• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Dunlop

Got Walmart to PM the EBgames price for Bloodbourne, they didn't pay attention to the date

20 minutes in and I realize I have no idea what I am doing lol

Youtube tutorials are in my future

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, EB shipped my Witcher 3 CE and the order seems to include a steelbook in addition to the one included in the CE. Wasn't expecting that.

theRizzle

Got Walmart to PM the EBgames price for Bloodbourne, they didn't pay attention to the date

You aren't supposed to know what you're doing.. that's the beauty of it. Even if you have played Souls and have an understanding of how the game works mechanically, you are still going to have (mostly) no idea what items do what, where to go, who to help/not help, etc.

Stick with it when (not if) you get really frustrated and want to quit. It's a GREAT game.

Gxgear

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your Witcher 3 shipping notices ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your Witcher 3 shipping notices ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DAY ZERO ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
ibvqb1t2bE5bg8.png

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Noooo, play it blind

Zing

Banned
There's superufo and nippon-yasan. I don't know which one but I think you can get the card for $100 with shipping included.

edit: I did a quick google. superufo: 83.79 USD = 102.99 CAD ; nippon-yasan: 10101 yen = 104.02 CAD
I like how the memory card costs more than the system itself.

balohna

Went to order Bloodbourne online because there aren't really any Wal-Marts near me (there was one kiiiiinda close to where I lived a month ago, but still not close). Wanted to use my gift card from MKX, but I guess you can't do that online. I may make the trek out to an actual Wal-Mart tomorrow and try my luck. If it's sold out I'll just use the $10 for something else and order the game online.

I'm almost tempted to just wait and see if it gets even cheaper later this year, especially because I still have Demon's Souls and Dark Souls playthroughs to finish, but these days $40 for a recently released game seems like about as good as I can hope for.

Lexxism

Went to order Bloodbourne online because there aren't really any Wal-Marts near me (there was one kiiiiinda close to where I lived a month ago, but still not close). Wanted to use my gift card from MKX, but I guess you can't do that online. I may make the trek out to an actual Wal-Mart tomorrow and try my luck. If it's sold out I'll just use the $10 for something else and order the game online.

I'm almost tempted to just wait and see if it gets even cheaper later this year, especially because I still have Demon's Souls and Dark Souls playthroughs to finish, but these days $40 for a recently released game seems like about as good as I can hope for.

How about going to EB Games? It's much cheaper by $10.

Lexxism

Oh sweet, I didn't realize that. Yeah, ok.

I also saw another option is going to Best Buy and using my reward zone certificate that expires in 2 months.

Well, price match EB's 39.99 @ BB. You'll get it 38.99 and then use your reward zone. Your best option :)

Roto13

My mom went to buy a Vita today, but they were back up to regular price. Her local Wal-Mart had several still in stock, but for $200. She was disappointed. She played Zen Pinball 2 on mine the last time I visited and now she wants one for herself.

Sora_N

$40 is a great deal. Too bad I don't really want to rebuy

Madness

goddamn Mass Effect Trilogy for $5????

Only one I need is ME1 but still...

then again I'm not even sure I want to play it, I'm still bitter about ME3 lol

ME3 really leaves the trilogy on a sour note. I don't know if you'll want to get into it with the controls being so dated now. They are a bit wonky. The best part of ME1 came from the fact it's story was brand new, and the game play was incredible at the time. But now that you know what the Reapers are, what became of the Protheans, and basically everything, it kills a lot of what makes ME1 fun. I was blown away when I first played and still had a blast with ME2. ME3 was a low point for me too.

balohna

$40 is a great deal. Too bad I don't really want to rebuy

Ended up getting it for about $30 at Best Buy with price matching EB and a reward zone voucher.

I don't know if I'll play it yet, instead I came home and continued my unfinished Dark Souls save. I also have Demon's Souls in progress buy my PS3 has issues right now.

I enjoy the Souls series but have yet to finish any of them, so starting a third one feels excessive.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone else order The Witcher 3 through EB Games? My Purolator tracking info says they still haven't picked it up and I'm getting worried it won't show up on Tuesday. :(

Bluenoser

I jumped on that ME Trilogy right away. I have the trilogy for Xbox 360 but only finished part 1, and got through maybe half of part 2. Didn't even open 3. I'd rather get trophies than achievement points so this was a downright steal. Guess I'll sell my 360 trilogy for whatever I can get ($10? $15? lol)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Looks like I won't be getting The Witcher 3 on time thanks to Purolator not picking up the fucking package on time. I've already taken Tuesday off and everything to make sure I was here to accept it. Simply stunning. >(

AzerPhire

Looks like I won't be getting The Witcher 3 on time thanks to Purolator not picking up the fucking package on time. I've already taken Tuesday off and everything to make sure I was here to accept it. Simply stunning. >(

Just go to Wal Mart early in the morning and buy a copy. When your EB copy comes in return it back to Wal Mart.

Problem solved.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just go to Wal Mart early in the morning and buy a copy. When your EB copy comes in return it back to Wal Mart.

Problem solved.
It's the CE, so I'm not sure if that will work. Although it might since I believe the CE comes with the standard edition along with a steelbook instead of only a steelbook like most CEs.

Hopeford

Passing on this myself, but Chapters/Indigo has the PS4 + Last of Us bundles back in stock this morning in case anyone was waiting for them to re-stock.

20% off using Visa Checkout. Ship to store for in-store pick-up. Brings it to $360+tax.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/ps4-console-500gb-includes-the/711719470175-item.html?ikwid=ps4&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

Thank you so much! I was waiting for them to restock. That's the cheapest a ps4 has been in Canada, isn't it?

zroid

Banned
Picked up my $5 Metal Gear Rising from EB, and it was even sealed! Yay

glad I waited this long despite being tempted all the while it was $10

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up my $5 Metal Gear Rising from EB, and it was even sealed! Yay

glad I waited this long despite being tempted all the while it was $10

Should I jump on this too? I hated the camera from the demo, everything else was fine.

zroid

Banned
Should I jump on this too? I hated the camera from the demo, everything else was fine.

great game

I bought it day 1 and traded it in, always meant to re-buy. camera is not really worse than other games of its ilk (which is to say, it's not great, but you get used to it).

Renewed

You just need to manipulate the camera away from walls and other obstructions. Also be aware of when an off-screen attack might come on higher difficulties.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The CE's box might have a "Not for Resale" in place of the barcode.
Oh that's a good point. From what I was told, there's still a chance that it was picked up and just not scanned due to them picking up so many packages, so I'll have to wait until Early Tuesday Morning to see what's going on. Hopefully I didn't take Tuesday off for nothing. :D

Top Bottom