• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Returners

EBGames's online store cancelled my online order because my shipping and my billing address differ.

And there was no email of the cancellation, only when I called in today was I informed.

What a shitty system.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The 20% off chapters.indigo.com PS4 arrived at store and is ready for pick-up! About to be part of PS4GAF in just a few hours.

Sora_N

I received The Witcher 3 fom shop.ca today and holy crap it came with so many freebies:

- Thank you sheet
- Set of stickers
- Map
- Slipcover for the case
- Compendium Booklet of the series
- Soundtrack CD
- 16 free dlcs
- Manual (!!)

Most games doesn't even come with a manual these days, so I was blown away with all the stuff I received just from the regular edition.

There was so much stuff!

I was overwhelmed. Most games don't come with even a manual and you basically buy the disc nowadays.

Yasumi

Banned
The 20% off chapters.indigo.com PS4 arrived at store and is ready for pick-up! About to be part of PS4GAF in just a few hours.
Nice! Waiting for mine to come today too. Out for Delivery soon pls. ;-;
cI7xK3e.jpg

a916

Who do I talk to if I have an issue with my FS order? Witcher is comically out of stock even though I pre-ordered during E3. How the hell do you run out of a game in this day and age?
?

ohlawd

Who do I talk to if I have an issue with my FS order? Witcher is comically out of stock even though I pre-ordered during E3. How the hell do you run out of a game in this day and age?
?

call Best Buy support. the automated response is all related to Best Buy but a rep will take any FS issues too

Harusame

I got my Zelda Tote bag from Club Nintendo the other day, but I actually got a shipping notification before hand.

Also, I talked to the manager at EBgames by my place, and he said that they will be doing a midnight release of Splatoon and amiibos, with a possibility of them doing a launch at 9pm Thursday evening, however, they have not received confirmation.

Oneself

?

That's retarted. Got my FS Witcher PS4 E3 order yesterday, it shipped friday.

quo

I found a place selling Cherry Coke Zero in bottles. That must mean Bottled Vanilla Coke Zero exists.

Where did you see them? I have picked up a case from Target in the states but it just makes me want Vanilla Coke Zero even more. Please exist!

Daigr

Amazon seems to be sitting on my Witcher 3 preorder. So I emailed them and asked why. The response was it did not qualify for release day delivery. Wish they would state this on the product page.

I can wait but it's just so inconsistent. Bloodborne arrived a day early. Other games preordered came in on release date. Some don't show until the week after release.

UberTag

couple of places in Van have Vanilla Coke

They sell it on Granville Island for sure, and in the market at Lonsdale Quay
Vanilla Coke isn't hard to find. Vanilla Coke Zero, however... that's like a unicorn.

Here is one grazing in its native habitat...

image_cocacolavanillazero1.jpg

Yasumi

Banned
Still no movement on my package. Apparently Mississauga got *really* large when I wasn't looking, and it now takes 24+ hours for mail to get through it.

the3ye

Craving aspartame? You serious, CanGAF?
Does EB have any Vita games on that Game Days sale in store? Can't find anything online :/

ohlawd

meeting up with someone who wants to buy that cheap Vita I got.

they wanna open the box and try it out before forking over the dough. lol I'm down $100 if I open and they decide they don't want it no more. the heck do I do? I wouldn't mind if the thing was already open and they try it out then. plan was to return it to WM if no one wanted it >_>

ehh crap I might just go through wih it. gives me a good excuse to keep it as a backup

Tuck

I just purchased the Dell Alienware Alpha for $549. It's the Intel Core i3 model, with 8GB DDR3L, and 1TB HDD.

I'm clueless when it comes it PC gaming, so I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen it Canada. Good enough for my needs, I think.
Man, thats what they go for in Canada? Thats a huge jump from the US price, especially when its on sale. I'd jump on it if the US sales price applied.

...I want to get into PC gaming.

jholmes

My Banana Republic order came in. Shirts are great but one of them still has the little plastic security sensor on it. I know I felt like I was stealing them with that deal, but I don't want everyone else to think I was stealing!

iLLmAtlc

they wanna open the box and try it out before forking over the dough. lol I'm down $100 if I open and they decide they don't want it no more. the heck do I do? I wouldn't mind if the thing was already open and they try it out then. plan was to return it to WM if no one wanted it >_>

ehh crap I might just go through wih it. gives me a good excuse to keep it as a backup

Hell no. It's brand fuckin new.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If a store in my vicinity sold Vanilla Coke I would buy one everyday.

Jinto

Man, thats what they go for in Canada? Thats a huge jump from the US price, especially when its on sale. I'd jump on it if the US sales price applied.

...I want to get into PC gaming.

I won't know if it's a good purchase until I receive it, but the model I got is actually cheaper than the US price. That's not even taking into account the currency conversion. The configuration I got comes with double the HDD space and RAM of the base model.

This particular model sells for $647 USD on Amazon.com, $699 USD on Gamestop.com, and $599 USD on Dell.com. The only comparable price I can find is $513 USD at Walmart.com, but that's still $625 CAD.

Jinto

If they wanna try it, tell them to meet you at the nearest Walmart, EB, or whatever and let them try it there. If they like it, tell them it's the exact same thing as the one you have in the sealed box you never opened. Tell them you have the receipt in case it doesn't work, so they can exchange it for a different one. No returns.

Oops, I apologize for the double post.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
shiiiiiiiiiiit now what? no to this deal?

man, I want the best case scenario ;_;

I wouldn't open it to sell but I also would want to try it out if I was a buyer :(

You getting any other offers? What's the price you have it up for?

i-Jest

My Banana Republic order came in. Shirts are great but one of them still has the life plastic security sensor on it. I know I felt like I was stealing them with that deal, but I don't want everyone else to think I was stealing!

If I could up vote you..... They have this trench coat I want. Still a little rich for my blood, even with promos, but damn does it look sexy.

ohlawd

If they wanna try it, tell them to meet you at the nearest Walmart, EB, or whatever and let them try it there. If they like it, tell them it's the exact same thing as the one you have in the sealed box you never opened. Tell them you have the receipt in case it doesn't work, so they can exchange it for a different one. No returns.

Oops, I apologize for the double post.

we already decided on a different place and it's kinda far from WM. there really is no other time for this dude to meet me too. but yeah that's a really good idea. gonna sound melodramatic here so should I send one last message like "if you wanna open and try it, we'll have to meet up at WM. if not then buy it as is" yada yada yada?

I wouldn't open it to sell but I also would want to try it out if I was a buyer :(

You getting any other offers? What's the price you have it up for?

nah, people were biting at first but it's been a week now and no one's hit me up except this initial dude. I got it up for 160. getting that 50 dollar profit lol. I'm on a deadline tho. I got a week left to return it to WM for my money back. maybe I shouldn't have been so greedy? >_>

and I totally get that. if I were the buyer, I'd do the same thing. I know I'm cool and all but the other dude doesn't know I'm cool with my shit, you know?

Should have put it on eBay. Last week they had a promotion to double the sale up to $💯 so if you sell it for 150, you should get 250 in the end. (but I'm not sure if it's targeted promotion though)

iLLmAtlc

we already decided on a different place and it's kinda far from WM. there really is no other time for this dude to meet me too. but yeah that's a really good idea. gonna sound melodramatic here so should I send one last message like "if you wanna open and try it, we'll have to meet up at WM. if not then buy it as is" yada yada yada?

nah, people were biting at first but it's been a week now and no one's hit me up except this initial dude. I got it up for 160. getting that 50 dollar profit lol. I'm on a deadline tho. I got a week left to return it to WM for my money back. maybe I shouldn't have been so greedy? >_>

and I totally get that. if I were the buyer, I'd do the same thing. I know I'm cool and all but the other dude doesn't know I'm cool with my shit, you know?

what about a compromise. Tell him he can open it but if it works then he has to buy it. Otherwise it's too unfair that he could just leave you down 100 for no reason.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Fuck that shit, I would never let anyone open whatever I'm selling until I get paid. If that person doesn't like it, he/she can sell it him/herself.

Luigi87

Fuck that shit, I would never let anyone open whatever I'm selling until I get paid. If that person doesn't like it, he/she can sell it him/herself.
Exactly this. I hate the mentality that people have thinking they can open products they don't own. Since you're bring a reseller you should especially not allow it. There will be other people who will prefer unopened merchandise to buy.

Top Bottom