• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I hardly buy off PSN, but there are no tax charges in Ontario right?

If I buy a game for $59.99 on PSN it will charge that amount to my CC correct?

Seems like the Borderlands 2 code that comes with the Vita may have expired, has anyone tried using it yet?

I just ordered that bundle a few hours ago. I can let you know on Friday when it arrives if you'd like. You are speaking of the DLC code right?

ryan-ts

I just ordered that bundle a few hours ago. I can let you know on Friday when it arrives if you'd like. You are speaking of the DLC code right?

I have it with me right now, I was just asking while the system update was downloading. And it seems like another system update was released while I was downloading the last system update. This is fun lol.

The game and the dlc are both downloadable through a single code (which apparently expired 03/31/2015). I just wanted to know because I'm probably not going to play it and would offer it to someone else if the code still worked.

Jinto

Seems like the Borderlands 2 code that comes with the Vita may have expired, has anyone tried using it yet?

Mine worked. I redeemed it online. I got an error message, but I got a confirmation email.

It's not supposed to expire until March 31, 2015. Maybe the code has been used? That happened to me before when I purchased a Vita TV and someone used the code for the lego movie game. In any case, you should contact Sony.

Edit: I meant it's not supposed to expire until March 31, 2017.

The game and the dlc are both downloadable through a single code (which apparently expired 03/31/2015). I just wanted to know because I'm probably not going to play it and would offer it to someone else if the code still worked.

Hmm, that's kind of annoying.

I'm not sure how it works from the Vita but from PS3 and 4 you can enter the code, it will tell you what it's for and then you redeem it. So you can check before actually claiming it.

Regardless, you should call Sony if it is expired and get the code, sell it for $10 or give it away. Expiration dates on downloadable games need to go.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
DMC4 SE is surprisingly $25 on PSN. Might preorder it.

ryan-ts

Mine worked. I redeemed it online. I got an error message, but I got a confirmation email.

It's not supposed to expire until March 31, 2015. Maybe the code has been used? That happened to me before when I purchased a Vita TV and someone used the code for the lego movie game. In any case, you should contact Sony.

In the fine print on the Borderlands 2 paper sheet that comes with the Vita it says the code is valid until March 31st. Anyway, I'm going to just put the code in the free stuff thread and let them know it might not work.

I'm not sure how it works from the Vita but from PS3 and 4 you can enter the code, it will tell you what it's for and then you redeem it. So you can check before actually claiming it.

Good to know.

Fucking hell, I ordered my Vita bundle from Amazon. Didn't even notice the deal in this thread.

(

Ah well, sold out at all nearby shops anyway, plus it looks like it's back to $199.

Jinto

In the fine print on the Borderlands 2 paper sheet that comes with the Vita it says the code is valid until March 31st. Anyway, I'm going to just put the code in the free stuff thread and let them know it might not work.

Oh, I thought you already tried it. Yeah, my voucher says it expires on March 31, 2017. I typed 2015 by mistake. The code should be all good.

I picked up a BL2 Vita bundle at the Huron/Highbury location in London. They had one left in the display case when they closed (as we were leaving).

Undecided if I'm going to keep it or return it. I have a PSV-1000.. will have to think about it.

Sora_N

Digital only in NA.

No physical copy in NA.

Edit: Beaten. >(

Ok, $25 is a good deal still but might wait for a PSN sale.

I have it with me right now, I was just asking while the system update was downloading. And it seems like another system update was released while I was downloading the last system update. This is fun lol.

I'll take it. :D

Returners

Digital only in NA.

Now it's tempting.... considering what happened to The Old Blood. 17.99 at preorder and now it's at 24.99. 5 bucks more than the US store.

Speaking of Old Blood, I think EBGames is selling codes for it at 19.99. I saw a retail "box" with a 19.99 tag on it. With tax it should still be cheaper than PSN Store.

N° 2048

I picked up a BL2 Vita bundle at the Huron/Highbury location in London. They had one left in the display case when they closed (as we were leaving).

Undecided if I'm going to keep it or return it. I have a PSV-1000.. will have to think about it.

I'll buy it off you unopened for cost + shipping (or delivery) to Toronto + $10 extra.

N° 2048

If you can't find one and I decide not to keep it, sure. Though just cost+shipping would be fine. I'll think about it for a couple days.

Thanks! Girlfriend is going to try to PM @ BestBuy tomorrow

"If you find a lower price online, in-store, or in print before you buy or within 30 days of your purchase we’ll beat that price by 10% of the difference."

BB price match Policy.

Sora_N

"If you find a lower price online, in-store, or in print before you buy or within 30 days of your purchase we’ll beat that price by 10% of the difference."

BB price match Policy.

Can someone scan their receipt in printable quality? Lol.

Maybe I'll go down to BB during lunch and try.

Returners

BB price match Policy.

They might try to ding you on the in-stock part of the policy.

EDIT: what achtius said

DJ_Lae

Thinking about this now, just as I was when they were on clearance at Target. I think I've finally reached a point where I feel like I know better, though ;)

Yeah, I don't really need it but it was tempting. Problem solved either way, someone bought the last unit at Meadowlark 20 minutes before I got there.

DJ_Lae

How reliable is walmart availability check anyway? Probably I will try to PM at BB if Walmart still has some in stock tomorrow.

Showed limited stock at the one I went to even though they were sold out. Probably as accurate as any other store (except London Drugs, they seem to be bang on down to the unit count from what I've experienced).

Picked up a $99 Vita! I've got quite the PS+ backlog, so I'm very happy to finally jump on the Vita train. I've been looking for one recently, so it's really awesome that I scored this deal.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Did any of you guys with the Indigo PS4 deal get charged and/or shipment notice? For me, it is the second business day and still no charge on the card, and has not shipped out either.

UberTag

Picked up a $99 Vita! I've got quite the PS+ backlog, so I'm very happy to finally jump on the Vita train. I've been looking for one recently, so it's really awesome that I scored this deal.
Congrats! Happy to see someone get to experience Vita ownership for the first time.
You will not regret it.
A great library and PS4 remote play (even away from home).

LGom09

Did any of you guys with the Indigo PS4 deal get charged and/or shipment notice? For me, it is the second business day and still no charge on the card, and has not shipped out either.
No, but my expected delivery date was something like May 28.

EDIT: nvm, just got shipping confirmation :p

i-Jest

DMC4 SE is surprisingly $25 on PSN. Might preorder it.

I'm so tempted to preorder. I intended to get the game too. That pricing looks like an error but damn is it tempting. PS4 remasters, remakes, and definitive editions are usually $39.99 and up right?

*sighs*

Time to get out the old credit card.

iLLmAtlc

PSN might increase the price for DMC4. I think it happened to Witcher 3, it started at 53.99 for the longest time then eventually became 62.99

DVCY201

No. When I talked with them, they said they oversold. So most PS4's are backorders, for example, mine is expected to arrive on June 15th(?). I don't expect a shipment notice anytime soon.

Ryne

Time to go on Kijiji to see if someone is selling one of those Vitas at a decent price. Got home too late from work to take advantage of that deal.

Top Bottom