• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

No_Style

Shit. Shopper's has Splatoon for $59.99?

I am going to have to hit up one of the locations that actually carries games.

Edit: Is there a flyer scan of the deal I can take to Best Buy?

Check Shoppers site for flyer. Also, it's cheaper at Indigo.ca w/ the 20% VISA Checkout promo. $55.99.

Check Shoppers site for flyer. Also, it's cheaper at Indigo.ca w/ the 20% VISA Checkout promo. $55.99.

Hmm. I wonder if I can do that for in store pickup today. I will try.

Edit: Yeah, nothing is available. :/ And the Shoppers deal starts tomorrow according to the flyer.

Yonge and Eglinton EB had tons of Codename STEAM. There is a Best Buy down the street.

Also. If you earn the 5000 points to get a Platinum Edge card it's only good for a year. You need to earn another 5000 to get another one for free.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Got Codename Steam at EBgames. Woohoo! Thanks a lot to whoever posted this!

Unsurprisingly, they were out of Ness a***** however.

MarkusRJR

Went to the St. Vital EB at Winnipeg and they only have like 4 left. They were telling people that they were only $13 at the beginning of most transactions lol. Also, ended up getting a Splatoon shirt.

Kind of feel bad that the game bombed. Poor IS, they make a game to appeal to western audiences and their game sells worse than Fire Emblem. :(

Went to the St. Vital EB at Winnipeg and they only have like 4 left. They were telling people that they were only $13 at the beginning of most transactions lol. Also, ended up getting a Splatoon shirt.

Kind of feel bad that the game bombed. Poor IS, they make a game to appeal to western audiences and their game sells worse than Fire Emblem. :(

It's a great concept.

I think it was poorly marketed and the art style didn't help. There is something off about the look of the game. The demo didn't help much either.

For $13 though...

NEW DEAL

Didn't see it posted in this thread yet, but if you pickup Splatoon at EBgames you can get a pro controller for $24.99.

I don't think I've ever seen it lower.

Cheers!

Capture.png

Edit: Also, for the few people who want Codename Steam there were TONS of copies at my local EBgames, I strongly suggest you give yours a call today to see if they have any in stock before giving up.

Montreal EB cleared of Codename Steam. Oh well

And yeah, I'll also confirm Platinum is per year. This is the one they were trying to coax people out of the Xbone/PS4 lineups into a faster plat-only lineup with.

NEW DEAL

Didn't see it posted in this thread yet, but if you pickup Splatoon at EBgames you can get a pro controller for $24.99.

I don't think I've ever seen it lower.

Cheers!

Capture.png

Edit: Also, for the few people who want Codename Steam there were TONS of copies at my local EBgames, I strongly suggest you give yours a call today to see if they have any in stock before giving up.

Weird Splatoon deal considering it doesn't support the Pro Controller.

Weird Splatoon deal considering it doesn't support the Pro Controller.

Battle Dojo does, but yeah, weird offer considering that only one small part of this game allows you to use the pro controller.

I'm just happy that player 3 at my house doesn't have to use the Wiimotes for Mario Kart or Smash anymore.

Does Canada Post deliver twice in one day? I'm tracking a package and it says expected delivery today but I already got my mail for the day.

Does Canada Post deliver twice in one day? I'm tracking a package and it says expected delivery today but I already got my mail for the day.

Yeah same here. I got Splatoon but my amiibos aren't here yet dispite being scheduled to arrive today...

I really hate Nintendo's Friday release thing.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Sometimes package mail and regular mail comes at different times. But not guaranteed

Got my Codename STEAM from the EB Games at Oakville Place if anyone lives in that area. I called ahead to see if they could put one aside for me, and they said "We got lots, don't worry."

jzbluz

For $13 I'm tempted, but I didn't particularly like the demo and who knows when I'll get the itch to actually play it. Damn my hoarder side.

For $13 I'm tempted, but I didn't particularly like the demo and who knows when I'll get the itch to actually play it. Damn my hoarder side.

Yeah, I picked it up on price alone but I don't think I will play it for a while. It could end up being fodder in a trade deal if the return offers more than I paid.

kennah

Wanna grab one and drop it at my house? :p I can't make it out maybe.

Good to know though, maybe I'll head over later.

cameron

Damn, the dollar took a massive hit this week. Lost any gains since April.

I get letter mail around noon consistently by a mail carrier who parks his car and goes door to door by foot. I get packages from a CP truck that parks in front of my house. The truck delivers anytime from 11 am to 6 pm.

Kieli

Damn, the dollar took a massive hit this week. Lost any gains since April.

I get letter mail around noon consistently by a mail carrier who parks his car and goes door to door by foot. I get packages from a CP truck that parks in front of my house. The truck delivers anytime from 11 am to 6 pm.

Thanks Harper.

only 4!? dang hope they still have some when I go later today... :/

Layell

Best Buy hates me, Splatoon showing sold out online and no shipping notice. I pre-ordered last e3 what is this nonsense.

Kirby was also delayed due to them somehow not recognizing my paypal (although it worked before for smash). So I have 0 clue what is going on.

nordique

Sweet Codename STEAM deal...

Anyone in Calgary know if it's still in stock? I have to head out later and wouldn't mind picking it up at that price...I really enjoye the demo

Sweet Codename STEAM deal...

Anyone in Calgary know if it's still in stock? I have to head out later and wouldn't mind picking it up at that price...I really enjoye the demo

Looking at the locator on the site, it seems to be readily available at just about every store. You should have no problem finding one.

Top Bottom