• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, even in Guelph there were quite a few people at the madoka screening. I actually went to both because I wanted to collect all those cards (which I managed to do, thankfully). Homu was right, etc, etc.

I think the crowd was fairly mixed though, but I wasn't paying attention. lol

Renewed

I remember seeing cosplay at the Anohana movie. Crowd was actually good but I never got a poster or other goodies....

So am I stuck waiting till tomorrow for Best Buy to ship out Splatoon? Wanna go out and do stuff without worrying.

VGP is claiming the Persona Dance game is going to be $100 for the special edition and $59 for the regular. I would hold off until actual US prices are announced.

Renewed

VGP is claiming the Persona Dance game is going to be $100 for the special edition and $59 for the regular. I would hold off until actual US prices are announced.

That $59.99 price point reminds me of Devil Survivor 2 RB where the Atlus tax and exchange rate brought it up $20 more than we were used to with other 3DS games. Although I'm not versed on Vita game prices, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

That $59.99 price point reminds me of Devil Survivor 2 RB where the Atlus tax and exchange rate brought it up $20 more than we were used to with other 3DS games. Although I'm not versed on Vita game prices, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

I think some places were trying to sell Uncharted as $49.99 at launch and that is when we had parity.

Renewed

no way man $100 is hard but higher than that? yooo

even I have a limit. $100 is the highest I'll go here

All I want is the soundtrack... if I can secure a Vita or PSTV (if this game is compatible) then I'm good. Which I why I need to preorder somewhere that'll lock in price. I'll cry tears of joy if E3 deals come along and include this.

kennah

Pizza Pizza has a Shop.ca promo going on.

Save $40 on $100 purchase. Expires July 15th. Seems like a good deal for those making $100+ purchase durine E3.

Note: Only valid on your first purchase only.

My coupon code for those that may need it. Seems like it's a unique code.

SPCE3F7BEC4554A3746
How do I get one of these?

Saw the press release. I got my Japanese CE for about $90 but with shipping it'll be $100 anyways. (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=GAME-0013649)

At this point I don't think I'll even buy the localization. I will happily choose the Persona 5 blu ray over the keychain and pouch in the NA CE.

FluxWaveZ

I've been ignoring that GCU stuff I've kept hearing about, but that $100 P4D price... Looking it up, it seems to have nice benefits for being a $30 priced membership for a period of 2 years.

Oh, so that's what's been confusing me. So the US version has that 20% off stuff, while we just get the 2x reward points, is that correct?

Well, that explains it.

Yeah. It's barely a service anymore. They used to do perks like bonus points when you preorder and what not, but those are almost all gone. I can't remember the last time an 800 point/$10 promo was a thing.

ohlawd

I'm telling you, man. that's the inferior version ;_;

oh yeah bro SDM is doing their 20x point thing on Sat. might buy a new n3DS for someone. if I do, I'l get like 23432974 points, right?

All I want is the soundtrack... if I can secure a Vita or PSTV (if this game is compatible) then I'm good. Which I why I need to preorder somewhere that'll lock in price. I'll cry tears of joy if E3 deals come along and include this.

the game is PSTV compatible

I doubt E3 deals will include the CE. I think it's always been standard editions up for cheap. Best Buy did run a 30% off CEs promo last year tho. Persona Q CE got bumped to $90, snagged one for $63 before tax.

jzbluz

I'm telling you, man. that's the inferior version ;_;

oh yeah bro SDM is doing their 20x point thing on Sat. might buy a new n3DS for someone. if I do, I'l get like 23432974 points, right?

the game is PSTV compatible

I doubt E3 deals will include the CE. I think it's always been standard editions up for cheap. Best Buy did run a 30% off CEs promo last year tho. Persona Q CE got bumped to $90, snagged one for $63 before tax.

Didn't the E3 deal applied to LE/CE with Amazon? Amazon will save us!

kennah

So the Shoppers 20x points Wii U would be better than going for the $100 off with 5 trade in at Eb right now, since I'd have to trade in basically all my 3DS games and rebuy them later :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We should be hearing about E3 deals in the next week, right?

Assuming E3 deals still exist.

Assuming deals still exist.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got the preorder in for disco. Like already said, I hope this hits an e3 20% off thing but this is a good security blanket for now.

98 after tax. Much better than 100 pre tax.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
People looking to unload their PS3 Persona 5 preorders: message me on release date. I probably won't be getting a PS4 until it hits around $250-300 in Canada, so until 2020 probably.

Damn best buy seems pretty easy going about the futureshop E3 deal. I had a ton of games preordered and wanted to cancel a few. I selected 1 or 2 from each of my groups of 3 and they did it no problem within a few hours of emailing them. Didn't have to call.

Nice.

Damn best buy seems pretty easy going about the futureshop E3 deal. I had a ton of games preordered and wanted to cancel a few. I selected 1 or 2 from each of my groups of 3 and they did it no problem within a few hours of emailing them. Didn't have to call.

Nice.

I need to do this with a couple. I will hit them up with an email then?

Which email address did you use?

Top Bottom