• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Pizza Pizza has a Shop.ca promo going on.

Save $40 on $100 purchase. Expires July 15th. Seems like a good deal for those making $100+ purchase durine E3.

Note: Only valid on your first purchase only.

My coupon code for those that may need it. Seems like it's a unique code.

SPCE3F7BEC4554A3746

These codes came in handy last year. Ended up with a couple of them for different amounts that netted me cheap games. If shop.ca puts up a few E3 titles this can be really good for preorders if the bestbuy.ca deals aren't that great.

i always buy us psn sub cards because its cheaper for me so quick question. my psplus expire 6/8/2015 so does that mean June 8th or Aug 6th?

former UK'er here and we always had our days/months/years and i still get confused. i know some canadian forms ive filled it they switch the dates around that it doesnt help either lol.

What's the cheapest price for Splatoon? Looking at 79.99 prices makes me depressed.

What?

It's been bumped up to $79.99?

I had a preorder at Amazon.ca for $62.99 a while ago. I can't see this being more than $69.99 (Amazon has it for $69.95 now).

Still expensive.

Sora_N

i always buy us psn sub cards because its cheaper for me so quick question. my psplus expire 6/8/2015 so does that mean June 8th or Aug 6th?

former UK'er here and we always had our days/months/years and i still get confused. i know some canadian forms ive filled it they switch the dates around that it doesnt help either lol.

Should be June

Leeness

Are PSN preorder prices guaranteed?

Preordered Until Dawn yesterday at the low low price of $59.99 (it's $74.99 on Best Buy). I've already paid for it, so I hope it sticks and when the price goes up, I don't have to pay anything else.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Lol I ordered something from GameStop.com and it shipped from Texas yesterday. Wasn't expecting it until sometime next week, but it showed up this morning. Suck it Amazon shipping speed. :eek:

Lexxism

Preordered Until Dawn yesterday at the low low price of $59.99 (it's $74.99 on Best Buy). I've already paid for it, so I hope it sticks and when the price goes up, I don't have to pay anything else.

I'm pretty sure it is since you already paid for that.

you're ballsy, not even waiting to see what E3 sales will bring you.

But yeah, i think the prices are guaranteed. Not 100% confident though.

Leeness

I'm pretty sure it is since you already paid for that.

Thanks!

you're ballsy, not even waiting to see what E3 sales will bring you.

But yeah, i think the prices are guaranteed. Not 100% confident though.

Hey, either pay $59.99 now (low low price!) or pay $60 from E3 deals ($74.99 - $20 + tax). Lol. I doubt the E3 deals are going to be anything amazing when the normal $20 off a game gets you down to a regular price.

But if I missed out, then I miss out haha.

Yeah PSN prices are guaranteed. It has worked in my favour a couple of times.

Excellent.

Thanks all!

Zing

Banned
What's the cheapest price for Splatoon? Looking at 69.99 prices makes me depressed.
It's $59 at Microplay.

No preorder? It's a must now with the constantly rising prices. I had an order locked at $62 from amazon but just cancelled last week since I bought it at Microplay instead.

zroid

Banned
i got my Smash Splatoon costume code from Best Buy... I was going to return it anyway since I'm getting it from Amazon for cheaper. So that's neat.

tiijj

Lol I ordered something from GameStop.com and it shipped from Texas yesterday. Wasn't expecting it until sometime next week, but it showed up this morning. Suck it Amazon shipping speed. :eek:

It probably shipped from somewhere in Mississauga. They just wanna charge you $15 shipping LOL

it's a joke btw so go easy on me

Where can I get a yarn Yoshi amiibo?

Or am I already too late?

Yarn yoshi amiibo hasn't popped anywhere for pre-orders in Canada. The game doesn't even have a solid release date yet. If you wanna wait and wants to know the latest news about it, you should head to http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985202 .

Talking about amiibo is kinda taboo here. So for anything amiibo go there.

I'll probably get punished for mentioning amiibo so use my sacrifice wisely...

Anyone know of a place to sell a Vita 2000 and 24 GB worth of memory cards? BST thread on here isn't attracting anyone, neither is my Kijiji post. EB Games is offering a laughable $50 for it.

krae_man

Anyone know of a place to sell a Vita 2000 and 24 GB worth of memory cards? BST thread on here isn't attracting anyone, neither is my Kijiji post. EB Games is offering a laughable $50 for it.

Try lowering your price first. $180 is probably too high. Borderlands bundle was $100 at Walmart a week or so ago. Memory cards under 32gb are also largely worthless since whoever buys it off you will likely buy a 32gb or 64gb card.

Ryne

It's $59 at Microplay.

No preorder? It's a must now with the constantly rising prices. I had an order locked at $62 from amazon but just cancelled last week since I bought it at Microplay instead.

Nope, I wasn't interested in the game until I played it some. I didn't think I would play that type of game so I didn't pre-order. Looks like it will be a costly mistake.

Victoria and shoot me a price. I have it for $150 IIRC on Kijiji. Any price that's reasonable($100+) I'm willing to consider. $50 is a joke.

I've been trying to buy a vita for a while now, sent you a PM.

espher

Has anyone called Amazon CS? Do you get a rep who is just reading a script or someone who you can actually work with?

I sent an e-mail asking for info re: all my estimated delivery dates getting bumped, especially since P&D hadn't shipped yet five business days after release (and my three other pending orders were all silently bumped, as I mentioned before here), and I got a reply apologizing and saying there was a "problem" and they bumped shipping up on my order, not answering any of the questions I actually asked. So I sent another e-mail saying "thanks, but that's not what I was asking, here's what I was asking" and got another e-mail from another rep saying the same thing as the first (but noting shipping was already 'upgraded'), once again not answering the questions.

I just don't want to bother trying to allocate time to call if I'm going to end up spinning in circles with something that is ultimately insignificant. :p

Has anyone called Amazon CS? Do you get a rep who is just reading a script or someone who you can actually work with?

I sent an e-mail asking for info re: all my estimated delivery dates getting bumped, especially since P&D hadn't shipped yet five business days after release (and my three other pending orders were all silently bumped, as I mentioned before here), and I got a reply apologizing and saying there was a "problem" and they bumped shipping up on my order, not answering any of the questions I actually asked. So I sent another e-mail saying "thanks, but that's not what I was asking, here's what I was asking" and got another e-mail from another rep saying the same thing as the first (but noting shipping was already 'upgraded'), once again not answering the questions.

I just don't want to bother trying to allocate time to call if I'm going to end up spinning in circles with something that is ultimately insignificant. :p

Use the chat feature. That way you'll at least be able to understand what's being said to you. And you'll get a reply quicker then email.

zroid

Banned
Shipping GAF reporting in (haven't done this in a while!)

Amazon is preparing Splatoon for shipment now... hopefully it gets sent out today. I don't want to wait till next week!

explodet

Amazon is preparing Splatoon for shipment now... hopefully it gets sent out today. I don't want to wait till next week!
Same, Nintendo releases always make me a teensy bit nervous because of their Friday dates.
If it happens though at least I'll have Ultra-busted Street Fighter IV Downgradeaton to play.

zroid

Banned
For those interested, Cineplex is holding free screenings for the final two episodes of Game of Thrones Season 5 on June 14.

get your tickets here: http://cineplex.com/got

edit: heh I guess this is old news cause it looks like it's already sold out pretty much everywhere. ah well.

Dazzler

For those interested, Cineplex is holding free screenings for the final two episodes of Game of Thrones Season 5 on June 14.

get your tickets here: http://cineplex.com/got

edit: heh looks like it's already sold out pretty much everywhere. ah well.

would much rather watch it at home

Movie theaters are to be tolerated for new movies, they're not a great experience at all

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We see around three to five movies per year, depending on what's out. And we always go to a matinee a couple weeks after the movie released. No issues with seats and less people in general means less of a chance of having some douche kicking the back of my seat, asshats talking over the movie and all the general stuff that comes with large crowds.

would much rather watch it at home

Movie theaters are to be tolerated for new movies, they're not a great experience at all

Watching a TV show at a movie theater is a painful thought these days.

I just go to the theater for the big films I want to see. If I have the option to see something at home I will gladly take it.

zroid

Banned
yeah i am very much over seeing movies on opening day / weekend / week.

I don't need zillions of high schoolers in my vicinity pretty much ever, let alone in a dark, crowded room where people are supposed to be silent

I remember one time as a kid I went to see a movie with my mom, and the theatre was pretty much empty. I thought it was weird and awkward at the time, but my mom loved it. What was wrong with me? She was obviously correct, empty theatres = best theatres.

Dazzler

The whole idea of most movies not having assigned seating is infuriating

If I buy a ticket the day before I shouldn't have to show up 45 minutes before the movie, then sit through 20 minutes of ads/trailers to ensure I get an ok seat

theRizzle

I only fuck with IMAX 3D movies at the theatre these days... with the rare exception of a comedy that I really want to see. I just don't enjoy the experience all that much anymore. It used to be that movies were where all the "serious" drama was, and television was where teenagers got their entertainment, but in the last 15 years or so it seems like they have swapped places.

Nearly everyone I know gets their dramatic entertainment fix from television these days, and it also seems like most of the movies coming out are super-hero movies made for 13 year old boys. (Not that there's anything wrong with adults liking those movies, but they are clearly not the target audience)

zroid

Banned
The whole idea of most movies not having assigned seating is infuriating

If I buy a ticket the day before I shouldn't have to show up 45 minutes before the movie, then sit through 20 minutes of ads/trailers to ensure I get an ok seat

when you put it that way, it sounds entirely intentional :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, I assume if you're going to this, you're doing it for the crowd experience and for an excuse to break out your cosplay. lol

yeah i am very much over seeing movies on opening day / weekend / week.

I don't need zillions of high schoolers in my vicinity pretty much ever, let alone in a dark, crowded room where people are supposed to be silent

I remember one time as a kid I went to see a movie with my mom, and the theatre was pretty much empty. I thought it was weird and awkward at the time, but my mom loved it. What was wrong with me? She was obviously correct, empty theatres = best theatres.

Yeah I rarely see anything on opening days. There are rare occurrences though. Like I saw both Avengers movies, Godzilla, and Furious 7 at the Thursday night opening. Furious 7 was the worst one though. Fucking high school kids wouldn't shut the hell up and were probably jittery over breaking their curfew on a school night or some shit.

I usually go on half off Tuesdays though. I'm probably gonna watch San Andreas next Tuesday after work

I mean, I assume if you're going to this, you're doing it for the crowd experience and for an excuse to break out your cosplay. lol

One of my best movie crowd memories was watching the third Madohilarious movie (yes there were cosplayers). And then just hearing the audible gasps and confusion at a certain part of that movie. It was hilarious

Also there were these two really buff dudes who watched the movie just to pick up girls at the theater. They were pretty surprised when everyone there was male

Top Bottom