 eShop for it.

Who sells those cards? I'd rather just send you $35 PayPal lol.
BB does. just found out 7/11 does too

sorry btw. shit's gone ;_;

CKB3375

**New Deal**

Bloodborne is $49.99 at Walmart starting tomorrow. Great deal considering how few and far between gaming deals are these days.

Dying Light and Dragon Age are also on for $49.99 (PS4 only).

curb

Banned
I wasn't interested too until I saw the black spidey.

The figure is nice but it sounds like it may be available apart from the bundle at some point. No official word yet though.

I wouldn't mind having the game on my Vita/PSTV but I don't really need it - especially since I already have the Spider-Man playset and the two Toy Box games.

StevieP

Banned
Aww that's kind! I'm in Winnipeg and 90% of the reason I want to get mine fixed is to play Canadian blu rays lol

are you in the gta? I need to find an inexpensive way to fix my ps3's bd drive as well. Everything else on the console seems to be OK, but the drive no longer accepts discs :/

kennah

are you in the gta? I need to find an inexpensive way to fix my ps3's bd drive as well. Everything else on the console seems to be OK, but the drive no longer accepts discs :/

The post you quoted says I'm in Winnipeg ;)

Yeah, that's my problem too. Alas.

All the quotes I get for repair are like $160. Local pawn shops carry the 12gig for $120, so I'll probably get one of those.

StevieP

Banned
The post you quoted says I'm in Winnipeg ;)

Yeah, that's my problem too. Alas.

All the quotes I get for repair are like $160. Local pawn shops carry the 12gig for $120, so I'll probably get one of those.

Damn! Shows how much I read on mobile... I have had a couple similar quotes here, and when I called sony they told me they'd fix it for 99 bucks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Grrrrr, is Indigo usually slow to ship out stuff? Spoiled by Amazon and their amazing same-(business)day ship out.

Aske

**New Deal**

Bloodborne is $49.99 at Walmart starting tomorrow. Great deal considering how few and far between gaming deals are these days.

Thank you! Time to get my Bloodborne on!

Dunlop

**New Deal**

Must resist. I think I am in the 1% of GAF that owns a PS4 and has not played this game

tried Demon Soul and LoTF and they just didnt click for me

zeitgeist

**New Deal**

Amazing! Will price match at BB and finally use my reward coupons.

Top Bottom