• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

you guys don't have to go to EB for that. if you're lucky and the rep doesn't call for stock, go to BB instead since it's cheaper when you price match.

Jinto

Looks like I made the right choice in returning Codename S.T.E.A.M. when I had the chance. I just exchanged FIFA 15 for it and got like $2 in-store credit back.

Edit: BB just sent me my shipping notice for Splatoon, finally.

KarmaCow

That Splatoon + Pro Controller deal is just bizarre, why that of all games? Just put the controller on sale, I want to properly play my Wii U games, especially Smash in lieu of the GCN adapter ever coming back.

Omzz

That Splatoon + Pro Controller deal is just bizarre, why that of all games? Just put the controller on sale, I want to properly play my Wii U games, especially Smash in lieu of the GCN adapter ever coming back.
GCN adapter is a bit more common i think. reserved it in store at the best buy oakville yesterday and picked it up

a916

I had Splatoon originally pre-ordered from Futureshop. Received the pre-order bonus but no shipping notice. When I logged in to check my order status it shows Splatoon as out of stock. Hopefully it's not indicative of how all the Futureshop orders are going to be handled, maybe Splatoon is just that amazing.

Happened to me too, Witcher 3 same issue. I got it almost a week later. (I just picked up a copy from BB on launch and then returned the one I got a week later, didn't want to wait)

Harusame

Went to Ebgames and I was able to get the Wii U pro controller for $24.99, even though I bought Splatoon during the 9pm Thursday launch. I just showed my receipt and everything was straight forward. I think everyone at my local Ebgames knows me now...

Rione

Nice didn't even have to try that hard to find a copy of Codename Steam at EBGames. On that note there's still copies like in every EBGames store in London, ON for anyone in that area.

dream

Man, when Codename Steam clicks, it REALLY clicks. What a surprisingly refreshing and audacious game from a company that has historically been really complacent and same-y within this genre.

Managed to find a nearby store with a pro controller in stock. Almost missed it. The employees didn't see in the display case and thought they were sold out. If I didn't notice it on my way out, I would have missed it.

Played a few rounds on Splatoon. It is quite the fun, but I definitely need to get better. I had a 1 to 3 wind to lose ratio. I had no problems getting into a match and didn't notice any lag.

d1ddy

Animal crossing new leaf is 15$ at superstore . Purchased in Winnipeg at the sergeant location no copies left but when I'm off work I can upload the receipt if needed or take a picture of the shelve label so you can price match somewhere else ~_~

Hopeford

It was stolen not lost hahaha.

Honestly believe they just messed up. Tracking said it ended up in Alberta(I live in Ontario), so they probably messed up shipment somehow. Either way, so long as I get my ps4 in the end I don't really care what happened to the original shipment.

N° 2048

Honestly believe they just messed up. Tracking said it ended up in Alberta(I live in Ontario), so they probably messed up shipment somehow. Either way, so long as I get my ps4 in the end I don't really care what happened to the original shipment.

Whoever got it, probably kept it TBH.

kennah

Animal crossing new leaf is 15$ at superstore . Purchased in Winnipeg at the sergeant location no copies left but when I'm off work I can upload the receipt if needed or take a picture of the shelve label so you can price match somewhere else ~_~

Holy shit, loving all these 3DS price drops.

Had no luck with Steam today, been to three EBs all over Winnipeg and all sold out. I have one PM from a Fellow GAFfer, but if anyone has a spare/got it and doesn't like it let me know, I'll pay for shipping plus a Tim Hortons.

Kuro1812

Neo Member
Anyone interested in the Splatoon 3 pak Amiibo set in the Metro Vancouver; the Toys r us over in Landowne Centre has 3 of them on the shelf.

khaaan

Are the Splatoon and Pac-man amiibos rare? I saw a whackload of em an hour ago. Behead me for bringing up the subject if needed.

Do you guys think I could buy Splatoon now, and return the copy I get from the E3 deal? I ordered it from Futureshop but I haven't gotten any shipping notification and it's showing as out of stock in my order status but it is showing stock in my closest Futureshop turned Best Buy. I'm just worried that it'll be out of stock past the return date.

Sora_N

Are the Splatoon and Pac-man amiibos rare? I saw a whackload of em an hour ago. Behead me for bringing up the subject if needed.

Do you guys think I could buy Splatoon now, and return the copy I get from the E3 deal? I ordered it from Futureshop but I haven't gotten any shipping notification and it's showing as out of stock in my order status but it is showing stock in my closest Futureshop turned Best Buy. I'm just worried that it'll be out of stock past the return date.

I saw a bunch of Pacman at WM, I ordered 2 online so didn't pick-up in person. Pacman is not really rare.

Not sure about Splatoon, didn't see any at all!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Not sur eif it is all superstores across Canada or a select few but my Superstore in Winnipeg on Gateway had a select few of games on the x1 and ps4 for $4 dollars each

PS4: (not as many compared to X1)
Knack
MLB the show 14
Watchdogs
UFC
Sleeping Dogs

X1:
Titanfall
Sleeping Dogs
BF4
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
UFC
Watch Dogs

A few more I can not remember, but only $4 each. I ended up picking up Watch dogs, Knack and MLB the show for 14-15 bucks.

Sora_N

I should have looked before I ripped it open, but the pro controller doesn't really do much in splatoon...ehhh.

That was disappointing but I'm sure I'll use it sooner or later for something else anyways.

Zing

Banned
I should have looked before I ripped it open, but the pro controller doesn't really do much in splatoon...ehhh.

That was disappointing but I'm sure I'll use it sooner or later for something else anyways.
It would primarily be used for local duels, otherwise, yes, it's not useful.

I've only every used mine for Smash Bros. I tried it with platformers like NSMBU and Tropical Freeze, but the Wii Remote and Nunchuck are far better for that.

Sora_N

It would primarily be used for local duels, otherwise, yes, it's not useful.

I've only every used mine for Smash Bros. I tried it with platformers like NSMBU and Tropical Freeze, but the Wii Remote and Nunchuck are far better for that.

I will probably just use it for awkward games like Hyrule Warriors which is awkward with gamepad lol.

You can tie it to a wiimote for motion controls during local 1 on 1 dojo battles.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Not sur eif it is all superstores across Canada or a select few but my Superstore in Winnipeg on Gateway had a select few of games on the x1 and ps4 for $4 dollars each

Knack
MLB the show 14
Watchdogs
UFC
Sleeping Dogs

X1:
Titanfall
Sleeping Dogs
BF4
UFC
Watch Dogs

A few more I can not remember, but only $4 each. I ended up picking up Watch dogs, Knack and MLB the show for 14-15 bucks.

$4? That's unreal if true. Can't imagine that being nation-wide. Surely someone else would have reported by now...

$4? That's unreal if true. Can't imagine that being nation-wide. Surely someone else would have reported by now...

I can confirm that this was going on in Winnipeg. My younger brother who lives in Winnipeg told me about it yesterday. His understanding is that Superstore is getting out of selling video games.

kevin1025

Banned
I can confirm that this was going on in Winnipeg. My younger brother who lives in Winnipeg told me about it yesterday. His understanding is that Superstore is getting out of selling video games.

Wow, wild. Worth checking into here in Ontario or do you guys think it's only in Winnipeg for now?

Please buy Sleeping Dogs if you see it. It's an awesome game and I want a sequel, damn it!

I'm actually working on my second playthrough now, and just about finished the campaign.

Ondore

Is it sad that I'm going to check the EB Games trade list to Superstore to see if I can get three qualifiers and grab Splatoon?

Also, couple of questions about the shop.ca/Pizza Pizza thing:
- When does the Pizza Pizza promo run through?
- Will shop.ca be getting Splatoon and Xenoblade 3D in soon? Thought I'd use it to grab the two games ($75+tax for both is about E3 pricing) but neither's on the site.

Is it sad that I'm going to check the EB Games trade list to Superstore to see if I can get three qualifiers and grab Splatoon?

- Will shop.ca be getting Splatoon and Xenoblade 3D in soon? Thought I'd use it to grab the two games ($75+tax for both is about E3 pricing) but neither's on the site.

I checked out of curiosity, and only Sleeping Dogs DE qualifies.

There's a Shop.ca video games thread on RFD, though it's been a month or so since the last post. Shop.ca's really bad at stocking video games, though, so I wouldn't expect to see either game on the site in the near future/ever. Especially not Xenoblade 3D, that's crazy talk.

Ondore

Just checked my nearby Superstore: Although all the games are marked Great Buy or Blowout they're still only about $10 off on average. So definitely a YMNV.

Can we get a moment of silence in the memory of Arby's? :(

DAMN YOU

DAMMMNNN YOUUUUUUUUU YOU SOOTHSAYING BASTARD!

I was in Whitby on an errand, so on my way back to Toronto, I decided to stop by the Arby's in Ajax.

..... They're closing down on June 21st. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The closest location after that will be in... Oshawa.. :\

i-Jest

Knack
MLB the show 14
Watchdogs
UFC
Sleeping Dogs

X1:
Titanfall
Sleeping Dogs
BF4
UFC
Watch Dogs

Would love to know if this is happening in Toronto. Can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom