• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

yeah it was on PS+ last year. May, I think. it's a waste of money to buy and it's a waste of bandwidth to download. maybe you already have it, Vent. if not, go ahead and bite. cheapest I've seen it for in the PS Store is $5.

Ventara

Guess I'll pass on Puppetear. I do have PS+, so I can play it still, though I usually like having a physical copy. But with opinions mixed on it, and me recently feeling that maybe I shouldn't be hoarding physical copies of games, I think I can safely pass on this without regret.

zroid

Banned
Guess I'll pass on Puppetear. I do have PS+, so I can play it still, though I usually like having a physical copy. But with opinions mixed on it, and me recently feeling that maybe I shouldn't be hoarding physical copies of games, I think I can safely pass on this without regret.

lol or you know, you could just try it for yourself and then decide...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone know if Best Buy price matches Amazon/EB Games online? I wanna get Bloodborne for 40$ but I got a 25$ Best Buy gift card.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yes, they do. If you're buying online, you have to buy it first and then call them to price match.

So my card gets charged 70-25=45, and then when I call them, they match the price to 40 and adjust the charge to 40-25=15? Did not include tax in this.

Ventara

So my card gets charged 70-25=45, and then when I call them, they match the price to 40 and adjust the charge to 40-25=15? Did not include tax in this.

You don't have to wait until they charge you. Just place the order and call right after. But if you call after they charge, they'll refund you the difference correctly.

etta

my hard graphic balls
You don't have to wait until they charge you. Just place the order and call right after. But if you call after they charge, they'll refund you the difference correctly.

Oh okay cool, I will just call them before confirming the order, and then confirm the order and give them the order number. Thanks.

Ventara

Oh okay cool, I will just call them before confirming the order, and then confirm the order and give them the order number. Thanks.

Oh, and don't forget the 10%. They do that online, too. You might have to do the math, yourself, just to be sure, since the rep I got last time I pm'd seemed to have a hard time, lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh, and don't forget the 10%. They do that online, too. You might have to do the math, yourself, just to be sure, since the rep I got last time I pm'd seemed to have a hard time, lol.

They price beat by 10% of the difference, right? So 1/10(69-39)=3$. New price is 36.99 then, did not know about this policy, thanks.

Last chance to grab numerous Natsume stuff on the 3DS eShop. Just grabbed HM: Tale of Two Towns 3D for $12 before tax at 45% off. The sale prices are not at the advertised discount in the ad by Natsume (up to 50% off, none are in Canada), I notified them on twitter and they said they'd look into it for next time. :)

Note: Two Towns 3D is fully fixed on the eShop only, Natsume says they had to literally replace the game with the fixed version as opposed to a patch (might be why it doesn't affect the retail release).

Via twitter (bracketed are my own):

(About it): The developers chose to create an updated build vs a patch; eShop version resolves the issue, the cart version is unchanged.

(When it came out): It's not new. It was within a few months of the game's launch.

(What was fixed): Most things; everything critical at the very least.

i-Jest

Non Game Related Deal

Not a game deal but Gap Yorkdale, and every other Gap in Toronto by proxy, have a promo going. 40% off store wide on most items (regular and mark down prices). The exclusions included womens regular priced denim, mens khaki's and Gap Fit. They also have a 40% off thing going online but I don't think that includes markdown items. The in-store promo could be country wide. I'm not sure. You can call a location tomorrow if interested.

Good time to shop for summer clothes.

Vamphuntr

Non Game Related Deal

Not a game deal but Gap Yorkdale, and every other Gap in Toronto by proxy, had a promo going. 40% off store wide on most items (regular and mark down prices). The exclusions included womens regular priced denim, mens khaki's and Gap Fit. They also have a 40% off thing going online but I don't think that includes markdown items.

Good time to shop for summer clothes.

It's not Gap exclusive. It's that time of the year for clothing store sales. There was 40% off at Banana Republic, Hollister, Abercombie, Old Navy and so on.

Stage On

Is Far Cry 4 worth the $40 price tag, or should I wait for it to be lower? (Loved Far Cry 3 and realize it will be quite similar).

$40 was a good price..... back on Boxing day.

Now not so much as it goes on sale for $30 sometimes so you might want to hold off a little bit. Personally I'm waiting for $20 or less since Ubisoft games tend to fall in price pretty quickly

$40 was a good price..... back on Boxing day.

Now not so much as it goes on sale for $30 sometimes so you might want to hold off a little bit. Personally I'm waiting for $20 or less since Ubisoft games tend to fall in price pretty quickly

They definitely do. Yeah, that is what is holding me off it right now, because it's a given it will be $30 at some point during the holiday

jzbluz

Last chance to grab numerous Natsume stuff on the 3DS eShop. Just grabbed HM: Tale of Two Towns 3D for $12 before tax at 45% off. The sale prices are not at the advertised discount in the ad by Natsume (up to 50% off, none are in Canada), I notified them on twitter and they said they'd look into it for next time. :)

Note: Two Towns 3D is fully fixed on the eShop only, Natsume says they had to literally replace the game with the fixed version as opposed to a patch (might be why it doesn't affect the retail release).

Via twitter (bracketed are my own):

I guess that's why I never understood the complains for the title; It ran fine for me. Unfortunately I think I'm over HM. I haven't even managed to get myself interested in the latest one even though I bought it day one.

UberTag

Typical... the one time I catch a pricing error on PSN BEFORE it gets spread around they lock out the content from purchase.

They've got Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin {PS4} marked down to $44.79 Canadian. Was initially able to add it to my cart but then it was yanked out of my cart right when I was about to purchase it. And now it can't be bought at all.

Figures they can lock something out for purchase in an instant but can't be bothered to correct the price in a timely fashion. Ah well... back to waiting for a physical copy to drop into that price range.

Typical... the one time I catch a pricing error on PSN BEFORE it gets spread around they lock out the content from purchase.

They've got Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin {PS4} marked down to $44.79 Canadian. Was initially able to add it to my cart but then it was yanked out of my cart right when I was about to purchase it. And now it can't be bought at all.

Figures they can lock something out for purchase in an instant but can't be bothered to correct the price in a timely fashion. Ah well... back to waiting for a physical copy to drop into that price range.

It's on sale, they're probably adjusting it or something. There's a gaf thread about the sale.

UberTag

It's on sale, they're probably adjusting it or something. There's a gaf thread about the sale.
It IS on sale... but the price they have it listed at is incorrect.
Will get bumped up to the $55.99 pricepoint they have Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 sitting at.
They misapplied the discount to it - taking 20% off the reduced $55.99 price instead of simply marking it down.

That extra $11.20 is going to keep my wallet closed.

It IS on sale... but the price they have it listed at is incorrect.
Will get bumped up to the $55.99 pricepoint they have Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 sitting at.
They misapplied the discount to it - taking 20% off the reduced $55.99 price instead of simply marking it down.

That extra $11.20 is going to keep my wallet closed.

Ah, I was looking at the PS3 edition, my bad.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The powers that be: please make Shovel Knight 3DS be part of this bundle.

zroid

Banned
Woah Dave is a better game than Puppeteer.

My two cents on this page. I love Woah Dave, play it all the time on Vita.

I think the Vita version is different from the 3DS version. The 3DS version is indeed garbage.

But I heard they updated it so they're the same now.

Ondore

I got the 3DS version of Woah Dave for a buck just before a train ride, and it wasn't the worst game I played on that trip.
That would be Binding of Isaac Rebirth come at me bros
So look at it this way: Worst case scenario, you get a couple of really good games for the price of Woah Dave.

Harusame

If anyone is interested, the N3DS XL charging cradle is restock in the Nintendo Online Store and going for $18.99 CAD. Regular shipping is $7.00 and expedited shipping is $17.00. So with tax, the total with regular shipping comes to $29.11.

I do kind of want to purchase this for my N3DS, but I don't know if I can fully justify paying $29 on the charging cradle...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is interested, the N3DS XL charging cradle is restock in the Nintendo Online Store and going for $18.99 CAD. Regular shipping is $7.00 and expedited shipping is $17.00. So with tax, the total with regular shipping comes to $29.11.

I do kind of want to purchase this for my N3DS, but I don't know if I can fully justify paying $29 on the charging cradle...

Whaaaat? Wasn't it around 10 bucks the first time?

I finally got around to playing through my launch copy of Puppeteer a few months ago. It was a neat-looking and stylish game with some good ideas, but it dragged on and was somewhat boring at times. At others, though, it was pretty impressive.

Didn't end up keeping it, since it was good for a trade-in deal and I didn't like it a ton.

Far Cry 4 is my GOTY from 2014, so I'd recommend it for forty unless you can wait.

Pizza Pizza has a Shop.ca promo going on.

Save $40 on $100 purchase. Expires July 15th. Seems like a good deal for those making $100+ purchase durine E3.

Note: Only valid on your first purchase only.

My coupon code for those that may need it. Seems like it's a unique code.

SPCE3F7BEC4554A3746

Zing

Banned

I couldn't. I even spent $20 importing the original XL cradle from Japan, but never again.

If I had the regular n3DS maybe, since at least the case art would be the proper orientation. Or if the cradle was the old style. But the XL is just a floppy, upside down mess in the cradle. Now I spend one second to plug it in instead.

Top Bottom