• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

zroid

Banned
sigh, neither Splatoon nor A***** charged by Best Buy. Not a chance I'm getting anything till next week. Dumb.

At least Amazon has given some indication Splatoon will be shipped soon but it's probably too late to get sent out today anyway.

Hopeford

I ordered a PS4 from chapters a week ago and it's been stuck in Alberta for a week now(I live in Ontario). Anyone know if it's normal for shipping to take that long?

SickBoy

sigh, neither Splatoon nor A***** charged by Best Buy. Not a chance I'm getting anything till next week. Dumb.

At least Amazon has given some indication Splatoon will be shipped soon but it's probably too late to get sent out today anyway.

Yeah, my shippingGAF update is the same. My E3 preorder hasn't been charged. I guess for $45, it's still a great deal... but thinking about possibly grabbing in store and returning when it arrives.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I got my Amiibo shipments from EBgames. All of them.. as separate shipments. I hope Purolator doesn't fuck me. I might just go downstairs and put a note up again..

I got my Amiibo shipments from EBgames. All of them.. as separate shipments. I hope Purolator doesn't fuck me. I might just go downstairs and put a note up again..

That's how they do it.

Each one is individually packaged with good protection.

Purolator can be a pain in the ass though. The first Amiibos I got from them went to the depot. The second batch I actually received at the door.

Kieli

$60 for a rhythm game on the Vita is pretty bonkers.

Last year, that would have gotten you P5 or any AAA title on PS4/Xbone.

Ondore

I'm justifying this as a $40 game + $40 2-disc OST and hoping for a botch on the order of the early one last year. Probably nuking the preorder on the DAN:CE otherwise.

Splatoon shows out of stock on my Best Buy order. Last game this happened to was Xenoblade, so I guess I am getting it Monday or Tuesday. I will probably go to the store and just return my mailed copy.

Jachaos

Splatoon shows out of stock on my Best Buy order. Last game this happened to was Xenoblade, so I guess I am getting it Monday or Tuesday. I will probably go to the store and just return my mailed copy.

Does that work well? You just keep the receipt and bring in the unopened copy? How do they refund the money, store-credit?

Does that work well? You just keep the receipt and bring in the unopened copy? How do they refund the money, store-credit?

Yeah, it has worked every time for me. Just keep the receipt for the store copy and return the mailed one using it. You get a refund through your original payment method.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-ordered P4 DAN, don't even know why but just in case I guess.

Jachaos

Yeah, it has worked every time for me. Just keep the receipt for the store copy and return the mailed one using it. You get a refund through your original payment method.

they refund the same way you paid.

Alright thanks! I would always get it very early with FutureShop but this is the first time I've ordered through Best Buy's website and wondered when they would charge my credit card since it was usually done by now. I then saw it was out of stock so yeah, might have to go grab it at the local store.

Ondore

Just picked up some... stuff... from EB Games and Codename STEAM was $12.99 in their system. Also the price on ebgames.ca right now.

#bomba

I used the one on the futureshop site:

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/contact-us.aspx

that one. Just pick orders and mention specifically what you want to remove and from which order number so there's no confusion, and they'll do it.

Bah.

They cancelled one of my orders entirely even though I specified just cancelling one item in the order. I wanted to just cancel Persona 5 PS3 and they cancelled Rainbow Six and Zelda Wii U along with it.

I don't think I am going to bother fighting it since I was thinking about getting RS on PC or PS4 digital and I have a feeling there will be a Zelda Wii U special edition of some sort that I may want. Still, disappointing. It's best to call in.

They got it right for another order.

Just picked up some... stuff... from EB Games and Codename STEAM was $12.99 in their system. Also the price on ebgames.ca right now.

#bomba

Bah. Can't think of anything I want to order with it.

Ryne

That is a good deal. I paired it with Yaiba and now I need something else to make it 25 bucks for free shipping.

Edit: waited too long, sold out :(

suikodan

People looking to unload their PS3 Persona 5 preorders: message me on release date. I probably won't be getting a PS4 until it hits around $250-300 in Canada, so until 2020 probably.

PM me again when the game will come out. I have a PS3 pre-order for the game. I'm in Montreal.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Cool thanks! I actually wanted it.

EDIT: Aww, website sold out

Damn, just as I was searching for something to order with it to get free shipping...

Think they'll honor the price in store?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Just wondering if it's a pricing error and they caught it... Guess I'll try to go during my lunch break and hope they didn't notice / the discount is legit!

Ondore

Damn, just as I was searching for something to order with it to get free shipping...

Think they'll honor the price in store?

Yeah, the floor display had the price and it was changed in the system.

My roommate grabbed the last copy in the store (Halifax Shopping Center) so it's a tossup if you'll get one, but if it's in stock you'll get it for $13.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't bought a retail console game for a while...

... are Wii U games all $69.99 now?

The fuck.

Renewed

NEW DEAL

EB Games is offering a refurb PS3 with CoD: Ghosts Hardened Edition for $109.99.

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/604283110461579265

If you don't even want the game, the console itself goes for the same price.

Personally thinking I might get this and start the foray into PS3 games and imports while I'm at it.
Gundam EXVS here I come
qO7WXak.png

Lexxism

Do you know if the Platinum expires after a year? Do I have to earn another 5000 points to renew it a year from now? Or do I keep it for the lifetime of the program?
Not 100% sure but I don't think you will need to earn another 5000 to stay as Platinum. Your points will stay as it is as you accumulate points for your next level-up (Onyx card). Like myself, I'm currently a Gold card and it's already been a year since and it didn't go back to 0. So, I guess this is pretty much a lifetime program? You can always ask them when you convert your card to Plat.

Top Bottom