• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
what about a compromise. Tell him he can open it but if it works then he has to buy it. Otherwise it's too unfair that he could just leave you down 100 for no reason.

This is the thing to do, but it's still impossible to enforce. He agrees and then backs out after it's done, you really have no way to force him to pay.

Unless you take the money first I guess. I dunno.

tiijj

what about a compromise. Tell him he can open it but if it works then he has to buy it. Otherwise it's too unfair that he could just leave you down 100 for no reason.

If it doesn't work it's covered by the warranty, the buyer can then exchange it at WM. The only logical thing that I can think of is dead pixel, I don't know what WM or Sony's policy on dead pixels.

so i have a $5 bestbuy coupon, the ones they email you when you accumulate certain points. my question is can i still use it even though i cant find my rewards card? or do i need to get another one? if so how?

MikeDip

so i have a $5 bestbuy coupon, the ones they email you when you accumulate certain points. my question is can i still use it even though i cant find my rewards card? or do i need to get another one? if so how?

They just scan the barcode on the coupon thing, you should be fine. You can either print it or show it on your phone.

For future reference, I find it way easier to tie the rewards thing to a phone number. Then you don't need to keep a card or whatever, just tell em the phone number at checkout.

zroid

Banned
Thinking of buying the PS4 off the Indigo visa checkout sale.

Is there any other better deals out there for the PS4?

Thanks

Shoppers, if you use some combination of an Optimum points redemption, 20x bonus points promotion, and 20% off on thursdays if you bring a senior along

Yasumi

Banned
PS4 arrived, started downloading stuff. Last of Us, Infamous First Light, Strider, Transistor, Guacamelee, Omega Quintet, and the Yakuza 0 demo from JP PSN. Good god, file sizes are huge. Literally going to take like three days to DL everything. Thanks Bell.

Also, really wish there were multiple UI styles. Having every game in a row based on when they were downloaded is kind of a mess. Vita UI pls.

Tapejara

PS4 arrived, started downloading stuff. Last of Us, Infamous First Light, Strider, Transistor, Guacamelee, Omega Quintet, and the Yakuza 0 demo from JP PSN. Good god, file sizes are huge. Literally going to take like three days to DL everything. Thanks Bell.

Also, really wish there were multiple UI styles. Having every game in a row based on when they were downloaded is kind of a mess. Vita UI pls.

Just wait till you start downloading patches for retail games. 4GB updates for everyone!

ryan-ts

Has anyone seen any decent <$500 laptop deals? I just smashed my laptop screen. Luckily it's a piece of shit and I only need something decent for school purposes.

i-Jest

Fuck that shit, I would never let anyone open whatever I'm selling until I get paid. If that person doesn't like it, he/she can sell it him/herself.

Exactly this. I hate the mentality that people have thinking they can open products they don't own. Since you're bring a reseller you should especially not allow it. There will be other people who will prefer unopened merchandise to buy.

Owlawd, go with this advice. If a person wants something new and unopened then they'll buy it in that state. Doesn't matter what it is. As a reseller, you gotta be careful. Plenty of fucked up people on Kijiji and Craig's List wanna try an unopened item before they MIGHT buy. That element ruins the resale value for the obvious reasons.

My advice, be patient. If someone, who isn't being a fuck head, doesn't come along in the desired time then return it, or keep it as an extra like you said. Let the dude know that your not cool with opening your stuff. If they don't like it then they can back the fuck off. You seem like a cool person; I'd hate to see you get screwed over by someones nonsense.

If the buyer wants to open it, they have to buy it first.

Has anyone seen any decent <$500 laptop deals? I just smashed my laptop screen. Luckily it's a piece of shit and I only need something decent for school purposes.

Check the Microsoft Store. If you're a student you can get an additional 10% off.

The HP Stream laptop seems like a decent cheap option.

ohlawd

you guys <3

thanks for helping my dumb ass with this stuff lol. yeah Jest, I sent a message back saying that it doesn't make sense for me to open it right in their face to see if it works. it really is sealed so I haven't messed with it. gotta wait and see if they contact me again in a couple of hours. if not, deal's off I guess

iLLmAtlc

you guys <3

thanks for helping my dumb ass with this stuff lol. yeah Jest, I sent a message back saying that it doesn't make sense for me to open it right in their face to see if it works. it really is sealed so I haven't messed with it. gotta wait and see if they contact me again in a couple of hours. if not, deal's off I guess

Probably the best move. Guy is being unreasonable imo. Inspect the hell out of my used shit but that's factory sealed mothafucka.

I had a guy who wanted me to meet him 20 minutes away, then drive to his house while he tested my used game before he'd buy it. It was in perfect condition and worked fine, but he didn't believe me.

I get being like that, but it's frustrating as a seller.

Yea, you can't demand to inspect sealed merchandise

If you are going to open it to make sure it's not a brick inside then go ahead but you have to commit to buying it once it is opened or else the value drops

MikeDip

Yea, you can't demand to inspect sealed merchandise

If you are going to open it to make sure it's not a brick inside then go ahead but you have to commit to buying it once it is opened or else the value drops

Yes, this.

If the buyer wants to open it, they have to buy it first.

Check the Microsoft Store. If you're a student you can get an additional 10% off.

The HP Stream laptop seems like a decent cheap option.

+1 for the stream 13. Using it for 5 months now and it's great. Was super cheap ($200 with a $25 Xbox credit!). Added my own 64gb SD card. Nice complement to a desktop.

big_z

Okay so the CAD dollar is rising up slowly I think it's around 82 cents US.... so I'm starting to see 79,99 games on Bestbuy.ca

but this is just stupid.

80 Fucking dollars for a controller??

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...3e3cb5f07dade2fb9de4f45en02&SearchPageIndex=1

I got my first DS4 about a month before the PS4 launched for what 54,99?

X1 controller is 59.99 what the hell?

from what I understand sony sales fell behind xbox in Canada after they upped the console price by $50. now that they reduced the console price but the Canadian dollar still sucks they've increased the cost of accessories to make up for the difference.

it sucks but theres not much we can do about it. even if the dollar ever gets back to on par with the American peso it will likely be a long time before prices adjust.

i-Jest

from what I understand sony sales fell behind xbox in Canada after they upped the console price by $50. now that they reduced the console price but the Canadian dollar still sucks they've increased the cost of accessories to make up for the difference.

it sucks but theres not much we can do about it. even if the dollar ever gets back to on par with the American peso it will likely be a long time before prices adjust.

um...Um.. Umm..So does this mean I'm justified in paying $100 for XenoSaga 3?

tiijj

That's not surprising, they raised their prices while microsoft (and even the wii u) maintained the pricing on their console. Microsoft even matched the US's pricing when they removed kinect from the bundle.

When they announced that they are increasing the price of the PS4, a lot of people were upset because even if they want to pick one up they can't get one. It wasn't available in any store. The day the price increased it suddenly became available online and on most BB stores (didn't check the other retailer).

Madness

you guys <3

Eh that's how you get confident with these kinds of sales. I was a basketcase trying to sell my old Xbox 360, I would take pictures of whenever the dash changed to show it wasn't modded and was working, did macro shots to show how clean it was and scratch free. Even went to people's houses and let them try it out to see if it worked. I even drove 45 mins for a guy who turned out to be a flake.

Now, screw it. Unless I'm in dire straits, I keep it simple, I don't lie at all. And I'm in no rush anymore. There's always someone else. You don't need to bend over backwards or be uncomfortable with a sale now. And never open something for someone that is sealed without money up front. Tell them sorry, you'll sell to someone else.

Ryne

you guys <3

Hey if the deal is off and are close to the GTA, I would buy it from you at your asking price. Just give me a shout if it is possible ;)

No_Style

Hmm, Bloodborne for $39.99 on Amazon. Should I wait or buy it? Do PS4 games go any lower than that?

If you wait long enough, it'll be a PlayStation Plus title!

I'm thinking by 2018

I see $35 being the new $30. $25 being the $20. etc. Bloodborne at $40 is a great price.

SickBoy

Anyone have any insight as to when Toysrus.ca updates? Was hoping to order Puzzle & Dragons online (have a TRU GC), along with a couple other things... but right now they don't have it listed.

Top Bottom