• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So I bought Metal Gear Rising (already played it off a borrowed copy, and I own it on PC)...

And then I bought Lightning Returns because in my head $10 for that game somehow turned into a good deal financially, but not for my mental health

daftstar

Passing on this myself, but Chapters/Indigo has the PS4 + Last of Us bundles back in stock this morning in case anyone was waiting for them to re-stock.

20% off using Visa Checkout. Ship to store for in-store pick-up. Brings it to $360+tax.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/ps4-console-500gb-includes-the/711719470175-item.html?ikwid=ps4&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

Should've went for this but I pulled the trigger on the PS4 TLoU + Destiny bundle at BestBuy. It's $399 at Amazon and I drove all over Brampton/Mississauga hoping to get a price match (almost had it too at Heartland BB fuck).

Managed to get it for $480 taxes in at Milton. I'll probably try Destiny for the rest of the month and trade it in for Batman...

N° 2048

Does anyone want my Borderlands 2 code that came with the Vita bundle?

Says it expires March 31, 2017. First one to PM me I guess.

edit:
16c8cf1c0defc07c0de04b471d37b00122b431c0f9457e899f3a25332d8b9fd2.jpg

Yasumi

Banned
Welp, just grabbed a PS4 from Chapters and sniped Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 off of eBay. My soul hurts.

Apparently the Visa discount isn't one-time-use only.

Aske

Surprised at the near-lack of interest.

Isn't $40 for Bloodborne pretty fucking sweet?

Yes, yes it is. Thanks for the tip - finally grabbed a copy today. I expected it to be good, but damn. The atmosphere is unparalleled. Utterly chilling.

LGom09

Yes, yes it is. Thanks for the tip - finally grabbed a copy today. I expected it to be good, but damn. The atmosphere is unparalleled. Utterly chilling.
Just started it myself. I was on media blackout, so I'm pretty blown away right now.

Endy MacK

Passing on this myself, but Chapters/Indigo has the PS4 + Last of Us bundles back in stock this morning in case anyone was waiting for them to re-stock.

20% off using Visa Checkout. Ship to store for in-store pick-up. Brings it to $360+tax.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/ps4-console-500gb-includes-the/711719470175-item.html?ikwid=ps4&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

Thanks for the reminder about the Visa Checkout promotion, I thought it was finished already. I ended up getting a Fitbit Charge HR for my Wife, and I saved $35 with the promotion!

ohlawd

BB is doing their 10% off preorder thing. today, 5 PM PST

might be pointless with E3 so close but it works on May stuff like Splatoon and Witcher 3

Zing

Banned
While I didn't order a PS4, I did order some books from Chapters. Not sure if selling my personal information to Visa is worth the meager discount, though.

What a shame, I need to upgrade from my 16GB card but my city doesn't have TRU lol. On the other hand, I still need to get rid of my old 8GB...

Yasumi

Banned
You could always wait 2 years for the eventual price drop back to $399. By then we'll probably get the slim model.
That'd still be more than it is with 20% off the current price.

Honestly, if you're planning to get a PS4 at any point (in Canada), this would be the time to do it.

Jinto

I just purchased the Dell Alienware Alpha for $549. It's the Intel Core i3 model, with 8GB DDR3L, and 1TB HDD.

I'm clueless when it comes it PC gaming, so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen it Canada. Good enough for my needs, I think.

DJ_Lae

Amazon has some select games 10% off preorders (code MAYSAVE10). Can't find a list anywhere but Splatoon is eligible, bringing its total down to $57 - decent price if you haven't already gotten in on a preorder.

Only says Halo 5 and Lego Dimensions are not eligible but Yoshi's Woolly World didn't work when I tried the code.

Amazon has some select games 10% off preorders (code MAYSAVE10). Can't find a list anywhere but Splatoon is eligible, bringing its total down to $57 - decent price if you haven't already gotten in on a preorder.

Only says Halo 5 and Lego Dimensions are not eligible but Yoshi's Woolly World didn't work when I tried the code.

You can only use the code once? I decided to make multiple preorders but then I got this message
The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase

I just purchased the Dell Alienware Alpha for $549. It's the Intel Core i3 model, with 8GB DDR3L, and 1TB HDD.

I'm clueless when it comes it PC gaming, so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen it Canada. Good enough for my needs, I think.

It's a decent deal for a gaming computer, especially with RAM prices so high. Plus it's in a small form factor which I think costs more than if you built it yourself. Performance-wise it's on the low end but you can probably run most new games on low to medium.

Here's an older thread about a 4GB model that was $400:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dell...i3-gaming-desktop-computer-400-650-a-1720245/

Another thread (basically proving you can't build your own in this form factor at that price):
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dell...-office-365-494-ymmv-otherwise-504-a-1733103/

I think you can get an EDU discount from the MS Store if you're a student.

Jinto

Cool, thanks for the input!

From the sound of it, it's exactly what I was looking for. I'll still be mainly buying new games for console, but at least this is a pretty cheap way for me to dabble in PC gaming. The fact that it comes with Windows, has a small form factor, and comes with an Xbox controller is a bonus. Can't wait until it arrives.

Yeah, getting that addition 10% off would have been a bonus. I tried it, as I am a student, but it's not valid with any other promotions, and this is already $100 off.

kennah

Cool, thanks for the input!

From the sound of it, it's exactly what I was looking for. I'll still be mainly buying new games for console, but at least this is a pretty cheap way for me to dabble in PC gaming. The fact that it comes with Windows, has a small form factor, and comes with an Xbox controller is a bonus. Can't wait until it arrives.

Yeah, getting that addition 10% off would have been a bonus. I tried it, as I am a student, but it's not valid with any other promotions, and this is already $100 off.

It's actually a pretty solid deal. Good get.

kennah

I'm just hoping that I have enough left over this week to jump on the Trade 5 for a $180 Wii U (and that my games are worth more than $8)

Man, I miss Rogers for this stuff

jholmes

You can't get Zelda either, which sucks: it's already priced at $58, so it's only fair, but then wow what a deal that would be.

That said if you were thinking of getting Mighty No. 9 on disc, it is eligible and Amazon dropped it to $35 on Wii U and PS4. Price is still $40 on Xbox One though.

kennah

Yeah had a look through that, everything is too recent. I have a digital only ps3 and a 3ds. So even going to be trading in some of my current 3dd games to rebuy them later.

Top Bottom