• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax has been up for preorder, for both Vita and PS3, the last 3 or so months. If it's apart of the E3 sales this year I'm gonna put in and order for both.

Oh right, I will just reorder in that case.

I'll hold off on Dengeki until/unless there's an E3 deal.

TBH the game is not that great, unless you really like the characters.

Yeah Dengeki Bunko FC has been up for a few months now

Gonna wait for an E3 deal on the Vita version. I already own an imported PS3 copy anyways

I'm probably gonna buy the inevitable PS4 sequel-port too. I've been buying a lot of localized Dengeki novels lately as well...

Sora_N

Yeah Dengeki Bunko FC has been up for a few months now

Gonna wait for an E3 deal on the Vita version. I already own an imported PS3 copy anyways

I'm probably gonna buy the inevitable PS4 sequel-port too. I've been buying a lot of localized Dengeki novels lately as well...

What's been localized? Shana pretty much died for localization a few years back.

What's been localized? Shana pretty much died for localization a few years back.

A good amount of stuff. As far as Dengeki goes, the Magical Index LN's, The Devil is a Part Timer, Accel World, Spice & Wolf (Volume 15 or something comes out in August and yes they did actually go that far), and Sword Art Online are all currently being localized and already have volumes out. Durarara comes out next month (July), Black Bullet in August I think, and Strike the Blood in September.

DanMachi, No Game No Life, and Log Horizon all have at least one volume out (DanMachi has 2 I think) with more on the way.

You can find a lot of them at Amazon and Chapters. Personally I own Accel World, the Devil is a Part Timer, and I'm probably gonna pick up volumes 1-3 of Magical Index later in June.

Sora_N

A good amount of stuff. As far as Dengeki goes, the Magical Index LN's, The Devil is a Part Timer, Accel World, Spice & Wolf (Volume 15 or something comes out in August and yes they did actually go that far), and Sword Art Online are all currently being localized and already have volumes out. Durarara comes out next month, Black Bullet in August I think, and Strike the Blood in September.

DanMachi, No Game No Life, and Log Horizon all have at least one volume out (DanMachi has 2 I think) with more on the way.

You can find a lot of them at Amazon and Chapters. Personally I own Accel World, the Devil is a Part Timer, and I'm probably gonna pick up volumes 1-3 of Magical Index later in June.

I'm gonna grab Accel World lol.

Haven't seen any of the other ones and I don't think I care about Index that much.

Zeeman

So today's the last day of the 20% off deal on Indigo, and they only have the red new 3DS XL. I really wanted the black one. Anyone have any thoughts on the red?

So today's the last day of the 20% off deal on Indigo, and they only have the red new 3DS XL. I really wanted the black one. Anyone have any thoughts on the red?

I have the red. It's really nice looking in person.

But if you really don't want red you shouldn't force yourself to get it.

I have a friend who owns the red N3DS and he's brought it over a few times. It looks really nice, and personally I like it more than the black one

I was close to getting it myself the past week. But E3 is just around the corner. If anything, at this point it might be better to wait it out and see if Nintendo announces a new bundle or LE N3DS if you're really not feeling the red N3DS.

zroid

Banned
the red one is great until you touch it :p

that said, I find black handhelds really boring looking so I avoid them when possible

Zeeman

I have a friend who owns the red N3DS and he's brought it over a few times. It looks really nice, and personally I like it more than the black one

I was close to getting it myself the past week. But E3 is just around the corner. If anything, at this point it might be better to wait it out and see if Nintendo announces a new bundle or LE N3DS if you're really not feeling the red N3DS.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. And hey, even if they don't, there will be other sales, right?

*dollar crashes, n3DS price is raised to $300, sales end forever*

Thought I'd ask in here because CanGAF has their heads on straight about this kind of stuff.

What's the best way to ship a Vita(Including Charger and Mem Cards) via Canada post? I'm looking at the parcels and seeing that they want $23 to ship the thing, and that's without me having the box/packing supplies. Plus, the smallest box that it fits in according to CanPost is way bigger then needed for several dimensions and I'm assuming I want the smallest box that isn't constraining/damaging the product. I've been looking at a bubble mailer, but I'm not sure.

Any advice?

I have the red. It's really nice looking in person.

But if you really don't want red you shouldn't force yourself to get it.

the red one is great until you touch it :p

that said, I find black handhelds really boring looking so I avoid them when possible

the black colour really helps with the gloss+finger prints
not sure how the red colour affects that

The black one is really nice. I'd wanted the red one as well, but when I received the black one I was very happy with it.

DJ_Lae

I still regret buying the majora's mask n3ds - it's hideous. Garish and unsightly and a fingerprint magnet.

Literally every other colour is better, I just suckered myself into the exclusivity. Monster hunter one was a lot nicer looking too.

Thought I'd ask in here because CanGAF has their heads on straight about this kind of stuff.

What's the best way to ship a Vita(Including Charger and Mem Cards via Canada post? I'm looking at the parcels and seeing that they want $23 to ship the thing, and that's without me having the box/packing supplies. Plus, the smallest box that it fits in according to CanPost is way bigger then needed for several dimensions and I'm assuming I want the smallest box that isn't constraining/damaging the product. I've been looking at a bubble mailer, but I'm not sure.

Any advice?

I had to ship a vita for warranty service. Used expresspost, with signature, in a box originally meant for a digital camera. Make sure you protect the screen and ensure the box is sealed in case its sitting in rain. I had leftover paper or plastic stuffing (can't remember which) from a recent amazon purchase,so re used that to protect it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I still regret buying the majora's mask n3ds - it's hideous. Garish and unsightly and a fingerprint magnet.

Literally every other colour is better, I just suckered myself into the exclusivity. Monster hunter one was a lot nicer looking too.

I have the Majora's Mask, my wife has the Monster Hunter. No regrets for me on Majora's Mask. I usually hate gold, but I think the shade they have is very tolerable. Definitely a finger print magnet, but wiping it down takes seconds. Plus, I like being the only guy at the Monster Hunter weeklies that doesn't have a Monster Hunter 3DS. :p

kinger

There's a sign at Shoppers on the flyer rack saying the $59 Splatoon was an error, so I guess that's over, unless you luck out on a price match?

On another note, PM'd Code Name Steam at best buy for <$7, and looks like Club Nintendo shipped my game case, so not a bad weekend, overall.

Oh yeah, and reminder that visa checkout 20% off at chapters ends in 2 hours.
Edit: aaaand it's over.

Ryne

So it's looking like 819-859 CAD (not including tax) for some of the new 980TI variants. I think I will buy one just in case the dollar sinks and these things start costing $1000

Lexxism

So it's looking like 819-859 CAD (not including tax) for some of the new 980TI variants. I think I will buy one just in case the dollar sinks and these things start costing $1000
Yeah. I saw one at newegg for $810 before shipping. I really hate newegg with their shipping cost

Ryne

Yeah. I saw one at newegg for $810 before shipping. I really hate newegg with their shipping cost

I'll probably pick up the $849 EVGA with backplate if an Asus or MSI version of the card doesn't show up by the end of the week. With shipping and taxes, it will total $974

I'll probably pick up the $849 EVGA with backplate if an Asus or MSI version of the card doesn't show up by the end of the week. With shipping and taxes, it will total $974

Almost a grand, ow. Don't think I could stomach paying that much for a GPU.

$650 CAD on the other hand.... :lol

Ouch. I wonder when NCIX and CC will get theirs but they're probably gonna be sold out almost instantly

Time to pray for a conversion mistake and have it be sold at $650 CAD

kinger

How on Earth did you get it under $7? I got my PM'd copy for $9.79 ($12.99-3.20), before tax.

You'd have to ask the CSR that did it, because I honestly haven't been able to figure it out.

Like it obviously wasn't -10% of the difference, and it wasn't -10% off the discounted price ($11.69), but it also wasn't 10% of the original price($4.50) because they charged me $6 before tax? I just let them do the math, and they even called EB to confirm the price($12.99), and approved by like 2 different people, so idk.

Canon

Banned
OK Best Buy still hasn't shipped my Splatoon game and they now say it's on BACK ORDER. When I fucking pre-ordered it the day after E3 of 2014, and it's shown "in-stock" on their website and in-store forever. For some reason only my order is magically "out of stock."

This happened before with my Codename Steam and I just cancelled it, but it looks like Best Buy is never going to ship my pre-orders on time.

trixx

Anyone get their splatoon order from e3 deal in? I'm curious as to how much best buy charged for the game? Did they charge full price like Kirby or does it have the deal.

Curious cause I got the game just now but not sure how much they charged me for it, as they haven't billed my credit card yet.

kennah

St Anne's superstore in Winnipeg either does have 5 dollar games or has been cleaned out. But they do have psn currency cards for 15 percent off.

Top Bottom