• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

etta

my hard graphic balls
No. When I talked with them, they said they oversold. So most PS4's are backorders, for example, mine is expected to arrive on June 15th(?). I don't expect a shipment notice anytime soon.

Goddamnit. Oh well. I guess the price was worth the minor troubles.

Never mind, my order says "Shipped in full." Wooooooooo!

I hope the otheres get it ASAP too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah mine says Shipped in Full too. No date or tracking stuff though.

I shipped mine to a Chapters store near me, because it was free shipping, and I am hoping it is a little bit faster than shipping to home. So excited! Finally get to play The Last of Us on PS4, I only finished it once on PS3.

Just grabbed one, thanks!

I already have a Vita, but I've been meaning to pick up a Vita Slim for awhile. Too bad it won't let me link my psn account to both Vitas and my PS TV.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong. I guess it might be 3 portable devices per account. I haven't tried it yet though.

Any confirmation on this? Can you have more then 1 vita per PS+ account?

espher

Managed to slip over this morning and pick up a Vita. Still two left at my store (they had four when the promo went live, and my coworker and I now own one).

Now to try and get games I guess.

Qwyjibo

I'm trying to convince myself to jump on this Vita deal because it's such a great price. But then I look at multiple lists of "best Vita games" and the only ones that I am interested in are Persona 4 and Tearaway. Nearly every other good game listed I've already played on PC. Is more coming to the Vita or is it basically dead going forward?

N° 2048

If you can't find one and I decide not to keep it, sure. Though just cost+shipping would be fine. I'll think about it for a couple days.

Thanks! Girlfriend is going to try to PM @ BestBuy tomorrow

"If you find a lower price online, in-store, or in print before you buy or within 30 days of your purchase we’ll beat that price by 10% of the difference."

BB price match Policy.

She got it! I repeat, she fucking got it!
BB only checked her phone (she had the paged cached showing in stock $99 at the Whiby Walmart ;) )

Got it for 89.99, she said it's on her since my birthday is next week.

I am beyond happy.

Not a gaming deal, but bananarepublic.ca has a pretty good deal right now:

50% off select styles
+40% off code BRCSAVE
+25% off email signup code (use 10-minute mail or gmail punctuation trick)

For a total of 77.5% off the regular price.

Also if you're near a Staples or Rexall they have 20% off BR GC's.

And ebates will give you 4% cashback.

Free shipping over $50.

BB only checked her phone (she had the paged cached showing in stock $99 at the Whiby Walmart ;) )

Got it got 89.99, she said it's on her since my birthday is next week.

I am beyond happy.

verynice.gif

Amazon just shipped my copy of the Witcher 3. Really surprised to see it sent out so early from them, Amazon is usually a day or two late with shipping games out for me.

Magnus

Unknown if already posted, but I'm holding the EBGames game days flyer, dated May 16-31/

Bloodborne, Driveclub, LBP3 and Order:1886 all $40 new.

Evolve and Borderlands:Handsome (both systems), $45.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to convince myself to jump on this Vita deal because it's such a great price. But then I look at multiple lists of "best Vita games" and the only ones that I am interested in are Persona 4 and Tearaway. Nearly every other good game listed I've already played on PC. Is more coming to the Vita or is it basically dead going forward?
DJMax Technika Tune is the best rhythm game since Guitar Hero that no one has played. A system seller for me. Also, portable Rogue Legacy and Luftrausers is the tits.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Apparently, EB Games charged me and a bunch of others for The Witcher 3 earlier this morning. The CS rep I talked to said he was surprised that they did considering they're shipping tomorrow rather than today, but if I'm lucky and they do end up shipping today I'll have my CE tomorrow. :D

Lexxism

I am beyond happy.
Nice. She's lucky that BB didn't bother calling Walmart.

N° 2048

$100 Vita 2000's? Dammit. Online says one store in town still has stock. Don't trust it though...

Go price match @ BB if it says in stock @ $99! That was good enough for us and they priced matched.

Really depends which CSR you get. Ours barely looked at the site on the phone.

Some actually call Wal Mart to check.

(It was an Ajax BestBuy btw)

I remember reading somewhere that you can get 2 psv per account only one device can play online.

I haven't tried in a while, but I had my PSN account on two PS Vita's at one point. From what I remember, I was able to play multiplayer with the two kits on Wipeout, but can't remember if I tried online. I was under the impression it worked for both.

But still share the MASSIVE backlog of PS+ games I have?

Yes, if you have two PS Vita's, or one Vita and one PSP, you have complete access to all your games on both systems. I haven't tried PS TV + PS Vita, I wonder if it's recognized as a console or a handheld. You may be able to have two Vitas and one or two PSTV's.

Depends on what you like. Japanese games still come over on a regular basis. DanganRonpa: Another Episode and Persona 4: Dancing All Night are the big ones I remember offhand. Western support comes almost entirely in the form of indie releases, which are usually PC ports or joint releases with PS3/PS4/PC. Big publisher support is mostly dead (Disney Infinity 2.0 is a really weird exception) and Sony first-party retail support is completely dead.

Generally speaking, if the Vita's current library (including PS1/PSP games) doesn't appeal to you now, it's unlikely to ever appeal to you. That said, Persona 4 Golden is pretty sweet.

$100 Vita 2000's? Dammit. Online says one store in town still has stock. Don't trust it though...

Go anyways? Unless it's really out of your way, the worst case scenario is you go home empty-handed. Don't think, just go!

Unknown if already posted, but I'm holding the EBGames game days flyer, dated May 16-31/

bu-bu-bu-but the Driveclub PS+ thread told me Driveclub could be bought anywhere for $10 and comes with a free 2L Mountain Dew

I haven't tried in a while, but I had my PSN account on two PS Vita's at one point. From what I remember, I was able to play multiplayer with the two kits on Wipeout, but can't remember if I tried online. I was under the impression it worked for both.

Yes, if you have two PS Vita's, or one Vita and one PSP, you have complete access to all your games on both systems. I haven't tried PS TV + PS Vita, I wonder if it's recognized as a console or a handheld. You may be able to have two Vitas and one or two PSTV's.

NICE!!!

bu-bu-bu-but the Driveclub PS+ thread told me Driveclub could be bought anywhere for $10 and comes with a free 2L Mountain Dew

I need this deal, and I don't even need the Mountain Dew to go with it.

krae_man

I cleaned out the last one from Fairview so if they're showing they have stock that's a lie.

Stanley Park says in stock, Sunrise says low. Others OOS.

Stanley Park is closest to work. If I'm quick I can catch the 8 and get there grab one of they have one and be home 30 minutes later then normal tops...

UberTag

Stanley Park says in stock, Sunrise says low. Others OOS.

Stanley Park is closest to work. If I'm quick I can catch the 8 and get there grab one of they have one and be home 30 minutes later then normal tops...
Best of luck. I'd still call them up beforehand to make sure their inventory count is accurate.
Give Sunrise a try if you come up empty.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
$100 Vitas, DMC4 SE price parity, over 75% off at bananarepublic.ca..... All on the same page?

Return of the Deals

Aske

Nice! Guess I'm getting Bloodborne from EB.

farisr

Devil May Cry 4 SE hasn't been price adjusted from $24.99 yet. This may infact be legit. We'll see though.

I have a thing about minimizing digital purchases trying to get physical only, but man $25 on launch is a pretty tempting price, especially compared to the price it'd be importing the physical version.

timnich

Walmart is selling a LG 4K TV for $998, anyone know if this is a good TV? I'm in the market for a new TV and wouldn't mind picking up a 4K set to future proof myself. Don't really care about Smart TV features as I'm going to have a PC hooked up to it

ohlawd

I'm weak

trying to sell my extra Vita (lol that buyer's remorse) and someone offers for 15 bucks lower than I put up. maybe I'll get them to bump it up an extra fiver for a drink. wat do?

i-Jest

I have a thing about minimizing digital purchases trying to get physical only, but man $25 on launch is a pretty tempting price, especially compared to the price it'd be importing the physical version.

I do the same but NA isn't getting the game in the physical and I can't say no to that price. I also want to show my support for the series. Capcom needs to know that the the DMC name is still relevant and we're long overdue for a DMC 5.

I'm weak

trying to sell my extra Vita (lol that buyer's remorse) and someone offers for 15 bucks lower than I put up. maybe I'll get them to bump it up an extra fiver for a drink. wat do?

Do a give away in the deals thread instead :p

Ame

But till when? "Experts" says it will be back to 80 cents at the end of the year. I hope they were wrong lol

Well it looks like retailers are already adjusting their prices for most of the fall releases to $79.99.

BestBuy.ca
EBgames.ca

Like you said, hopefully they're wrong and the dollar continues to rise. Fuck paying $80 plus tax for a game.

UberTag

Like you said, hopefully they're wrong and the dollar continues to rise. Fuck paying $80 plus tax for a game.
What makes you think the dollar rising would make a difference in the launch day prices they'll choose to gouge us with?

Ame

What makes you think the dollar rising would make a difference in the launch day prices they'll choose to gouge us with?

Wishful thinking. I get that even if the dollar was at parity again, prices wouldn't change in hurry. Basically what Xaero Gravity pointed out. Retailers would still sell $80 games for as long as possible. It's just shitty to see those kinds of prices again.

I am beyond happy.

Awesome.

I wonder how much I could sell my 1000 for... haven't decided if I'm going to keep the 2000 or not.

Top Bottom