• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

explodet

For what it's worth, Costco still has Dualshock 4's for $63.
But you probably can't pricematch Costco prices at Best Buy, I tried a while back.

(had to use Walmart's price, but they recently raised theirs up to $75)

And it's black. Better off to get the red one from ebgames.

Sony is the only company that's really used the CAD as a reason to raise its prices. It's understandable, but sucks ass. I think it's because Microsoft is the underdog right now, and not doing so helps sales.

I bought a white DS4, then returned it for a camo one, but returned that. I'd gotten it for $40, but I figured that I'd return them and get my money back for now because of my OCD. I don't play splitscreen or local 2P and would've kept the controller in its box, to keep it pristine until I needed it. Of course, I regret that now.

I ended up breaking down and getting a white one from Walmart before they went up from $64.99 to $74.99 like every other store had. Now, I REALLY want that red one, because it's the one I've wanted since day one. I don't need it, especially since my PS4 doesn't get a lot of use, but it's so beautiful. Haha.

When you think of how much use you get out of a controller as opposed to a game, it makes sense they're priced the same. Though it does suck.

I wish I could PM Costco with EB for the red one. It's unlikely, though. Different SKU and all.

Sony is the only company that's really used the CAD as a reason to raise its prices. It's understandable, but sucks ass. I think it's because Microsoft is the underdog right now, and not doing so helps sales.

I bought a white DS4, then returned it for a camo one, but returned that. I'd gotten it for $40, but I figured that I'd return them and get my money back for now because of my OCD. I don't play splitscreen or local 2P and would've kept the controller in its box, to keep it pristine until I needed it. Of course, I regret that now.

I ended up breaking down and getting a white one from Walmart before they went up from $64.99 to $74.99 like every other store had. Now, I REALLY want that red one, because it's the one I've wanted since day one. I don't need it, especially since my PS4 doesn't get a lot of use, but it's so beautiful. Haha.

When you think of how much use you get out of a controller as opposed to a game, it makes sense they're priced the same. Though it does suck.

I wish I could PM Costco with EB for the red one. It's unlikely, though. Different SKU and all.

Yeah I read about the troubles you had with deciding to return that extra controller. If it makes you feel any better. My walmart had 5 Vitas on the shelf when they were mispriced at $100. I went home to think about it. Went back the next day and the price was corrected. Ugh.

I ordered a red controller from eb. Agreed. It looks fantastic and I don't understand why they took this long to bringing it out here. I don't suspect eb will price match though because the red is exclusive to them.

Yeah I read about the troubles you had with deciding to return that extra controller. If it makes you feel any better. My walmart had 5 Vitas on the shelf when they were mispriced at $100. I went home to think about it. Went back the next day and the price was corrected. Ugh.

I ordered a red controller from eb. Agreed. It looks fantastic and I don't understand why they took this long to bringing it out here. I don't suspect eb will price match though because the red is exclusive to them.

I'm gonna' trade some old stuff in towards it, to help lessen the price burden.

espher

Not to start another round of Shipping GAF, but uh, I just noticed all of my upcoming Amazon orders had their ship/delivery estimate dates silently bumped a week. P&DZ shows next Friday through the following Wednesday as the delivery range (was originally today through next Wed), with Splatoon and the amiibo 2+ weeks out.

Did I miss a recent change w/ how they ship, or are they just being super conservative with the estimates? In the past I've received an e-mail when there's an "actual" change to the ship date, but I didn't on this and happened to catch this while I was checking to see if there was any change to the wildly vague ship date for the HOTAS I bought in March. Given that some of my other still-pending future pre-orders also show estimated delivery ranges a week or more after the tentative release dates, I'm hoping it's just a conservative estimate and not a "no, it actually won't ship until a week after release" change to how they operate. :p

Not to start another round of Shipping GAF, but uh, I just noticed all of my upcoming Amazon orders had their ship/delivery estimate dates silently bumped a week. P&DZ shows next Friday through the following Wednesday as the delivery range (was originally today through next Wed), with Splatoon and the amiibo 2+ weeks out.

Did I miss a recent change w/ how they ship, or are they just being super conservative with the estimates? In the past I've received an e-mail when there's an "actual" change to the ship date, but I didn't on this and happened to catch this while I was checking to see if there was any change to the wildly vague ship date for the HOTAS I bought in March. Given that some of my other still-pending future pre-orders also show estimated delivery ranges a week or more after the tentative release dates, I'm hoping it's just a conservative estimate and not a "no, it actually won't ship until a week after release" change to how they operate. :p

Everything ive ordered from them has shipped atleast 3 days after release. The last game i ordered was a week late until i emailed them, and they "pushed it through" and it shipped the next day (so 8 days late to ship but 1 day to get to me agter that)

I'm blown away that The Crew hasn't hit $19.99 sales yet.

It's got a long way to go. The first major price drop I saw on it was last week for I think $39.99. I'll probably bite on the Crew at $19.99 as well. At least I know I won't dislike it much as I dislike
Drive Club

Cue Drive Club apologists

Sajjaja

It's got a long way to go. The first major price drop I saw on it was last week for I think $39.99. I'll probably bite on the Crew at $19.99 as well. At least I know I won't dislike it much as I dislike
Drive Club

What's wrong with Driveclub?

QaaQer

What's wrong with Driveclub?

polarizing game not to everyone's taste. Personally, I find the games that are love em or hate em and nothing in-between are the most interesting.

So, yeah, it's an arcadey racer with no RPG elements or story, no modding of cars, no 1000bhp engines in smartcars, etc. Basically, it is you, the car, and the track.

Some people compalined that the driving was bad, but it isn't. It just isn't like any other driving game you so have to learn it if you want to succeed. And since there isn't any rpg stuff to upgrade, you can't win by grinding, only by getting better.

I'd say that the game design was more 1999 than 2015 in that it expected too much from the player.

N° 2048

polarizing game not to everyone's taste. Personally, I find the games that are love em or hate em and nothing in-between are the most interesting.

So, yeah, it's an arcadey racer with no RPG elements or story, no modding of cars, no 1000bhp engines in smartcars, etc. Basically, it is you, the car, and the track.

Some people compalined that the driving was bad, but it isn't. It just isn't like any other driving game you so have to learn it if you want to succeed. And since there isn't any rpg stuff to upgrade, you can't win by grinding, only by getting better.

I'd say that the game design was more 1999 than 2015 in that it expected too much from the player.

This is exactly why I love it.

SickBoy

I'm not sure when it updates but don't forget to use the CINEPLEXFEB code for $10 off if you spend $50 or more.

Also, it's that time again:

Week of May 22 - 28 Round-up is live: http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

That was the plan, just don't know if they'll actually list it online :/

Anyone knows where I can still find the X-Box One Sunset Overdrive bundle in Montreal?

Pretty sure you won't find it anywhere. It sort of just dried up. Last place I saw it was shop.ca a few months ago.

terrible

Banned
Drive Club

Yeah, Driveclub is not for everyone. I do wish some people would stop calling it a simcade though, that's one thing that bothers me a bit when people talk about it on here. It's purely arcade, the only thing even close to being sim-like is that there's no rewind and no racing line. The actual physics are really basic and they didn't even attempt to make them realistic, that obviously wasn't their goal.

Me personally I don't like the game at all. I'm more of a Forza, Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars kind of person. It's more for people who like Need For Speed or Burnout type racing games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Codename Steam is also $34.99, I see
Wonder if that's worth picking up as a SRPG fan. I know they patched the long enemy turns but it still looks very rough.

I should just play The Banner Saga to scratch the SRPG itch, especially now that it has controller support on PC.

In Quebec, in Videotron (Microplay stores) i just got Destiny for 29.99$ not only that they gave me a free 20$ PSN card for the ps store.

Destiny for Xbox One's are 24.99$ and if i'm not mistaken you get a 15$ Xbox card.

I DO NOT KNOW if it's at the Microplays in the Videotron stores only or if the deal is at all the Microplays. Worth checking out.

All that for 32$ not bad, so it's pruty much as if i paid the game 10$ only because i can use that 20$ on alot of other psn store games :)

zroid

Banned
Oh jeeze. I am tempted but just spent like 35 bucks on puzzle and dragons.

Anyone here wanna vouch for that game? I love IS but I dunno.

Here's a test someone invented a few weeks ago to help people determine if they should check out Code Name STEAM:

Step 1) Pretend it had an anime art style, or something more conventional

ok, that's the only step

How interested would you be then?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Here's a test someone invented a few weeks ago to help people determine if they should check out Code Name STEAM:

ok, that's the only step

Heh, while I like anime art style, I also really like steampunk too. That's not the problem :p
I just want the mechanics to be solid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

ok, that's the only step

So this test deludes you temporarily into.. disappointment?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon continues to troll me. They had Puzzle and Dragons listed as an early June delivery because I had free shipping, but of course, it was delivered today. I've never actually been hit by the 'forced delay' others have experienced, but my orders are always listed expected delivery for weeks after launch until they ship.

As for Code Name Steam.. I stopped playing midway through, prior to the patch. I'm looking forward to going back to it now to see how things are, but the enemy speeds were only part of my issues with the game. Some of the maps are just not enjoyable to me in the way a really tough Fire Emblem map would be enjoyable.

explodet

Amazon continues to troll me. They had Puzzle and Dragons listed as an early June delivery because I had free shipping, but of course, it was delivered today. I've never actually been hit by the 'forced delay' others have experienced, but my orders are always listed expected delivery for weeks after launch until they ship.
The only time I really got hit with an Amazon late delivery is back in November when they delayed mailing me my PS4 games which released on a Tuesday, in order to package them with the WiiU games that released on a Friday.

Now that I know that's a thing, I can be better prepared and not freak out wondering why Amazon hasn't gotten off their ass.

Got an indigo order with the 20% checkout deal, delivered to in store pickup within 36 hours of ordering. That's FAST! Very happy and impressed, will order from them again!!! Hope they carry more ps4 and X1 games.

iLLmAtlc

As for Code Name Steam.. I stopped playing midway through, prior to the patch. I'm looking forward to going back to it now to see how things are, but the enemy speeds were only part of my issues with the game. Some of the maps are just not enjoyable to me in the way a really tough Fire Emblem map would be enjoyable.

Bastards send me witcher 3 from Ontario even tho they gave a warehouse in BC lol

Ventara

For those who have played this and the Wii version, which do you prefer?

I prefer the 3DS version. Plays the same, capturing all the elements of the game, but with the amazing feature of being on a portable handheld. And an RPG like this with lots of exploring and sidequests was meant for a handheld where you can just play a little bit here and there.

frequency

For those who have played this and the Wii version, which do you prefer?

N3DS version just because portability and the ability to close the N3DS at any time to pause it while I continue with life stuff.

The game has a lot of side quests and portable version makes them significantly more bearable.

Negatives are that I find it a bit difficult to see positioning for the abilities that require it on the smaller screen. Also the screen can be really busy with UI stuff. It looks, to me, significantly worse than the Wii version.

But I'm not a graphics person so I prefer the better play experience of portable than being tethered to a TV.

Top Bottom