• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember when they cleared out all their game stuff. There's something crazy when the margin on CDs is better than the margin on video games.

zroid

Banned
Oh shit, Project Mirai DX delayed to September. I wasn't going to get it because $50 but if we can use E3 deals on it, I'll definitely pre-order

Luigi87

Oh shit, Project Mirai DX delayed to September. I wasn't going to get it because $50 but if we can use E3 deals on it, I'll definitely pre-order

Exactly this for me. I'm glad it is delayed just for money's sake. I pre-ordered it the other day during Best Buy's 10% thing, but am definitely gonna re-pre-order if I can get a better discount during E3.

HMV is still in business?

I used to work at the giant one in downtown Van and thought the whole company went bust

Yep. There's 2 near the Eaton Center here in Toronto. One GIANT store that's like 4-5 floors, and a small one in the Eaton Center itself. The one big store has a floor just for vinyl for whatever reason.

Then there's another one in Yorkville but I don't think that one will be around much longer.

Those 3 are the only ones I know of though. Not even sure if the others are still around anymore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep. There's 2 near the Eaton Center here in Toronto. One GIANT store that's like 4-5 floors, and a small one in the Eaton Center itself. The one big store has a floor just for vinyl for whatever reason.

Then there's another one in Yorkville but I don't think that one will be around much longer.

Those 3 are the only ones I know of though. Not even sure if the others are still around anymore.
The HMV at Yonge and Dundas downsized a while ago, didn't they?

Vinyl "sounds better" or something, and everyone is fine with supporting this model because the alternative is making nothing on Spotify. lol

I just purchased the Dell Alienware Alpha for $549. It's the Intel Core i3 model, with 8GB DDR3L, and 1TB HDD.

I'm clueless when it comes it PC gaming, so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen it Canada. Good enough for my needs, I think.

Nice welcome to the Alpha club :)

Another thread (basically proving you can't build your own in this form factor at that price):
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dell...-office-365-494-ymmv-otherwise-504-a-1733103/

Man that guy arguing that you can build a better computer for half the price is an idiot, haha.

Vinyl "sounds better" or something, and everyone is fine with supporting this model because the alternative is making nothing on Spotify. lol

The big one? I guess they did. Still looks the same to me. But the one inside the Eaton Center, I don't even know why that's still there.

I only started going there recently cause I found out they actually sell a good amount of anime DVD's/Blu-Rays

Sora_N

What the hell does item redirected to recipients new address mean...lol.

I did not change my address....no witcher today then

Now, when the prices are outrageous, EB Games is exclusively selling the Magma Red DualShock 4 I've wanted since launch. It's so tempting.

(Note: It's apparently more than a month away)

Yes, it did. Half of it is now a few different stores. There's a Five Guys and a Silver Snail in the part HMV used to have alongside its current store. Don't recall if they cut any floors from the current layout, they might not use the basement anymore?

It makes sense, practically no one buys music from big chains anymore. The people who care about buying music on physical formats (increasingly vinyl) go to independent stores. Play De Record's just down the street, for example. Everyone else just buys online, uses a streaming service, or torrents. HMV's basically Hot Topic at this point.

frequency

What the hell does item redirected to recipients new address mean...lol.

I did not change my address....no witcher today then

Usually means it got sorted incorrectly and they noticed it later and put it back to be re-sorted. You should be getting it tomorrow.

DenisQc

SickBoy

Man that guy arguing that you can build a better computer for half the price is an idiot, haha.

One of RFD's all-time greats, I think.

"I could build a better computer for half the price: Just use your old memory, buy a used graphics card, a Pentium processor, a case and a power supply.

TOTAL COST: $295."

"Wait. That's more than half the price already... and what about a motherboard, hard drive, input device and operating system?"

"Shut up. Be ignorant for all I care."

I was almost interested by his claims about the next line of Intel integrated graphics, but then came to my senses and realized I have to take anything this guy says with a grain of salt.

If I had the funds and a bit more time to play games (well, maybe the time would just be a nice-to-have), I'd seriously consider one of these systems.

It's becoming more and more compelling to me as a Windows PC option, because Microsoft keeps jacking up the price on the cool HP Stream Mini.

Joeku

So, uh, anyone else have Witcher arrive from Futureshop without getting charged?

EDIT: Looked into and paypal shows that it was charged to me successfully four days ago, but there has been no movement in by bank account. Weird.

Luigi87

So, uh, anyone else have Witcher arrive from Futureshop without getting charged?

EDIT: Looked into and paypal shows that it was charged to me successfully four days ago, but there has been no movement in by bank account. Weird.
Likely delayed since the banks were closed three days.

Renewed

Is it only Best Buy getting them?

Well EB Games Canada tweeted getting the posters but haven't talked about the costumes. Gamestop said they'd be getting it so we assumed EB would too, but that turned out to be baloney.

iKqqi2P.png

a916

Anyone else getting issues with getting Witcher 3 (from the FutureShop E3 deal?)

I checked the order status and it's out of stock and hasn't shipped yet...

Past

I received The Witcher 3 fom shop.ca today and holy crap it came with so many freebies:

- Thank you sheet
- Set of stickers
- Map
- Slipcover for the case
- Compendium Booklet of the series
- Soundtrack CD
- 16 free dlcs
- Manual (!!)

Most games doesn't even come with a manual these days, so I was blown away with all the stuff I received just from the regular edition.

Ventara

I received The Witcher 3 fom shop.ca today and holy crap it came with so many freebies:

- Thank you sheet
- Set of stickers
- Map
- Slipcover for the case
- Soundtrack CD
- 16 free dlcs
- Manual (!!)

Most games doesn't even come with a manual these days, so I was blown away with all the stuff I received just from the regular edition.

Damn, that's a lot of stuff. I kinda regret cancelling my E3 preorder.

i-Jest

- Thank you sheet
- Set of stickers
- Map
- Slipcover for the case
- Soundtrack CD
- 16 free dlcs
- Manual (!!)

*starts hunting for a first print regular edition*

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh god, somehow Futureshop or Canada Post fucked up my address and no one bothered to try to send the stupid extra copy of The Witcher I ordered. Blah.

- Thank you sheet
- Set of stickers
- Map
- Slipcover for the case
- Soundtrack CD
- 16 free dlcs
- Manual (!!)

This is my Bb E3 copy? Is yours the same?

bNUj4pKl.jpg

DJ_Lae

I think they all have those goodies. The Witcher 2 was similarly loaded as a regular edition.

My Amazon order came with a (tiny) comic book, but hey, it's hard cover.

Returners

Ugh my copy Witcher 3 got crushed. Postman tried (and succeeded) to stuff the entire cardbox box from BB into my condo mailbox instead of leaving it with the concierge.

The sides are crushed.

Ugh my copy Witcher 3 got crushed. Postman tried (and succeeded) to stuff the entire cardbox box from BB into my condo mailbox instead of leaving it with the concierge.

The sides are crushed.

Go to a local bestbuy, chances are you'll be able to get it replaced if you bring evidence of your online order with you.

Top Bottom