• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

Amazon shipped Splatoon and delivery is on the 1st. am I finally on Amazon's good graces? this is the fastest I'll get something from them

Amazon shipped Splatoon and delivery is on the 1st. am I finally on Amazon's good graces? this is the fastest I'll get something from them

I used to have them ship on Thursday night and arrive on Friday with standard shipping. This is a step backwards for me. No complaints though, I seriously have no time to play the game this weekend anyway.

trixx

No sign of Splatoon shipment order, I don't even know if I'm being charged 45 or full price, if full price I'm passing.

Also $79.99 for ps4 and xbone games.... yeesh

Amazon delivery is odd. For instance I got my Splatoon copy 2 days before release date while for some other games, it took week for them to start shipping.

Bluenoser

No sign of Splatoon shipment order, I don't even know if I'm being charged 45 or full price, if full price I'm passing.

Also $79.99 for ps4 and xbone games.... yeesh

Only the largest publishers (EA/Activision/Ubi) are charging $80 for games. Shows what scumbags they are.

And Sony has to smarten up with their PSN pricing. As an example, FFX/X-II HD is $60!!!! WTF? They still charge so much for old games as well. There are definitely deals to be had on PSN, but IMO, their pricing is fucked up overall. Nothing to do with the CDN/USA dollar either- just them not wanting to lower prices.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amazon delivery is odd. For instance I got my Splatoon copy 2 days before release date while for some other games, it took week for them to start shipping.
Yeah I've never had consistent experiences with Amazon. Sometimes they ship on Friday for Tuesday releases, sometimes Monday, sometimes not until 1-3 days after the release date.

Tuck

Yeah I've never had consistent experiences with Amazon. Sometimes they ship on Friday for Tuesday releases, sometimes Monday, sometimes not until 1-3 days after the release date.
Weird. For me they always ship the day before release and I get it on release day in the afternoon. Pretty much without exception.

iiicon

Awesome, managed to buy Code Name S.T.E.A.M today. I'd been waiting for the Lucina
Amiibo
before I tried it out, so it was nice of EB to drop the price when I was ready to buy.

DVG

Hey guys. Looking to buy an xbox one really soon. Are there any decent deals going on right now? Is kinect worth it? Will there be any deals around e3 time?

Mhee123

Neo Member
I just got mine and it was the 2nd last copy from the store. I have a feeling that Codename Steam going to be the new Nintendoland of tradeins.

Zeeman

Well, not going to have time to grab STEAM today. I can't imagine it'll last through the weekend when I might have a chance to pick it up.

Got a copy of STEAM at EB. I am not super interested in the game, but $13 is like the biggest bomba since Steel Diver. I also saw a guy outside the mall with the Splatoon shirt, and the employee at EB had one. I am pretty jealous. Does anyone know how that is available in Canada?

Harusame

Successfully got a new and fully sealed Codename STEAM from Ebgames for $12.99. Also, since I have Majora's Mask a while back, they also gave me the Silver Majora's Mask Pin. I am quite satisfied with that purchase.

Renewed

Got a copy of STEAM at EB. I am not super interested in the game, but $13 is like the biggest bomba since Steel Diver. I also saw a guy outside the mall with the Splatoon shirt, and the employee at EB had one. I am pretty jealous. Does anyone know how that is available in Canada?

You could ask EB if they have them. Like $13 or w/e for a medium size one. Got one for my brother and he's enjoying it.

Harusame

They are available at Ebgames. I bought one yesterday and they are actually pretty nice.

Palehorse

Also got codename STEAM at best buy. Price match with a gamer certificate. Guy at the till said "That'll be $6...for that $45 game"

Felt good.

trixx

Only the largest publishers (EA/Activision/Ubi) are charging $80 for games. Shows what scumbags they are.

And Sony has to smarten up with their PSN pricing. As an example, FFX/X-II HD is $60!!!! WTF? They still charge so much for old games as well. There are definitely deals to be had on PSN, but IMO, their pricing is fucked up overall. Nothing to do with the CDN/USA dollar either- just them not wanting to lower prices.

was planning on getting a ps4/xbone this year but if games are pricing like that I think I'll wait some more.

Renewed

The thing with Splatoon for me was that since BBY wasn't gonna ship any time soon and this is more for my brother than me, I went down to EB among... other things.

I picked up the game, shirt and they threw in the poster. When they noticed that I had credit from preorders that were never picked up they offered to add that to my purchase. So that brought it down by a whopping $40. Way to go my past self...

I saw Codename STEAM there as well but didn't think about the price drop at all ;(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Price matched codename steam at bestbuy, 9 dollars!

Very happy, love you guys

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guy at my EB said the $13 price for S.T.E.A.M is three days only. Might want to get your purchases in by Sunday in that case.

kennah

Sorry sold out. So was the damn pro controller. Wish I picked these up at lunch but I preordered at a different EB.

Did ok for A***** though since I had a friend help me out lol
Worst birthday party ever
Actually posting from my birthday party

Quick

Banned
I currently have Batman: Arkham Knight on pre-order at EB Games, but is there another store that has some sort of promo for it? Amazon.ca has it for $69.00 vs. $70, for starters.

Firestorm

I should've checked this thread. I was interested in Codename Steam when it was announced but not really by the time of release. $13 seems worth a shot.

Did anyone else not receive Splatoon or even a shipping email from Best Buy for it today? Got my pre-order bonus from them already... Don't have time for it this weekend but found it odd.

khaaan

I had Splatoon originally pre-ordered from Futureshop. Received the pre-order bonus but no shipping notice. When I logged in to check my order status it shows Splatoon as out of stock. Hopefully it's not indicative of how all the Futureshop orders are going to be handled, maybe Splatoon is just that amazing.

Sora_N

I should've checked this thread. I was interested in Codename Steam when it was announced but not really by the time of release. $13 seems worth a shot.

Did anyone else not receive Splatoon or even a shipping email from Best Buy for it today? Got my pre-order bonus from them already... Don't have time for it this weekend but found it odd.

I ended up trading in at EB for it, canceled my BB order.

My friend didn't get his today either from BB, looks like they fucked up this time for Vancouver people.

Luigi87

I didn't pre-order Splatoon the game (just can't afford right now, particularly as I dropped a bunch of cash at a convention last week), but I did order the forbidden idols related to the game from BB. Those shipped today, so my guess is anything related has generally shipped today, thus meaning no deliveries until next week.

... This is why I miss FS so much. They always got things to me on release day. BB usually misses the mark.

levelplane

Neo Member
That code name steam deal is insane. Just picked it up a few days ago when it was 10 off at amazon. Woops.

Barely ever see nintendo games go that cheap new.

Also jumped on that splatoon with half off pro controller deal. Many thanks to poster.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I currently have Batman: Arkham Knight on pre-order at EB Games, but is there another store that has some sort of promo for it? Amazon.ca has it for $69.00 vs. $70, for starters.
If you can go the PC route, GMG has it for $36 regular and $54 for premium edition (game+season pass).

American price so expect to pay Harper tax.

Top Bottom